Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Amfish Active Member

omg omg omg omg is he making me a giraffe house pet? or fluff pet so i can have a mini giraffe following me around??? or a giraffe illusion!!!! so many giraffe possibilities that arent a mount!
    Snikkety likes this.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

So...umm...while nobody is paying attention... (looks over his shoulders)

Any chance we'll see Hobby Horses as mounts? Hobby Horses have a long standing tradition in Norrath and deserve to be re-introduced to the modern Norrathian. Mithanial Marr rode a magnificent Hobby Horse named Silver when he first appeared on Norrath (the elves didn't know why. It was a lovely chestnut brown). Totally malicious slander Some charming tales have recently surfaced of Tunare using a Hobby Horse as her current mount. Apparently her Hobby Horse can fly, doesn't have an animal head, looks more like a simple straight pole with some bristles at the tail end, and there is a pointy black hat and some worts involved but those details don't really matter.

The modern Hobby Horse might be slightly different than their ancient cousins. Instead of having naught but a simple flat wooden head the modern Hobby Horse might of evolved to be more of a full on puppet shoved onto the end of a magnificent riding pole. The traditional horse's head would be obviously popular. They could also come in a variety of species, ranging from Ryjukian Coursers to the Thundering Steppes Palomino. But going beyond the mere horse, the puppets could be anything. Care to mount a Hobby Dragon? Or dare I say...Hobby Ferret? Hobby Giraffe? Hobby D'Lere? Hobby Meatbeast? The possibilities are endless. (also the poles don't all need to be wood. Or brown. Paint works wonders)

More than just a historical recreation, these mounts are sure to be embraced by several holidays. Surely the followers of Sol Ro would be more than happy to help the followers of Mithanial Marr embrace those early days and have their own "Silver" for Bristlebane day. Maybe they aren't dedicated Sol Ro followers, but they would say they were and that counts, right? Even a special addition Hobby Jester for Bristlebane day in green and orange. Or a festive Hobby Cane for Frostfell? Maybe one of Tunare's more plain, bristly Hobby Headless Horse for the harvest festival...which happens to coincide with the Nights of the Dead? No those aren't Inny worshipers handing out brooms and really awful Tunare masks. Well, maybe not.

Remember proper riding etiquette. The left foot supports most of the body weight as the right foot is held in advance of the body. The right hand firmly grips the pole below where the head joins the pole. The left hand is held behind the body and curved above the head to help maintain balance. The rider moves at a "gallop" with tremendous speed. (or no speed increase at all. what?) Ladies are expected to ride in the same fashion as men, Hobby Horses are vary rarely made with side saddle in mind. Though the broom headless flying variety has been rumored to have been designed with side saddle in mind.
    Edelphia likes this.
  3. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

I really like the Ducks =) got three so far...

With the Lama mount... think of the possebilities...

a kind of standing around animation like the glider eating a frog. but only spitting and random other players in the vincity... =P
    Katz likes this.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

I would really like a pibe and animations for em , could be awesome if did right
    like giving a special buff depending on the pibe like blowing smoke to make varius symbols appears in the smoke
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

Fluffy bunnies and duck mounts... I get it. Some people prefer the whole cartoony fluffy candy cane crap. But what about us guys? We want MEAN, dragon breathing, child killing, fangs dripping in blood, gorey demon meets GI Joe stuff. Where's our mount at? We need more cool and less fluffy.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

We get the serious mount every expansion. Pterodactyl, Wyvern, Solkokar, gryphen. The "serious" mounts way out weigh the fluff. I'm not sure if you want to include the latest balloon with the fluff or serious crowd, but its cool looking. For fluff you've got...meatbest, duck, bunny and the squirrel. All of them are from the market place only. The market place already has a bunch of flaming and armored mounts of badassitude. If you want something new, well come up with an idea. If its as cool as riding an actual bear (or armored bear), it might happen.
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

So a powder pink flying pig (fluffy feather wings like a pegasus) for brewday is not cool as a llama pooping a rainbow....sigh I give up
  8. Amfish Active Member

Your thinking is all wrong, nothing is as cool as a llama, even a normal llama that has normal poops! Nothing beats them!

As for serious mounts, there is a spider, giant leaping spider which people have complained about because they are scared of spiders and its scaring them too much to play or what ever it was...
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

EQ2 is a flying game now. So if the mount is a ground mount (like the spider) nobody will pay for it. What, just pop it in the guild hall so you can look cool? Maybe I'll go AFK in Qeynos Harbor so this years new player to the Freeport server can see a cool mount. Ya.
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I like llamas but as a mount no thank you. They don't fly and sorry but a rainbow pooping one is extremely creepy (creepier than spiders or any other bug). I love a bunch of the ground mounts except I am not paying r/l money anymore for them cuz they don't fly. Now if they could come up with some tinkered wings that you can apply to ground and leaper mounts I would buy several mounts on marketplace. If they made a llama mount that pooped rainbows....I would turn off mounts from being displayed.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  11. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

LOL Exactly my thoughts too Ocarinah !
    Also i think Ttobey did a really good job on the ducks they look awesome and are really cute and all, but still i just cant imagine myself flying on one sorry :(
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Flying Llamas propelled by Rainbows... Use your imagination people!
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

There's no lama's planned. My mount schedules is set until after Christmas.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Wyverns, drakes, pteranodons, dark pegasus, skeletal pegasus, are all pretty mean and cool.
  15. Kelvmor Active Member

Elephant mount? You guys did rhinos pretty good back in Rise of Kunark. Alternatively, I had another idea for another type of ground mount--I realize it'd probably be a lot of work, but I was thinking like a sort of sticky-footed lizard (like the ones the drow use in Dungeons and Dragons) or giant insect--it would be a ground mount, but with the special ability to walk up and along walls and ceilings and such. Or maybe a pair of tinkered boots that lets the player do such--I guess sort of like how people with Super Speed in DCUniverse Online can run along/up walls and ceilings, but obviously nowhere near as fast.

Would something like that even be feasible, though?
    ZUES likes this.
  16. ZUES Well-Known Member

Ttobey you and the Team did a great job on all the mounts. Personally the one I've liked the most so far was the Drinal mount. It had a cool graphic and awesome visual effect when equipped. I think you were on the right track with that dragon type of mount. But man I'm talking about a mount that is the Guy's guys mount. Ya know? Mean, pissed off, it says "grrrrrr!" and turns children into insomniacs. Beast, fangs, maybe dragon?, kick azz manly mount that will bring out our inner demon. Lord of the Rings meets Underworld meets Chucky meets Predator. And ofcoarse it should come complete with an unmounted sparkly effect like the drinal mount. Perhaps red this time.

Just my opinion. :)

I like the superspeed idea. It would also be nice if we could use the fae flying quest reward as an appearance mount. It helps to have our raiders 1 inch tall.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Running up walls would probably get you to places designers don't want you to go. Not that that would matter in an overland zone where you can fly.
  18. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

If you imagine bats, eagles and owls that more the direction I am heading for awhile.
    Katz, Feldon and Feara like this.
  20. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Could you make any of them pink? My troub needs a matching mount. Like a flamingo ;)