COE Worset Expansion Ever

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Guiscard, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Epixz Member

thanks for the laught OP.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

There is simply no solution that will fit all of the needs out there.... no mater what SoE will do ^^
    But it´s natural :eek::p
  3. Salavar Active Member

I ran the sig line once on one character which is all that is required, I will never do it again because it was tedious not because it was not possible.
  4. Gamer New Member

I hear what the OP is saying but however one signature quest does not make the whole of the expansion as the title indicates... (though i had no trouble nor any of my guildies that i know of) There are far more things to be involved in.... LVL95, new prestige's, TS prestige's, shiny quests that when completed reward decent gear, 5 adv solo zones, 6 heroic zones, EM raid Zones and more.

Its a shame that if one thing doesn't work perfectly for all that we have deem it a failure, or worse, instead of moving on or asking for help we rage quit.

Though I do not always agree on everything the SOE developers have done I think they have done a great job in this expansion. Great artistry, interesting plot lines, decent progression and nice character additions.

(personally i should have known by the misspelled title not to come in here)
  5. Plavem Active Member

Honestly, I do agree this is the worst expansion ever. To me it really seems like SoE dropped the ball on this. Seems like there is a bunch of content, but mostly half baked ideas.

The sig quest isn't terrible, and it is fairly easy, you saying you can't solo it makes me wonder how you play.

I think the bigger problem with this expansion are the half baked ideas. There is no currency to get red adorns, but ontop of that red adorns don't drop off anything other than raid bosses, and possibly gear. There are no dailies, so you when you run a heroic there is almost no reward is your are unlucky. I could keep going as i have in other posts, but whats the point no dev really cares. They made their money, etc.

Sad thing is many of us will buy the next expansion just because we like the game and have time invested. But, it is clearly showing they are starting to care less and less about this game.

Honestly I think they need to pick a path and stick to it. Quit making trying different things with each expansion, like they always say, why fix some thing not broken.
    Guiscard likes this.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Well Plavem... Red Adornments are raid adornments; at least up to this point they have been, since SF in fact. I don't see them having stated they are to now be for all, so yes. You want Red Adornes? Get lucky in Solo Zones or Raid; the choice is yours. At least there is an alternative to raiding now.

CoE has introduced far more options for players to get gear now than in previous expansions. While I will agree much of the content is weak overall and seems half baked. However MMO's are "evolving" games and must try new things to draw new players. People who really like the game will adapt to changes those who are whiny and submissive will quit.

A company wants dedicated, supportive players who are willing to help others for their MMO's. Solo Content is a part now of MMO's but remember the design concept behind an MMO is Multiplayer in the sense of grouping and doing dungeons. Keep things cool till the April GU to see what they do. Most Expansions are buggy and weak on release. DoV was not noticeable because PQ's worked and kept people busy. While DoV also massively and disproportionately inflated stats it did get some things right.

Always remember hindsight is better than foresight. Previous expansions will be "better" because you remember what you liked and soon forget what you hated because you have found new things to dislike.
  7. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

you can literally macro every button from your class on one key and probably do the sig quest. its so easy compared to...lets say DoV sig quests it hurts. Please dont make it any easier, its sad already imo.
  8. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

There is no place in WE that you will die from getting knocked up unless you get knocked over the edge and featherfall wouldn't save you there anyway. Pay attention to positioning and kill the flying serpents first you won't need the crutch of a featherfall cloak anyway. In short, learn the zone.
  9. jynoth Member

To state this is the worst expansion ever is laughable. Does anyone remember the content filled AoD expantion? I've done the sig quest on like 7 or 8 different chars. The only times I've had issues on my ungeared Toons was when I was killing a named not needed for the quest.
  10. Archaical Active Member

Hands down worst expansion ever. There is a reason people keep leaving for better managed games. The Everquest brand fell from number 1 to not mentioned at all. How could that be?
    Guiscard likes this.
  11. Erszebeth Active Member

This is definitely not the worst expansion ever, they're still selling the worst Xpac ever for 40 bucks, and its old, and they renamed it to a "feature pack" when it was released as an Xpac...AoD=worst Xpac ever.
    CoE isn't that bad, its just not good, and has alot of room for improvements. As for the Sig line, I've done it on troub, dirge, warlock, defiler, zerk, necro, brig; and it was easy on all of them, including the warlock which was getting some pretty huge upgrades from her KOS cloud mount timeline gear pieces. Seer Gh'Char, pull him into the hall and kill the adds as they spawn, NBD, stamper will heal through it easy enough and you don't have to find that magic pixel to stop the aoe.
    Lungz and Sixgauge like this.
  12. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

It's all a matter of opinion. I still think DoF is the worst expansion, which is far from a popular opinion I know.
  13. Mardy New Member

I happen to like the solo signature quest line. The only problem I have with it is the rewards. SOE needs to learn to reward people for going through it, and drop items in the end that your character can use. Other than that I do enjoy the solo signature line.
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Well it can be admitted that stats have inflated massively since Destiny of Velious. Imo that was a bad idea to make "End Game" gear go from the 1st item to the 2nd item.
    103 STR/STA \aITEM 1211147594 771350854:Hulking Breastplate of the Godslayer\/a
    164 STA 154 STR \aITEM 1758859227 1824981764:Warlord's Wrathbound Breastplate\/a

Endgame Gear alone saw a 150% increase in power. It took us 6 Expansions to reach the low 100's averaging a 17 point increase to your primary stat every expansion (were it Linear Progression). In DoV we saw a 61 stat jump which is roughly 3.5 times the "average" progression. DoV had a massive inflation problem and is in part to blame for why SS and CoE have had slowdowns.

If they kept up the DoV model they would ruin the game in less than a month or two because they would outstrip their own system. Larger numbers/procs/effects/spells and all that cost resources to process rapidly. Take Multi-Attack a stat that can very quickly compound calculation time by procs.

200% MA (A Destiny of Velious amount estimate) at 350% inflation each expansion we would have to see 700% MA in Skyshrine and 2450% MA in CoE that would equate into almost 10 attacks per hit, per weapon meaning 10 times the calculations of 1 attack; the game would lag worse than it already is. If Elostirion reads this I would almost bet he may agree that this is a prime example of Mudflation (If I got the term right).
  15. Guiscard Active Member

What rewards? Every once in a while you get some gear - mostly it is just gold - not a great reward. I skipped the seer -- it was the Necro I couldn't do. I got one person to help me who had an Inq and even then we failed due to the adds. Up until Jan. 31st you could skip the Necro - than they applied the NERF hammer and made i mandatory. Unfortunately I did not do it BEFORE the nerf hit.

To me Kunark was the best expansion ever and they have never had one that good since - of course they lost the producer and his successors are pretty poor compared to Scott. They all need to take lessons from him.
  16. Detor Active Member

They didn't 'rename' AoD, it was always meant to be a feature pack. The difference being the idea that expansions they had to discount over time as content gets outdated, when a new expansion came out they typically included the previous expansions, whereas with a feature pack the features would ideally never go out of date. The idea is as expansions come out they can add new mercenaries, but you still need to buy that feature pack to use them. A feature pack they never have to bundle with expansions because people will continue to want to use the features, which is very unlike content where people want to usually just do the newest content. Really their big idea was to give away zones, get people to play based on free content, then release feature pack after feature pack and charge for each and every feature. Then, in a year, they'd still be able to charge $40 for the previous feature pack even if they release another feature pack (and charge $40 for the new feature pack) They were going to build a stable of feature packs, none of which they would have to discount.

The fact that people are posting that they want AoD discounted so much really speaks to that. Let's say DoF wasn't included in your purchase of current expansions. You wouldn't see near the people wanting it bad enough to post about it asking for a discount repeatedly quite like you do AoD. Even with CoE out now, people still want AoD if they don't have it, which is what the whole idea of a feature pack is about.
  17. Mardy New Member

I understand mudlfation, and I wasn't asking for some super duper gear. SOE needs to understand not everybody who plays their game is a raider or a long time player. Like my g/f and I, just came back to the game and our gear pretty much sucks. So anything they would've tossed our way would've been usable and appreciated. I just think if people spend the time to go through these signature quest series and advanced solo dungeons, and actually kill all the bosses and not skip anything, that they should get something their class can use at the end.

I've gotten way too many items that my class can't use it's disappointing.
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Too bad you have to buy AoD ;p
    Erszebeth likes this.
  19. Erszebeth Active Member

yes...pushing content to nearly require "optional" "feature packs" is poor design.
    Guiscard likes this.
  20. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Design has nothing to do with it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$