Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Hail Norrathians,

Now that server merges are complete, we want to give you the option to move your characters to a server where you can play with your friends. Starting on at 10AM PST* on Thursday, December 3, and running until around 12PM PST* (noon) on Thursday, December 10, 2015, players will have the option for one FREE server transfer for each of their characters, between the following servers:
    • Antonia Bayle
    • Halls of Fate
    • Maj’Dul
    • Skyfire

Where are the AB tokens? Players have gone through a lot to prepare their toons for Xfers. I know people that have sold their guilds to incoming Xfers, because they can't take their guild with them.

If AB was to be a one way to ONLY move TO it not FROM it, that should have been made clear from the beginning. You got a mess on your hands on AB if no tokens are given.

Where are the AB Tokens?
    Xillean and Gulaep like this.
  2. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

3. Pringlez Member

there is about to be a full on riot on AB unless this gets straightened out fast and AB gets their tokens.
  4. Yaroslav New Member

Question, I'm not currently a member so therefore I don't get the transfer tokens. I used to be a member. Can I go out and buy a membership card, become a member, then transfer?
  5. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Yeah I am without a doubt entirely disappointed that my Antonia Bayle characters have not received their tokens. It was specifically stated Antonia Bayle was included in the transfer process. If it was NOT Daybreak's intent to let people leave Antonia Bayle via the free transfer tokens they should have specifically said so! :mad:

Twice now Daybreak has let us down regarding this transfer business. First they said EVERYONE who was affected by the recent merges would be given the option for a free transfer, then they reneged and said only those whom are All Access will be given free transfers. NOW we have characters on Antonia Bayle who are All Access mind you, who have not been given the tokens.

I'm not a lawyer and I am not making any sort of threat but isn't it lawyer legalese that says when a "contract" stipulation or something like that is vague then the benefit of the doubt is given to the party who did not draft the contract? (meaning us players)? Hmmm?

Bah. You break my heart Daybreak. :( I will hold on to my sliver of hope and give you a few more days before I shed a tear and speak any ill-will.

Mark

EDIT: Because of all this back and forth carrot and stick stuff I now have something else I'd like a response too. Assuming Antonia Bayle characters who are All Access eventually get a token, will Silver accounts who use a Krono between December 3 and December 10 thus making themselves a "member' - will a token pop into their mailbox too? I would like to know before I spend said Krono.
    Xillean likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got my tokens at least on one of my accounts , OWE :( I feel so sad for this one kid I would have said buy a membership for a month when they announced it has to be a full access account but to say it has to be and account that was that way for 30 days is more than unfair
    on another note I made 2 sets of toons on Nagafen because I just could not make up my mind what side to play on ( I am shure there are plenty other people like me ) it is sooo hard to figure out the toons I move
    I wished so much you could just move from server to server at free will like on other games even games held by Daybreak.
    Rose likes this.
  7. Pebbelzz New Member

Exactly. Honestly it's to the point that I guess we shouldn't even worry about getting conformations on stuff from devs. Just experiment and people post their results, that way we know what actually happens.

The execs at Daybreak really need to take some Business Ethics 101 and How to Provide Customer Service classes because they're severely lacking in both departments.
    Prissetta and Rose like this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I just thought of something as I was preparing a transfer. The character I am transferring is entitled to a free rename because of the mergers; if I move him to a new server (as is my intent), does he still get that free rename? Or do I have to rename him before I move him?

I'd rather wait until he transfers because, while his name got lost from the merger, there is no one by his original name on the server to which I am transferring.

Does anyone know the answer to this? Or can someone at DB give me an answer, please?

Thanks!
  9. Strings Well-Known Member

People in AB general chat are advocating flooding the petition system because they haven't gotten their tokens. Please do not do that some people have real petitions that need attention.
    Lodrelhai and Spindle like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Pringlez if you want hard try the time locked servers there a lot of the normal mobs are heroic and some of the bosses that are heroic on the regular servers are epic x2 to 4
  11. Pringlez Member

don't worry I already filed 76 petitions across my 41 accounts
    Gulaep likes this.
  12. Pringlez Member

I've been playing since I was in Malice on Grobb, I know what hard is but thank you.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

The membership doesn't have to be in place for 30 days, just the account. Unfortunately, from some of the posts it would appear that a player might have needed to be All Access to even receive the token this morning.
  14. dorotea Well-Known Member

>I'm not a lawyer and I am not making any sort of threat but isn't it lawyer legalese that says when a "contract" stipulation or something like that is vague then the benefit of the doubt is given to the party who did not draft the contract? (meaning us players)? Hmmm?<

The Latin term, and forgive me if I'm misspelling it, is contra proferentum. If a contract isn't clear it is, other things being equal, construed in the manner most favorable to the party that did NOT draft it. Of course posts on these forums aren't contracts.

Such a rule of construction is not needed here - it seem reasonably clear that the original announcements included all characters moved whether subscribers or not. It is totally clear beyond any possible doubt that all announcements have included players on AB.

Silence from the developers on the former point is not a good thing. I wouldn't get too upset yet if I were on AB since it is only 45 minutes late as of typing this, but if they say AB is destination only I would get somewhat steamed (I'm not on AB and have no horse in this race).
    Rose likes this.
  15. Kristabella Well-Known Member

On page 5 this was specifically addressed, about the AB getting tokens to move OFF the server, to one of the merged servers. Here was the reply by Roshen Community Relations:

Xillean said:
    “I didn't see it addressed yet but could you pretty please confirm that those of us on AB will in fact be able to leave and go where we choose? It sounds like it but I would love a confirmation that this isn't just limited to the 3 new servers and that those on AB will also be getting the tokens.”
    Confirmed.

As stated in the original post

Roshen said:
    “players will have the option for one FREE server transfer for each of their characters, between the following servers:

• Antonia Bayle
    • Halls of Fate
    • Maj’Dul
    • Skyfire

@Roshen
    EverQuest 2 Community Manager

Like EverQuest II on Facebook
    Follow EverQuest II on Twitter
    www.everquest2.com

Need additional help? Contact our Support Team
    Juraiya likes this.
  16. Szepra New Member

Adding to the chorus of AB tokens...
  17. Strings Well-Known Member

I am on AB and I just got my mail with my token in it.
    Spindle likes this.
  18. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I went ahead and sent a Tweet from my seldom used Twitter account opened for purposes such as this.

".@DaybreakGames .@DaybreakHelp When R AllAccess players on Antonia B. going to get their free transfer tokens? U said 2x in forums we would."

Notice the period punctuation at start of tweet so it is publicly displayed and not in private. I mention this for those who are not familiar with tweets.

https://twitter.com/Excel_GamerGuy/status/672488192042360837

EDIT: String replied above before me writing this that he got his token on AB. I am in game now on Gulaep on AB and still haven't received. Again in an earlier post I said I was willing to wait a few days. I am not impatient, just concerned.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I MISS SONY :(:(:(
    Rose likes this.
  20. Yaroslav New Member

So I can buy a membership for one month and get the transfer???!?!! :D