Mystery email

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by jaf66, Nov 9, 2016.

1. jaf66 New Member

On Monday I received an email from Daybreak Marketing. All it asks for is a shipping address to send me something. All the links and email addresses appear to be legitimate and providing an address on its own is not exactly going to be bad security wise. However, can anyone at Daybreak confirm that such emails went out, before I reply?

Thanks
  2. Evilnok Active Member

sounds like a scam,I would delete it and not even click on anything in the email...because last I checked,DBG never asks for your mailing address
    Dude, jaf66 and Prissetta like this.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

If you have a credit card on file, they already have your mailing address...
    Dude likes this.
  4. jaf66 New Member

True. I was spending more time digging into the mail header and validating links than thinking of the obvious.

Thanks for the useful hint.
    Prissetta and Dude like this.
  5. Roshen Well-Known Member

This is a legit email, coming from one of our employee's work email accounts.

Roxanne is part of our marketing team, and she's been reaching out to a very small group of EQ & EQ2 players. ^_^
    Maripop, Prissetta and Roxxly like this.
  6. Nero Active Member

And we've all officially curious now.....
    Dude and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  7. jaf66 New Member

Thanks for the confirmation. Have to be very careful these days.
    santargria and Prissetta like this.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Made me log in and check my never-used gaming email address for mystery messages. :D
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Now I wish I'd gotten one! :cool:
  10. Nero Active Member

Must be part of the "hidden questline" they mentioned during the KA stream.... Quest starter is a random DBC CS person.... GL folks!
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. jaf66 New Member

Package has arrived. Thanks. Very tasty, literally.
    Prissetta and Adevil like this.