Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ (June 16)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Ecno Well-Known Member

mad cause bad? :eek:
  2. Almost Member

"Test"
  3. laffinstock New Member

The wife and I are thinking about coming back to EQ2 after hearing about the TLE servers. I understand that we will need to sub to play the TLE servers upon launch, but does anyone know if we will need to have a subscription to play on the beta server?
  4. Almost Member

Yes Laffinstock you do need a sub for the Beta.
  5. Coffeene New Member

Yes, you will.
  6. Calbiyum Active Member

Idk why they are mad maybe they are jerks

Exactly.
  7. Calbiyum Active Member

8. Nagoo New Member

wow, a lot of people there who are writing in "shout" chat are .... how do I put this delicately ... annoying as hell, at least on pvp server (evil side).
    Siren likes this.
  9. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

This isn't a launch.
  10. G.Black Active Member

Dit they post something about server features?
  11. Lord_Delita Member

Current beta server features are:
    nothing classic
    everything the same as live, except you can't leave the shattered lands or have mercenaries

lots of things need to be changed for me to even considering giving this a shot. i guess i made the mistake of assuming since it was TLE they would try to go for a more classic game approach, or maybe i just got all hyped up about it from talking with everyone in this thread about how great the game *used* to be.

if they keep it mirrored to live and just "lock" some features out, i definitely have zero interest in playing. will wait for a project 2004 type emulator (maybe itll happen someday).

anyway, if they are planning on making loads of changes i don't see how they will keep their current planned timeline of launching it this month.
    Elrohir likes this.
  12. Adenis New Member

Im a bit dissapointed that you can start in neriak or in halas
    Siren likes this.
  13. Aquaskaientos Member

Why evil side players can't enter Frostfang sea, but good ones can enter DLW? I missed something?
  14. Evan Wheaton New Member

Epic night of pvp on the TLE server :)
  15. Mondego Active Member

Full Version Patch notes for TLE server:
    removed a bunch of things
    Since AA's and mercs were removed, you'll probably have to group for some things

Sincerely,
    DBG

It's literally the same experience you can get on live just by choosing not to use certain features.
  16. Nicodemius Member

Any word on how long Beta will last??
  17. Nagoo New Member

Can't get on the server...
    I joined the queue half an hour ago and back then it said "33 minutes remaining" ....
    and now I'm at 52 minutes remaining.
  18. Elrohir New Member

I really hope they can find a way to offer more classic content. Extend the Beta if necessary. As it stands now I'm not interested. I'll keep an eye on it though.
  19. Iadien Active Member

All we know is that they are aiming for end of the month.

I wish they would just take the time that is needed and get it right. They're charging us to test the game, may as well give it the time it needs.
  20. Xiao Member

QUEUE-LOCKED BETA PVP SERVER NOW OPEN FLAME ON!