Weekends are Better with Friends (and Bonuses!)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Enjoying the summer is more fun when you have friends (or at least a crafty merc!) by your side. From Thursday, July 2 through Monday, July 6, there’s a Marketplace sale to help with just that. Both Merc Crates and Group XP Potions will be on sale for 40% off! All Access Members will get their additional 10% off the sale price.

[IMG]

And as an added perk for All Access Members, it’s a Double XP Weekend! AAs, Tradeskill, and Adventure XP will all be doubled. Not an All Access Member yet? Read about the perks and join today:www.everquest2.com/membership.
  2. pzpz Active Member

I'm glad to see bonus XP being doubled again, thanks Daybreak!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Ratza Well-Known Member

4. Yoemi New Member

Nice. Still have a few toons to level up.
  5. Occam Well-Known Member

I'm curious about the XP bonus. If I've got 200% vit. bonus, 140% vet. bonus, and a 110% pot. bonus going for a total of 450% extra XP, does that mean I'll get 900% XP this weekend? Of course, it's kind of a moot point since I've got RL plans this weekend. :confused:
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

Anyone know the exact hours for this? July 2 @ 12:00pm til July 6 @ 11:59pm?
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

I think you get 650%. It's not Double by any definition.
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be closer to 550% as it is just another 100%?( Edit: I see you are right, 650% 'total', with 550% 'extra')

Basically it will be noticeable, but barely.

The same players will be monopolizing the contested zones making you actually get less XP overall. These are always the weekends you shouldn't log in because certain overpowered toons will have everything worth while locked down.

It isn't double by a long shot. Bonus yes, double not even close.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Pixistik like this.
  9. gage New Member

might help if thay fixed the aom questline as no one can get passed the bug
  10. Kalmaraa Active Member

I'm assuming PST like normal there Feldon.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's already started. I'm assuming 11:59pm for the end time, but maybe I'm just projecting my wishes :p.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

Lol you're always so positive.

What this means is it makes grinding tolerable even if you run out of vitality. It is especially nice for tradeskilling, as vitality runs out after around 4 rush orders regardless of your level.
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. hansdampf New Member

Yeah it is bonus weekend, but it also means that your vitality depletes twice as fast and that any contested zone that would be worthwhile going to is useless because of raiders and plat farmers making plat power leveling the lazy.I guess it will be a strictly harvesting weekend or doing some long needed chores around the house.
    Feldon and Pixistik like this.
  14. Deago Well-Known Member

#1. Thanks.
    #2. Instances can still be very fruitful.
    #3.. Regarding experience think Σ
  15. Eggfu Member

of course it's double. you get an extra 100% XP that it is not dependent on your vitality, vet bonus, or potion duration.

therefore, you are earning 200% of XP, at absolute minimum, which is "double."

if your complaint is that your vitality bonus isn't _also_ doubled, that your vet bonus isn't _also_ doubled, and your pot bonus isn't _also_ doubled, that's like arguing that your 110% pot isn't _also_ giving you an extra 220% vitality bonus and an extra 220% vet bonus.
    Thoreandan and Svenone like this.
  16. Svenone Well-Known Member

To what bug do you refer? I ask because I have run the AoM quest line 10 times so far and am in the process of doing it yet again, and I have always been able to complete it (well, once the kithikor war situation was figured out...) I am honestly puzzled by this.
  17. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I don't think Feldon is complaining about anything, just pointing out that the bonus is additive, not multiplicative, which the term "double" implies.
    Belenos likes this.
  18. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Your experience IS doubled by any definition, your bonuses are not. Hence it is a double experience weekend, not a double bonus weekend. The flaw is not in their phrasing, but in the illogical conflation of bonuses with earned experience.
    Thoreandan likes this.
  19. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

If it isn't increasing the amount of XP you're gaining twofold, then it is not doubling your XP - anyone with even a rudimentary grasp of Mathematics or English should be able to figure that out. If I double 1000, the result is 2000. With vitality, and a 110% pot (for a total of 310%), an additive 100% represents a ~32% overall increase. That is not, under any sane or minimally intelligent person's definition of the word, a double of the amount of XP.

I mean, I know what you're saying, and I don't even care that much, but saying it's double, is hugely misleading at best, and plain wrong at worst.

Edit: Someone correct my math if I'm wrong...I'm useless at mental arithmetic and I don't care enough to break out a calculator.
    Belenos likes this.
  20. Deago Well-Known Member

Next bonus day they are going to say:

"You get more exp today and tomorrow mmmk" That will suffice ...nobody can argue.

:p