Nights of the Dead 2014 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Extemper, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Not sure if it's intended but the achievement count only goes up for the first of any item you get from a pumpkin. So if your first harvest is a Eye of Newt and your second is also Eye of Newt, you get one added to the achievement count.
    Also the achievement names for 1 and 50 and 250 are the same name.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mophia like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Small Autumnal Blueleaf Sapling has gold leaves
    Autumnal Goldleaf Sapling has blue leaves.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Great Haunt Collection Rewards. BUG:
    There are already a buyable "Chipped Tombstone" and "Engraved Headstone" ... Having the quest reward ones have the same names, and the same examine info (no special text saying they can be customized) is going to cause no end of confusion. There's no way to tell them apart unless you do creative cut and pasting to find out the item numbers.

This is something we could/should have caught on Test ... if we'd known about this achievement in advance. It was patched in with no patch notes, no warning that it was coming, and as a result, a few hours before the patch (which is likely already built) goes live in the morning, we're finding and reporting bugs. Which makes me sort of sad. :(
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I can't edit my earlier "grumbly halfling with a cold post", so here's a more proper wording of the above:

I'd like to make a heartfelt request that testers be made aware of (by post or what have you) late-breaking additions to event testing, and how to get started on testing them. The Pumpkin Pulper looks like it could be really fun once the bugs are sorted out, and we really wish we'd figured it out sooner, so that it could get proper testing, with enough turnaround time for bug fixes.

I know you folks are swamped with everything that's going on at once right now on the EQ2 front, and we testers really try to due diligence. Sometimes that's hard to do with the detective work needed, since Test patch notes are the exception, rather than the norm. :D
  5. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Not much relief, but a minor correction at least - Nights of the Dead isn't active on Live until Thursday. Tomorrow morning is AoM Beta.

That said, this most DEFINITELY should've been in test notes. We want to help, please let us!
  6. Cinnamon Active Member

If already hasn't been considered, how house actors that can changed to NotD creatures such as a werewolf, vampires, ghosts, various zombies and various skeletons? Don't have to do anything more special then regular ones really. sooner weather then later would be nice though.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I could see it maybe working for the kind of "costume" illusions we can get from eating strange candy, or buying strange outfits with strange numbers of charges to them, i.e., anything we might be able to "give" our actors, if only they had mouths to chew with. Hmm! Maybe the costumes we can get from the vendors could be placed on the Actors? :)

Uwk
    Mophia likes this.
  8. Calthine Well-Known Member

Test patch... the Pumpkin Bomb has an icon, and the Pumpkin Pulper achievement has icon and count slider. someone come bomb me.
  9. Irish Active Member

There is one pumpkin pulper achievement with no counter. 50 and 250 give no reward. 500 gives Pumpkin King title. The final one which is a 1000 gives no reward, that seems wrong.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aye, pointless. Sounds like something tacked on at the last minute? :-/

Uwk
  11. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I know this is on live now, but... got the achievement for 500 pumpkins, checked my journal, and the count for 1000 said 469/1000 - what happened to the other 31?
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds like they didn't finish bug-squashing. :-/

Uwk
  13. Caith Developer

Before this went live we identified an issue that prevents the achievement from incrementing by looting a stackable item, when you already have one of those items in your inventory. Since the code to fix that needs to be thoroughly tested, we added a script increment as well, which means you are getting double increments for some of your smashing.

The issue you are seeing is the two increments not transitioning between the tiers smoothly, because you had 31 pumpkin pulps that were doubled. Doubled increments are only counted on the active tier of the achievement.
  14. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Survive the Night quest completion from earlier years does not count as done now. Not a big deal for the achievement, as I finished it on most of my main characters long ago. BUT, it means my lowby gals have to do it again to be able to do the new quest.

I died too many times from Dolly with those low levels, and DO NOT want to do Survive the Night again with them! So am locked out of doing the new and very interesting quest. :(

Please, can you fix it so the quest giver will give the followup quest with the ghosts to characters that did finish Survive the Night earlier than this year?

Dolly is insanely hard for low levels and ridiculously easy for high levels. The quest should scale better for all levels.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely amen. I only did it with 2 of my numerous characters before giving up in disgust and focusing on everything else. :-/

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Guess what; this is STILL HAPPENING, long after NotD is over. PLEASE SQUASH THIS BUG! :mad:

Uwk
    who only gets the enlargement/werewolf once when I log in (doesn't matter where I am), but has counted literally DOZENS of repeats of the script, over and over and over and over and over again, cluttering up the screen and worrying me about infinite loops (and yep, I've responded to a thread on this on the General Tech Support forums; I'm tempted to open a petition ticket)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOOOT! This bug was primarily occurring with my alts on Everfrost, which was yanked down unceremoniously last night/early this morning, but it's back up again and running, and as far as I can tell, werewolf-bug-free! Thanks so much, Bug Squashers! May your swatters be forever, um...bug-guts covered? Shiny? Strong? Okay, that's a good one, strong! Held aloft with pride! :D

Uwk
    Nolus likes this.
  18. Zookeeper Active Member

The item that I miss most is the Tricky Toad, which online states that it was mailed out as part of the promo e-mail announcing NotD events.
    This past year, on new characters, I did not receive one in mail, nor could I find a quest that resulted in a reward of a Tricky Toad.

If you haven't seen one, it is a slippery-looking blue toad, which croaks (great for that pond in your room), and when clicked on, it changes your appearance.
    You cycle slowly through a series of liches, skeletons, jewelled bats, salamanders and other creatures.
    A centipede or jewelled bat riding my skeletal mount is frankly...AWEsome! (to me, anyway).

No, it doesn't take much to entertain me. Give me a piece of 14" string or a handful of rocks, and I'll be entertained for
    quite a while. Give me both, and you'll be pest-free for Hours.
    But...I would like the Tricky Toad back...as either the promo-in-mail for the NotD announcment, or as an item that can be quested.
    My new characters were all thinking of just heading out to the cemetery and giving it all up...no Tricky Toad to keep them company.../sniffle..sniffle.....
    Please bring it back.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heck, even on the Loyalty Merchant would be cool! ;->

Uwk
    who's reminded of the description of a friend's fictional character: "delicate, cheerful, and could be easily entertained by a piece of string." :D
  20. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I love that toad! I have a couple... somewhere... o.0 /starts digging through hoards of furniture
    I just love the lil croak/squeaky noise they make when they stick out their tongue and cast the spell.
    I wonder though... did some parent or negative nelly associate that illusion spell with hallucinating after licking a toad, and threaten to sue? o.0 There's always someone looking for something to sue about, even if they have to stretch things quite a bit. :\ (Anyone hear about the guy with solar panels that took his neighbor to court because their old trees were casting shadows on the solar panels? /sigh)