Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Actually, we had the day off, so it was an extended weekend, but that didn't stop some of us from keeping an eye on things. And as you saw in one of the other threads on this subject, Bunji was able to resolve the issue. It was not related to Tinkerfest in the least.

~ Kaitheel
    Katz and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There were no patch notes, so I'm not sure what of your changes went in, Kaitheel, but I have good news and bad news.

The good news: Great Balls of Fire CAN now be repeated up to 50 times. (I repeated it another 10 times today to hit the 50 mark)
    The bad news: There is no title or other fanfare when you complete those 50 reps - she just stops offering you the quest.
    Kelvani and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

The title comes from the merchant, not as a quest reward. Did he not have the new title scroll for sale?

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, they were submitted but no notes were created. Seems the update notes system could use some lovin'.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Heh, you didn't mention that little detail. I'll finish this writ that I am on, and port back and check. Does the other title work that way as well?
    Kelvani and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Yuop!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ok, I have both titles (I thought I might have missed a year due to too many alts). Pretty sure I can guess which one goes with which. :) Going to be some edumacating needed for the masses, so they don't miss out on buying these once they earn them.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For the Great Balls of Fire prefix title, should it really be plural like that? I'd think singular would work better (...men vs ...man)

Edit: The hubbyogre also brings up a valid point that you may be dancing close to copyright issues with that prefix title.
  9. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Niami helped me out with the titles, many thanks and love! :)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Thank goodness! :D

Kudos and thanks to those of you who kept an eye on things for us! :)

Yay, Bunji! :D

Glad it wasn't anything strange that happened with Tinkerfest; was a bit worried that it might interfere with our testing of it, especially given such a great opportunity with the double xp weekend. :)

Uwk
    Cyliena and Kelvani like this.
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Holy Erollisi, this thread got buried. Sorry for the belated completion of testing on this event.

CRAFTING / ITEM ISSUES
    • All house items in Tinkerfest Blueprints 7.0 are flagged as Mastercrafted and have no rent status reduction. If they are to follow suit with previous years, they should be Handcrafted and 25 RSR.
    • Back in 2009 the item "Small Rhodium Gear (Inactive)" was added to Myron's inventory. This year the same item was added to the recipe book plus Myron's inventory (the older version is on Tarly). The items look different, but could they please get different names as well to differentiate better? (see pics below)
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Interesting! And here I thought we were following the previous years perfectly, but it turns out that we've been inconsistent. All of the crafted Tinkerfest house items since 2013 have been Mastercrafted. I don't think I would gain much changing 3 years worth, at this point. Is the RSR that desirable any longer?

Oops! I bet that was a copy pasta error. The name will be changed.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Ah, Calthine did 2013-2014 Tinkerfest crafting on the site, so that's why we never caught it. The RSR isn't a big deal, and if Mastercrafted is the new standard that's fine as well. Guess you can tell the last time I made Tinkerfest recipes on live... :D

A-ha! Do you have the new item name yet by chance? Would save me a touch of sanity when fixing the guide!
  14. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I want a plushie of that Clockwork Grappler Beetle petamorph. It's so cute (for an insect)! :eek:
    edit: disregard, that's what I get for going through the list in reverse...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

It'll be "Elaborate Rhodium Cog (Inactive)"

Very original. Very.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  16. Cyliena Well-Known Member

It's perfect and so unique! ;)
  17. Kaitheel Developer

I edited it. Like a sneaky dev. Cause I realized I typod the name in my post.. but you were sooooo quick!

~ Kaitheel
  18. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Ahhh sneaky!

So, just to be more of a PITA about this.. I think the Elaborate Rhodium Cog (Inactive) shares an appearance with Medium Rhodium Gear (Inactive). Test should be down at the moment so I can't check in-game, but the screenshots I have for the gear and cog seem to match.

Gear: http://eq2.zam.com/db/item.html?eq2item=9a5325d6825e6870dd8b0d23cd881b63
    Cog: http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/eq2_item:Elaborate_Rhodium_Cog_(Inactive)
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Sigh. Joy. Oh, well. I don't have replacement art 2 days before the event. Doubles it is! (No really, sometimes I get so frustrated with myself. Sorry.)

~ Kaitheel
  20. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Sorry! Wish I had caught that sooner.