No Fix Planned This account is in use... + /camp <character select> not working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Test Taffies, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breanna Well-Known Member

I am on a U.S. server yes. Some days it gets pretty old, like on the mornings I'm trying to run through everyone real quick to get harvest before I go to work, then that message pops up and I just want to smack it LOL
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Ratalthor Developer

Are you using any custom UIs?
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Using DarqUI myself. But I've been using it for years. This problem has come up with the BoL xpac launch. I never saw it in the past.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I use Darq ui as well at home, but on my shop computer I just use the standard no custom ui's and it happens there also.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I use DarqUI, and Darq helped me troubleshoot. Nothing in DarqUI is causing the /camp issue.
  6. Karamella Well-Known Member

It is strange to see the different forms of log-in errors. Some of them exist for years without ever really being solved. While searching for a solution to my problem I found several threads that all dealt with the same topic. But a solution, a walkthrough never existed. Everything was more or less about DirectX9c under Windows 10, but installing DX9c does not always seem to help. A black window for a few seconds, then desktop again, that was it. Not even an error message.
    When will there finally be a solution for the log-in problem.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I'm using EQ2map and custom pieces from Drum and myself, so no special UI on my end.
  8. Alarra Well-Known Member

I am using Darqui, but the issue was also observed with Profit UI.
  9. Alarra Well-Known Member

I can try to reproduce it with the default UI if you want. Give you a "Vanilla" Experience.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

I use vanilla. The issue occurs more often if you're rotating through more than one camp in a short period of time, like if you're picking up guide quests on multiple toons.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

What Carynn said. There's something about rotating through a number of alts quickly that causes this problem. It's not an issue with custom UI because I know guildies who don't use custom UIs experiencing the same problems.
  12. Ratalthor Developer

How much time are you spending between /camps?
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's fairly quick, like two minutes or so (checking OSers/turning over training) and sometimes I can be on a toon for a while and need to camp to another one and boom, login error. It's really odd
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea anywhere from probably 1 minute to 5 minutes. But the time doesn't seem to matter I spend the longest time on the toons working on overseers and it happens even then.
  15. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this internally or on a live environment yet. We'll keep an eye out for it, but if anybody has any additionally repro steps, please post them here. Thanks!
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

I get it when I crash, but that might be a different issue. I have to quit the game and log back in. Once I'm in I have to camp that toon or else I get the "you are too busy to loot that" problem.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

Steps to reproduce it -

1. Have at least ten toons on your account.
    2. Park them at the spire in Moors of Ykesha on a live server or at the spire in Teren's Grasp.
    3. Wait until the guide quest giver shows up (you can request one to come). There will be a crowd of people.
    4. /Camp to each of your toons one right after the other to pick up the quest. This is primarily when it happens. It may be because of the fast camp rotation, or it could be because of the crowd of people.

The other times it happens is more random, but usually when fast rotating through multiple toons. But with the above, it has happened to me every single time.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmm... I volunteer on a web host.

A few years ago we had a problem that the owner couldn't see.

One of the others asked if his computer was inside the system, ours were/are not.

The suggestion was to log into that web host from 'outside'. He then saw the same error as we did.

I have no idea if this will work for seeing this problem or not. Just making a suggestion.
    Amybelle, Soara2, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

Today, at 1:11 PM CST - camped from Roshaun to Okia, while standing in the CL area near the PQ, and have an This account is in use. Haven't camped to anyone else recently. This is one of those random ones that hit us often.
  20. Aaak New Member

yup this happens to me alot of times(about 75% of the time) when i do "/camp name" it starts to switch then i get the "account in use" message. very annoying
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.