Fabled Deathtoll

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ElectricPotato, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avithax Well-Known Member

Called it!

And RIP Equilibrium, Quoting Buffrat, "18 hour lockouts during summertime best idea ww"
  2. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Everyone and their mothers will be running this place from now on anyway, since you get the best loot out of the entire game here, except for Charms/Cloaks/Belts/Weapons. No point in doing any Wing 1, 2 or 3 anymore.
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

The mechanics around the loot in this zone are simply ********.

The items crafted should be tradeable. To expect them to be consigned, and the owner to have to experiment them themselves is rather silly for many reasons.

You really missed the boat on the loot mechanism making the crafted items hierloom.

I'm supposed to spend dkp for the items to salvage and the recipe? That hardly seems like a good idea for a raidforce given many salvaged items will end up on players that will never utilize them.

Compound this with, is the item really worth it if the player bidding knows they aren't a competent experimenter. Makes the zone polarizing since there is 1) No immediate reward for killing raid mobs 2) The quality of the rewards are not deemed the same depending on if the person a) crafts and b) is a confident experimenter

Not exactly a strong 'sell' with my ~110 raiders.
    Wirewhisker, Daalilama and Mermut like this.
  4. ElectricPotato Active Member

15-20 salvaged bits per item from what I've seen, so if you had the same 24 people each time, 2 salvaged items would be credit for 1.5 shards per person aproximately..... credit for 2.6k would be 1,733 salvages for the raid. (24 kills of the boss that drops the right pattern assumed) Hard to say anything until we get a feel for the average number of salvages per section of the zone.

Raid ended up with a little over 100 shards upto fitz, figuring 30peoplish on the roster, we could each hold 3 shards towards what item we wanted. do it again to 24 times total, we'd hit 72 shards each with that number. This is interesting, and the reward can be focused towards one stratum of the raidforce, or bench depth, but if was like seals of a'rad that each person got, it would seem more even and fair (raidleader can't loot all salvage, recipes, and then boot you, say in a pickup).
  5. ElectricPotato Active Member

I like the 18 hour timer, you could set a time each day, and wander over, kinda like a PQ. =)
    The content in fdoll is scaled a bit high for that particular goal, but its a fresh zone, players may get beefy enough to handle it.

If the shards were handed automatically 1/person on a crate loot, I'd feel better. Then maybe if you had killed the first boss, you could unlock a trade vendor @15 or so in for a piece of dessicated armor, if thats what you wanted, or save up one of the recipe prizes.

It would be nice if the crafting recipes were gained by some sort of crafting mission/quest system, but realistically, the amount of developement focus that would take would not be viable.

What are we as players looking for in short lockout zones?
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Additionally, the armor, at least, seems to be balanced around the expectation that it WILL be experimented on 5 times. So if you aren't an accomplished experimenter yourself, there is no point to getting that armor at all.
  7. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Atleast the guys 24 boxxing their own raids will be happy.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, since they have the experimentation bots to go with it. Maybe SoE is trying to up the bot sales so more people buy crafting bots?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

If you're not good at experimenting, don't experiment it. You lose 2 cb/pot. Gratz.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Darkon Well-Known Member

Atan. Raid leader loots all shards. Bid out the recipes you have the shards to make. Much better system.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. scousetroub Active Member

Exactly how we also do it,

Recipe book = loot,so DKP or w/e system you use
    Shards = Guild bank for all to use (once they have recipe book)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  12. Avithax Well-Known Member

Someone please explain this to Ucala, he thinks he has a better system.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  13. Glassjaw Active Member

High currency costs seems to be a growing trend. A good example being 2500 etyma for a sparkling gem. Yes, this items in Deathtoll are best in slot but it's not only the high currency cost it's the ridiculous amount of time anyone would have to spend doing a zone over, and over and over... The worst of it is that it feels like you are doing the zone for nothing because nothing drops in the chest. Aside from defeating any given encounter one of the best parts of raiding is hoping that the one item you have been waiting for shows up in that loot window when the name dies. Now we get crafting components...

There is a stark difference between keeping players interested in the game to retain memberships and keeping players busy to try and retain them. I agree with Buffrat that adding an 18 hour lockout raid zone completely built around farming your brains out over the summer is not a solid plan. Players have already quit and some are on the way out the door and I feel like that will be consistent as time goes on.

Positive note- I really enjoy the zone and the encounters.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Personally would much rather see the zone have 3 day lockout, and drop 3x the recipe/consumables each time.

Doing the zone every raid is going to get boring very very quickly, and guild turnouts for summer are going to just get even worse.

I like the idea of the zone with crafting and stuff, but honestly I can't see an 18 hour timer working for anyone, apart from those who have a guild full of people able to box nameds
  15. scousetroub Active Member

We raid 4 day week Sun Mon Wed Thurs, You can clear maw in 3 hours can clear ToV GE in 3 hours, Before DT we would raid 2 nights a week poss 3 if we set a timer on one of the other two. 18 hour lock out allows me to raid if I want to on them nights current zones are locked.

Just cause it is a 18 hour lock out does not mean you have to do it every 18 hours - If you want it to be a 3 day timer then wait three days lol

I like it as it allows me to chose when I want to do a zone & not when a lock out timer says I can,
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

except that you can't get the best loot until atleast the 3rd boss, probably later.
    it was only a bug that was allowing the best recipe to be dropped by the first name
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

only a fool would give out the shards to each person.
    since the recipes are just 1 use only you should just store all the shards in the guild bank and bid out the recipe to the guild and whoever wins the recipe can pick whatever they want out of it

only a fool guild would bid out the items to salvage, just give them to 1 person to salvage, and do the rest.

also people crying about the experimenting.
    it's not Required to experiment, it's meant to be a high risk-reward thing.
    if you are too scared to do it, don't do it
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  18. Bouncing Skull Active Member

So we have not made anything as of yet and have only been collecting. Does each recipe in the book have one charge or does the whole book have one charge? IE, Can you make one of each item from the recipe book or do you make only one item from the book and then all the recipe's go poof?
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

the book as 1 charge
  20. scousetroub Active Member

One item per book
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.