New tradeskill adornments...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by lalluna, Aug 8, 2018.

1. lalluna Member

New tradeskill adornments makes no sense because you can't put them on level 60 and 95 tradeskill/harvesting gear....Or am I missing something? Does anybody have level 110 crafting gear?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do you go naked while harvesting except for harvesting gear? Just get a piece of gear it will go on that doesn't occupy the slots your harvesting gear uses.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can't even put it in handcrafted or mastercrafted gear.. since neither of those are lvl 110 either :(
    I wish they'd consider lowering the lvl of the TS adorns to lvl 105 or 108 while they're figuring out how to make adorns pay attention to TS rather then adventure lvls. It seems, to me, a good compromise for the interim.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Lasai Well-Known Member

Doesn't this fly in the face of the oft repeated fable that all "True Crafters" are low level adventure, aggro dodging ninja? By this false premise, no "true crafter" will have any gear high enough to adorn with these as things stand now. Hilarious.

BTW Tradeskilling =/= Harvesting. Never has. Aggro dodge harvesting ability should have NEVER been a factor in designing TS quests or rewards. But do carry on.
    Crastinal, Argosunited and Rhodris like this.
  5. Gerak Well-Known Member

What new Tradeskill adornments are you talking about?
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

/golf clap. Bravo! Thank you for doing a fine job of providing an example of the "No True Scotsman" logical fallacy.

Meanwhile, I've directed the question to the devs, we'll have to see if they answer.
    Momo likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The new Guk TS instance has shinies for a collection, The Nails that Built Guk. The collection gives you a recipe book for the adorns. The collection bits and the adorns are all "nails" of various materials.
  8. Lasai Well-Known Member

Not my assertion, merely pointing it out. You'll see it in nearly every TS quest walkthrough that asserts "of course, as Crafters we are used to avoiding aggro from harvesting at low levels" (something you often repeat).

It is a stupid, outmoded, false assumption that needs plowed under and the earth salted afterwards. I'd love to see a Dev address this using common sense instead of nostalgia for AB naked level 6 Crafting "elites" and the false assumption that aggro dodging is inherently a part of crafting.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's your opinion. I disagree with you.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

To get this back on track, the adorns are "supposed" to be for level 110 crafters. Unfortunately, the underlying adorn system only knows how to check for adventuring level. They have said they are working on the issue, and that the current problem of needing level 110 adventuring gear is temporary. (I warned folks in the walkthrough I put up on June 30 about the issue, but have been slow to spread the word elsewhere due to the mess our hosting provider made of both our websites.)
    Blazen, Crastinal, semisus and 2 others like this.
  11. Lasai Well-Known Member

Shrug. The fact remains that a huge majority of crafting timelines in this game do NOT force Red Aggro dodging and those few that do require instancing and special mechanics to cater to an archaic viewpoint of red aggro harvesting = "crafting".

Tot Censer and AoM mark of the far seas are two very nice items from lines that ignored the Forced aggro dodge mechanic and allowed the open world to be a part of the picture, and choosing to be low level and dodging aggro was a choice, not one rammed down your throat.

Have a good day. I have to remember that I'm not welcome here.
    Lateana likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

There was a dedicated tradeskill developer then. Now they have raid devs making 'tradeskill' content. It shows.

In all fairness, however, the lvl 80 'tradeskill epic' aka the harvesting earring, required tradeskillers to dodge red mobs that would one-shot them. It did exist in the past, but it has definitely been more of a 'theme' this expac.
    Crastinal, Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

ALMOST FIXED! Tomorrow's patch notes contains the following:

Praisead, lalluna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  14. gixxstiality New Member

how rare is this last shiney… Ive done this zone a lot and still haven't gotten the no trade shiny yet..
  15. Thand Well-Known Member

Most of the Old trade skill gear such as Shawl and Far seas stuff does not have White slots for the new adorns anyways
  16. Praisead New Member

I kind of enjoy the change from say making 50 of this and 50 of that and that is all. I do wish it called for less harvestables though. I'm stingy with my harvest :)
    Kuulei likes this.
  17. Cragfire Well-Known Member

This is interesting..
    Coupled with..

Nail of Experience: +10% Tradeskill XP.

We were at level 100 for years and I kind of imagine we will be at 110 for years to come (given the pattern); or is the combination of the above a hint we are getting another level increase in November? :D
  18. Lasai Well-Known Member

Evidence of the decision to limit the adorns to 110 TS not making any sense, more likely.
  19. semisus Does not play this game

Would be nice if they added white adornements on stuff like shawl , also there are slots free where we cant put into? like theres none for ear? secondary?
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As with anything that is tied to the RNG, luck counts, including bad luck. Some folks got it right away, others had to do quite a few runs. :(