Randomly Dropping Out of Game

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mermut, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've been getting lots of totally random drops recently...
    Running across a zone, crafting, fighting a mob and BAM desktop.. no warning, no lag spikes, no error message... just desktop..

These aren't 'zones to desktop'.. I haven't been having any of those...
  2. CrystalStar Member

This is been happening for a while....it's only getting really really bad lately where it happens almost every time you zone.
  3. Dolphinsgal Active Member

I know before the last week I was having this issue every day almost. (Not in the last week because I haven't been able to play) Some have said it's linked to using the /browser command, they get kicked in about an hour after using it. Sometimes mine is sometimes not so I'm not sure what the cause is. I'm guessing that since many people are having the issue it's not totally on our end. You're not alone.
  4. Ritten Member

I never use the in game browser and I also experience theze sudden game drops.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

I've had it happen after I've been logged in for a good while. The game just closes without warning.
    Mermut likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

This is not the 'zone to desktop' that happens while zoning. This is entirely random drops to desktop, unrelated to zoning.
    I never use the in-game browser.
  7. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

I too have had the game randomly crash on me, I don't use the ingame browser either. The last time, I had just turned my chr, to harvest a node, and poof, there I went... At least when I logged back in, I didn't have any problems.
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I have no crashes, the game runs smoothly, so probably something is not good on your side.
    Check if your video drivers are up-to-date, if your Windows update is running as intended, if your Internet connection is stable.
    How can you see if your Internet connection is stable? I'm not sure. I think you might need some special tools for that.

I have a WiFi connection (no cable) between my PC and Internet router. Several months ago I started to experience strange problems with my Internet connection. That was an interesting case. At that time I had a palm-tree in a big pot between my PC and the router. And that was my problem. As soon as I moved this pot a bit aside, my Internet connection was restored to normal.
    Prissetta likes this.