Server Downtime: Thurs, June 25 @ 7AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 7:00AM PDT* for an update. Estimated downtime is approximately one hour.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 9:00PM PDT* for an update. (Approx. 5:00AM London Time on June 26, 2015). Estimated downtime is one hour.

Alle deutschsprachigen Server werden um 6:00 CET am 26.06.2015 zwecks einer Serveraktualisierung heruntergefahren. Die vorgesehene Stillstandszeit wird etwa 1 Stunde(n) betragen.

Le serveur de langue française sera arrêté à 6:00 CET le 26-06-2015 pour une mise à jour du serveur. Le temps d'arrêt sera d'environ 1 heure.

*Time Zone Converter

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they're available.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums for news if additional downtime is needed.
    Beee likes this.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

Which update notes are you linking to?
  3. Ijeran New Member

I am just curious, I ask this question without any b*****ness, as I am no programmer or anything. Why does the game come down twice a week for an hour 2 days apart. Could the same be done in a two hour downtime once a week?
    SierraDawn and Armageddoux like this.
  4. Mogrim Well-Known Member

They mean that they'll be posted soon, in the update notes **section**.
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Often, new content/bug fixes enter Tuesday, and sometimes if there is an issue with the new content entered on Tuesday, it ends up being patched on Thursday.

We've had many weeks where there was only one patch. Multiple patches is more of an attempt to keep everything fresh and smooth.
    Feldon, Karsa, southpaw and 2 others like this.
  6. Armageddoux Active Member

7. Armageddoux Active Member

I am a programmer (an old one with a long experiment of this kind of situations) and I think these emergency updates should be only used for crash repairs, not for functionality repairs or minor upgrades. Installing an upgrade is always a source of potential problem. This issues could all wait until next Tuesday. Couldn't they ?
    SierraDawn likes this.
  8. Ijeran New Member

Thank you for the feedback :)
  9. Lenanu Member

And if one of the issues being fixed is an exploit? Those have GOT to be repaired ASAP to prevent them from being used. There was a time period where an exploit was occurring that took awhile to repair and it resulted in SEVERAL accounts getting banned. They even had a message on the launcher AND ingame to NOT use the exploit and ppl still did (those were the ones banned)
  10. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I have to say that only taking 2 hours out of a week does not bother me all that much even though it may occur when I'm up and ready to play, so I go read the forums. Really! people are complaining about 2 hours?! I'll gladly give those 2 hours for the games to be adjusted so it plays well with others. :p
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  11. Ludilly Member

I've been playing EQ2 since about launch. And I don't think I've ever made a post like this. But I wanted to say a big "Thank You" to the dev team for the most recent fabled content released and for your responsiveness to feedback. I'm assuming it is actually easier to upgrade and revamp old zones vs. creating new ones from scratch, but I enjoy these zones as much (or probably more) than new stuff. Many happy memories of doing these zones in the "old days", and of great friends met along the way. It's really fun to relive the fights and places in these zones. I really hope we can get more of these in the future; there have to be dozens to choose from. Now, if you can only get your marketing team to quit hyping things beyond reality (i.e., etherials)! But seriously, great job and thanks.