Server Downtime: Tues, July 28 @ 7AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 7:00AM PDT* for an update. Estimated downtime is approximately one hour.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 9:00PM PDT* for an update. (Approx. 5:00AM London Time on July 29, 2015). Estimated downtime is one hour.

Alle deutschsprachigen Server werden um 6:00 CET am 29.07.2015 zwecks einer Serveraktualisierung heruntergefahren. Die vorgesehene Stillstandszeit wird etwa 1 Stunde(n) betragen.

Le serveur de langue française sera arrêté à 6:00 CET le 29-07-2015 pour une mise à jour du serveur. Le temps d'arrêt sera d'environ 1 heure.

*Time Zone Converter

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they're available.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums for news if additional downtime is needed.
  2. Lady Marlyn Member

Your general maintenance notice which we can't reply to states that it starts at 6 A.M. and it will take 2 - 4 hours. This maintenance starts at 7 A.M. and is supposed to last one hour. We are used to this it happens every Tues. However how can you do 2 separate maintenance issues at once. Unless the general maintenance stops at 7 A.M. for the regular one then the general one restarts at 8 A.M. until 11:00 A.M. which means that the total estimated time is actually 5 hours. Not complaining mind you -- just would like some kind of clarification of the total time factor so that I can structure other things to do while you guys do your thing.
  3. Armageddoux Active Member

I presume the General maintenance is about the Operating System and some other issues. Patches and updates are mainly files copying over the net, stopping and starting the main program, so it does seems absolutely inconceivable that both can be run at the same time.
    Besides this conflict of hours concerns only U.S. servers, europeans ones will be shutted down twice. Is it a bettere news ? I doubt
  4. Armageddoux Active Member

5. Yvonnell New Member

if you look again, you will see that the 6am PDT update is NOT game server related but website, account and login server general maintenance.. the one at 7am PDT is EQ2 specific.. the first should not affect you if you are logged in, but the second will definitely kick you
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

Company-wide maintenance is Platform stuff. CAS, etc.
    EQ2 game servers being updated is a patch and reboot on each EQ2 server.

They don't overlap the same systems so can be updated simultaneously.
  7. Armageddoux Active Member

oopssss! misstyped :)shame:) I would type :
    It does not seem absolutely inconceivable that both can be ....

should better re read myself next time :confused:
  8. Bashem Well-Known Member

OP has no link to the servers themselves.

Are they still unreliable sources of the Servers status?
  9. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Yes, all the status page meant was that the server platforms were alive and had a heartbeat, they were never an indication that the game was up and running.
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Lady Marlyn Member

Just wanted to come up and say thank you to all who helped me to clear out my confusion. As far as computers go I pretty much know what buttons to push and when. How to do email and online stuff -- but how it all works at least for now is beyond me. So once again Many Thanks to all!!:)