Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Awww. I love that you're that excited about it! You are welcome to - NAY you are encouraged to go back to talking about time locked pvp progression server in those threads. You'll get no info about it here, mister! :) Tehehe!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Drew575 Active Member

ill answer your question if you answer mine :D
    Kaitheel likes this.
  3. Drew575 Active Member

can you let kander know that we all want a heads up :D pweeeeeezeeee and to answer your question , the answer is yes raise them by tier
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Cyliena Well-Known Member

If you intended this to be a quest that isn't very time-consuming, then the nameds are fine as is. The yard trash I can sneeze on to kill though (at level 90).

Other things from We Can Rebuild:
    • The possessed clockwork had no visible quest icon overhead when you need to speak with it
    • The Cask Strength Gnomish Spirits are marked as a Handcrafted item instead of Treasured, and has no rent status reduction
    • How mysterious! I can't wait to see the follow-up to this. :D
    I'll look at the new items and recipes tomorrow. :)
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Got some more changes headed to Test*:
    • "Cask Strength Gnomish Spirits" is now correctly marked as Treasured (not Handcrafted).
    • "The Cog Blocker" is now correctly marked as Treasured (not Handcrafted).
    • We Can Rebuild - The fighter, wizard, coercer, priest, bard and scout no longer respawn.
    • We Can Rebuild - An Adventurous Scout can now see everyone!
    • We Can Rebuild - Taskmasters & ore haulers are now easy solo.
    • We Can Rebuild - Fighter, wizard, and scout are now Advanced Solo.
    *Usual conditions apply.

~ Kaitheel
    Cyliena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FEATURE?: The preview for "Contrapticus Master Console" does not display the 4 gears upon it, nor the lightning rods, leading folks to think it is a rather plain console until placed.

BUG: Pocketed Boom Burble stays in inventory after completion of "Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica"
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Drat; I'd agreed with Cyliena on this one, that yellow-conned nameds were more than enough to be a sufficient challenge. :-/

Uwk
    who has more than 7 toons, even on Test ;->
    Cyliena likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Revisiting the titles-thing.

I'm assuming one title is from 50 reps of "Great Balls of Fire" - I've finished 40 and am waiting for the repetition cap to be raised to 50 with a Test patch.

If there is a second title (since the mention was plural) on the other endlessly repeatable, "Tinkerfest Cheer", it is above 25 runs (which requires zoning 100 times). There's a title at 5, a title at 10, so I was really hoping that the new one would be 25. So, before I make myself totally berserk testing it, my question is: "Should I be running this more time to find the title, or did I make an incorrect assumption?" :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Your assumption concerning "Great Balls of Fire" was accurate. It'll be fixed.

The other title is awarded after a certain number of completions of "If They Only Had a Brain." Mind you, this quest can only be repeated once per year. This is the 5th year that it is available. (hint, hint)

Don't drive yourself insane endlessly repeating "Tinkerfest Cheer." The results are just not worth it. The padded room is nothing like a bouncy house, and the young men in clean white coats leave something to be desired.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Aha! I may or may not have someone on Test that can verify the title. I'll check once I no longer feel like I have cogs leaking out of my ears.

And yeah, I already have my Hug-Me jacket. I don't need another visit from those nice young men ... ha ha ho ho hee hee, and they're coming to take me awayyyyy!
  11. Kaitheel Developer

HAHAHAHA! Yes! With trees and flowers and chirping birds!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

And basket weavers who sit and twiddle their thumbs and toes...

BTW, can we get Hug-Me jackets in-game?
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...would probably be one of those "Chest" pieces of Appearance stuff that completely takes over all the other slots (Legs, Shoulders, Hands, Feet, etc.). :-/

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG...just had an idea for a house... X-P

Perhaps if I do it, I'll dedicate it to you and Denmum, and put it on Test. :D

Uwk
    who will now look up all the various white clothing items...what crafter makes Mannequins, again? ;->
  15. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Ack, I didn't do that quest with any of my toons last year. Can someone who gets this title be kind enough to PM me what it is so I can toss it in the ZAM wiki? :)
    Katz and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd love to, but my Test characters can't get into game right now if they're in our guild hall; keep on getting weird new (to me) errors along the lines of there's no zone for it. :(

Specifically, if the character is already in game (from not having made the mistake of logging out in the guild hall) and I try to get in from there, I get a red message in chat: "That zone is currently unavailable." And yep, the rent's paid, coin and status, for the next 80 days or so. If I try to get into a guild hall character from LaunchPad, I'll get a longer error, reminiscent of the "Trying login server #1...giggle! Not really! :D" stuff:

"There is currently no server for character's zone; please try again in a few minutes."

Kaitheel, help! :-/

Uwk
    who's concerned that this is happening during a holiday weekend with bonuses to things at a time when we need to be Testing... :-/
  17. Test Taffies Active Member

Taffies is stuck in a house as well. Zone not available or existing, try again in a few minutes. Done that for a while now this morning. No such luck.

Another character, cannot get into the house but can log into the zone she is in. Halas.

I so want to play on the test server, it is becoming more and more my home as most of my guild mates on live no longer play.

I also do not want to have to start over some where else, its either spend real money to be 90 or start off as a noob and work for it all, all over again on another server and always feeling like I'm one expansion or ten levels behind. Nope I prefer the quiet life... but keep looking at the one super busy server and wonder whose there that I might know that may want a wee mouse or kitty.

Anyway, msut be off for a while I hope this is fixed soon.

Oh... almost forgot, no rewards for the thundering steppes Aether races. o_O
  18. Strings Well-Known Member

Maybe this is the update that broke everything? Is Daybreak aware that Test is borked? :(
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Possibly; do they care? Hopefully. :-/

Uwk
    who really hopes they didn't get the day off today... X-P

And see what becomes of raising the level of the important mobs, when they were just fine the way they were? ;->
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Kid, I've been from one side'a this [world] to the other..." --paraphrased from Han Solo, Star Wars IV: A New Hope

I've got 50+ alts on Gold (er, AllAccess) alone, and none of them were bought at 85 or 90. Every single last one of them did it the old fashioned way. ;-> But I totally agree with you about Test! I want to get back in and actually do something there! :(

Uwk