"Secrets of the Sands" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Uwkete, if it's housing items you want, just get them on your berserker, the furniture is transferable.
  3. Zornar Member

I don't understand why invitations to this event are sent out to low level characters when the event is mainly in a level 47 zone and one quest in a level 62+ zone. I doubt it would be much fun to take my level 24 to Sinking Sands with so many level 47 hostiles about. The instance and quests spawn same-level enemies but the natives are the problem.

The quest to kill Djinn Dust Wisps is in a zone (Barren Sky) with 62-64 hostiles so doubt my level 24 could do that. I was able to do it on a level 47 character because it had a flying mount so could avoid the 60s mobs to get to the Djinn Dust Wisps. Maybe a level 24 could do it if the Djinn Dust Wisps were right next to the Ulteran Spire.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, true. :)

Still, thanks! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or more tightly clustered around the flight pad; the aggros rarely get that close. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Was there something in their dialogue (EDIT: when they were still in their respective cities) to that effect that I missed? I had to go to Wiki to find that step (largely 'cause it'd been too long ago since I'd read anything on the second page of this thread... :oops:).

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

That's a certainty otherwise any player that starts after the prelude event goes away won't have any method of getting it.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Uwk, you only need faction on one toon per server since the ITEMS are mostly fully transferable and I think the rest are heirloom so only 1 toon per server per account.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Because it's perfectly doable at low level if you pay attention to what you're doing. Most of the time you're in a non agro area and getting to the instance is trivial with a flying mount. Even without it's not that difficult as there's plenty of space to go around the mobs. I've been harvesting rocks along Orc Highway with level 20//30 toons for years.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And the cool thing nowadays is that there's lots of flying mounts around at far lower levels than before; even if you don't get all the perks yet of a given flyer, you can still fly way before 85-86 these days. ;->

Uwk
    who misses the 12-Year Anniversary Patchwork Lion mount, who used to be able to fly at 10th... :(
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  11. draidean Well-Known Member

This is what I do. For example, the merchants that open up upon the completion of adventure timelines. My SK/provie does the timeline then buys the furniture for my Templar/carp.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if it's not a recipe, I don't even care about who places the furniture, or even better buy yourself a Home Depot.

I did this quest line on a low-level toon on the test server, because I always want to know if it's doable,
    (I have several Low-level high-level crafters) and this event is saver than others I have tested.
  13. Zornar Member

My level 24 had a flying mount but then the level requirement for flying got changed to 30 so can't fly until I get another 6 levels.

Maybe I will try and see if I can ride to the instance on a ground mount. The harder part seems like it would be the quest to kill the Djinn Dust Wisps as there are a lot of level 62 to 64 hostiles to get through to get to them without a flying mount. I could kill a level 62 with my level 47 with his Merc but I would be surprised if level 24 plus Merc could kill level 62-64 mobs.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

I've always done it on ground mounts - just watch where you're going. And you shouldn't need to go amywhere near agro mobs to find dust wisps as they all appear to be in the vicinity of the cloud pads. Just use those to get around.
  15. Miragian Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the Djinn Dust Wisps scale with your level and they are not really anywhere near "hostile" mobs as long as you don't touch the fairies that are near them on Whisperwing island. Even if you do somehow have negative faction with them (which you don't start with), pretty sure if you stay to the left side you are still no where near them and able to get just wisps.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

I just ran this through to the cave entrance and back on a level 17 with a ground mount. No issues.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, I must be doing something wrong... :(

Went in with my Templar Formerly Known As 110, auto-mentored down to 100. Swept through everything in that first dungeon, even the bloody Ephemeral Guardian, like a firestorm :) Got overly enthusiastic/greedy with an hour or less left to go before the shutdown Tuesday morning, and jumped right back in the dungeon, not realizing (again, because I don't think it's mentioned in their city dialogue, and I'd not seen Denmum's hint on the 2nd page here 'til too late ;->) that I had to get the next quest from the Aerakyn in the Sinking Sands. Got the 12 Scrolls, but there were only two orcs left to kill; I'd gone back in before the hour and a half reset, I guess.

So, went back in Tuesday night. Still no re-populated Orcs or Giant Tick Queen (glck), fortunately/unfortunately. Deleted the quest, thinking I'd make up the Scrolls pretty quickly once I went back in. :-/

Was half-right; the Scrolls were easy, but the mobs hadn't repopped. Am I gonna have to wait the next two days plus for them to come back? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Zornar in order to get to these wisps all you have to do is use the wizard spire to go to Baren sky, ride down the hill and your right there in a low-level friendly area.
  19. Tkia Well-Known Member

Did you alt-z and reset the instance ?
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Apparently not; I've never been in a situation like this before, even when running with my old group. How does one reset the instance?

Uwk
    just a casual player ;->
    Breanna likes this.