Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Tinkerfest is now active on Test!

Like clockwork, Tinkerfest has returned! Take up your favorite wrench in celebration of all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof! Adventures, rewards, buyables and crafted items await you, both new and familiar at Gnomeland Security, your headquarters for all things Tinkerfest, in Steamfont Mountains. While you're there, be sure to take a swig of Tinker Thermald's cask-strength gnomish spirits! It's sure to liven up the celebration!

New features for '15!
    • New quest
      • "We Can Rebuild" offered by Tinker Thermald in Gnomeland Security
    • Myron, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security has new things to sell
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 7.0
      • New house items!
      • New equipment and baubles!
      • New titles!
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Previous tinkering recipe books sold by Tarly, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security.
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 2.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 3.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 4.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 5.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 6.0
      • Master Tinkerer's Companion Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 2.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 3.0
    • Holiday achievements
      • Bits and Baubles
      • Full Metal Domicile
      • Famed Phosphorescence
      • Furiously Fast
      • Gnomachine Too Complicated
    • Holiday quests
      • “Tinker Bound History” - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica" - Repeatable, once per year
        • Added "Contrapticus Master Console" reward choice.
      • "The Reticent Tinkerer" - Not repeatable
      • "Tinkerfest Cheer" - Repeatable
      • "Great Balls of Fire" - Repeatable up to 40 times.
      • "The Legend of the Geargobbler" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Friendly Competition" - Repeatable, once per year
    • Aether races participating
      • Aether Racing: Great Divide
      • Aether Racing: Butcherblock
      • Aether Racing: Lavastorm
      • Aether Racing: Tenebrous Tangle
    This event content is currently set to run 07/17/2015 at 12:01 AM PDT time until 08/03/2015 at 11:59 PM PDT time on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.
    Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, and FYI...

The Thundering Steppes Aether Race has also been activated during this time on Test, but it is not a part of Tinkerfest on live servers. It is an occasional special event run on all other servers. Test had never had it run. Now you've got your chance to participate!

~ Kaitheel
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

All crafted recipes work as expected.

House items place as expected, but:

• Spinning Whirlygig (active) previews as black. It is actually a lovely shiny gold color when placed.
    • Tinkered Raft Engine default previews to the back of the item instead of the front.
    LOVE the portals. Sad they aren't crafted, but love love love them.

New quest was quick and easy ... and makes you go "Hmmmmmmm."

Edit: The Cask Strength Gnomish Spirits also preview oddly, but that is a known preview "feature" of that sort of glass
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The purchased "Clockwork Cowapult" shares a timer with the crafted "Clockwork Cow Catapult" (their effects are exactly the same)

The purchased "Celebratory Turkey ******" does NOT share a timer with the crafted "Tinkered Turkey Launcher", although their effects are also exactly the same.

I have to say that I am not keen on having these two vendor-sold items (even if they are only available for a limited period of time) compete with standard tinkerer recipes. #mytwocents
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Where might we find these new titles? There's nothing new in Tinkerfest achievements, there's nothing on the Tinkerfest vendors ...
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Both are titles available after completing particular repeatable quests a specific number of times. I'll give it another look to make sure it is all working as intended.

~ Kaitheel
  7. Kelvani Well-Known Member

As you included the commentary on the Aether race: thundering steppes being activated too I thought I would share what I am assuming is a bug with it?

Character Name: Elyana (test lvl 27 dirge)

Ran the race 4 or 5 times, with times varying from 127 seconds to 133 seconds. The only quest reward was coin. Do not have any of the flyers yet so based on the Zam post which I have copied and pasted I am assuming this is a bug:

"The reward from the quest is dependent upon what type of community team member activates the race! [1]
    The appropriate mount will be awarded for completing the course in at least 149 seconds or less. (confirmed to be received at 149 but not received at 152)"
    I have won a flyer before on live (green guide popped version) so I know it works =p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Mophia Active Member

Yeah, I had to petition to get my crash disk on test when it was being tested, and again on live the first time I ran it on live.

Just completed the TS race on Moredith in a time of 135, reward just coin, no disk.

Can you please put the disk on the race rewards?
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Got some bug fixes coming to Test, at some point in the near future:
    • The purchased "Clockwork Cowapult" no longer shares a timer with the crafted "Clockwork Cow Catapult".
    • "Clockwork Cowapult" and "Celebratory Turkey Tos.ser" have had their price increased by Myron.
    • “Great Balls of Fire” can now be repeated up to 50 times, as intended.
    I don't know when these changes will be on test, but they should be called out in update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

I was only asked to activate it, no one said anything about wanting rewards from it. Hehehe. No seriously, that's not cool. Sorry about that. I'm working on a solution that doesn't bork the race on other servers.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Still working through things. The new quest went off without a hitch. No other issues popping up at this time. Have not been able to check out the new items on the merchant yet....collecting those cogs :D. So far so good though.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

yes I too on high level toon found the new quest went without a hitch but have one question was the respawn of the Fighter intended?
  13. Mophia Active Member

I had the fighter, wizard, coercer and priest respawn while I was doing it. I had used a scroll of tracking, as I was getting a bit lost, so was able to see the repops. I had killed the fighter and wizard before I used my scroll of tracking, and they were up on the track straight away.
  14. Mophia Active Member

How about adding a fourth crash pad, perhaps a red one for developer activation of the TS race? Would that solve the problem?
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This was in an instance, where such things aren't supposed to re-pop? :-/

Uwk
    who hasn't Tested yet; so embarrassed to admit it... X-P going in now! :)
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, went in, noticed the re-pop, and knowing what I now know of the quest, yeah, there'd be no reason for them to re-pop, considering what they're there for. :-/

Although, I had Stealth/Invis capability, and I think the Rogue would've been the only one who could see through it (the Bard couldn't), so as long as I didn't run across that one again, I wasn't too worried. :) But any lowbee less than level 30 might have a difficult time of it, if they don't have the capability on their own. :-/

Uwk
  17. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Uwk- I ran that zone on a lvl 21 and a lvl 26ish. No problem with the repops. I cleared them easily. The zone scales nicely for low levels =D However I agree that it should not repop them once they got killed =p
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Good news, everyone! (No, really.)

I've made the following change, but I don't know when it will be promoted to the Test server. It should be listed in the update notes at that time.
    • "Aether Racing: Thundering Steppes" completion on Test now gives reward options when race is won.
    ~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

I'm making the fighter, wizard, coercer, priest and bard not respawn. There's no need for them to do that anyway.

While I'm doing that, do you think that they should be raised in tier?

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Drew575 like this.
  20. Drew575 Active Member

I think we should go back to talking about time locked pvp progression server :D Is the beta still set for July 7?