Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I thought topping the fishing skill won you the game?
    Snikkety and Gramma like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Only if your alcohol tolerance is also maxxed.
    Gramma and Smallcorners like this.
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

How about thru the Door of the Watcher?
  4. Spindle Well-Known Member

No freaking way! I seriously cannot believe anything from your talent would be too weird for Norrath lol
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Hey ttobey, if you have a second or three, can y'all take a look at Hoo'Loh's Customized Furious Hat (\aITEM -837874928 -496999462:Hoo'Loh's Customized Furious Hat\/a)? On female High Elf models, the circlet is not correctly aligned with the head. The back of the wreath is embedded in the skull, and the front floats in front of the forehead further out than the end of her nose.

[IMG]
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's a covic or phatkins issue. I will let them know.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I found the door, no one was working...but there was beer ;)
    Spindle likes this.
  8. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Giggle, I see this thread is still around ;)
    ttobey likes this.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Dave says it's a 10 minute fix, he's working on it.
    Katz and Sigrdrifa like this.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

Free beer is the best beer followed closely by cold beer... but if the free beer is also cold beer then you've won the lottery!
    Kittybock and ttobey like this.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

How long is the fix for animated hats?
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

None of them animate, so no fix is required.
    Kittybock likes this.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Do I need to start a feature request thread?
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No your feature request quota is capped for the year.
    Snikkety likes this.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I requested Duckmounts 2 years ago though, so I have 2 left?

I said I'd get behind the next campaign, but nobody ever stepped up
  16. Covic Developer

Ok I checked out the circlet. It is best fitted as is. I am attaching a picture to show why. In the first pic you can see the circlet does not penetrate the head but has room for multiple hair styles. When making assets we try to accommodate as many options as possible so players can customize their character. The two hair styles on the bottom show that the size has to allow for the bigger hair styles. We usually decide on clipping from what we call a normal play camera or view. That is the camera with full character in view and view of the scenery or NPCs that need to be interacted with. I hope this helps with the understanding of how assets are created.

[IMG]

Dave
    Kittybock likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I am looking at this spiffy Erollisi cloak vs. my Halasian kilt in its tans and browns. The cloak won't go with the Sisterhood hood, but it meshes well with the normal New Halas fur-trimmed leather hood.

OBVIOUSLY I need a new kilt set, with a PLAID kilt, not one of them feathered monstrosities, in colors harmonious with the cloak.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Thanks for taking a look. It's a visit to the stylist for me, I guess!
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

To me more specific, some screenshots.

[IMG]

The Cloak of Love in all its glory is on the left. The Coldain's Winter Hood matches the leather at the top okay, I guess.

For now, I'm wearing (in the center):
    On the right is the same outfit, with the Clan McNaff Tunic (marketplace). The pinks and blues pick up the cloak colors very well, but the kilt from that set leaves much to be desired... it isn't plaid!

I played around with a tartan designer using colors from the cloak, so here's one possibility (probably needs a lot more of the blue, but I didn't have more time to fuss with it):

[IMG]
  20. Arieste Well-Known Member

I have a "look and feel" feature request and one that's already semi in-game.

Currently, if i am using a ranged weapon (spell weapon in my case) and have it set to "ranged auto-attack", if i were to crouch, then my character - instead of using ranged animations - displays her melee weapons and uses their animations to attack.

I would like an option to be added for us to display and use melee weapons even when ranged auto attacking (without having to crouch for it). Since this already works when crouched, i am sure it can be made to work while standing up.

One of the main reasons that i would like to see this added is because I play 2 winged races (Aerakyn and Fae) - neither of whom, after many years - can display a 2-handed weapon, bow, shield or even certain 1-handed weapons while being idle. By having this option, i would at least be able to show off my cool melee weapons while fighting - without having to give up my ability to auto-ranged as my class is designed for.

Please and thank you :)