Tone down Inquistors group cure on Mythical.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Balbasur, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elhonna Member

I didn't know you could start casting a 1 second cast time cure halfway through the cast bar of a 2 second cast time AoE...

Second sarcastic comment: You mean I'm supposed to pay attention and know how long AoEs from mobs take to cast?

On a non-asinine note, you can download cast bar UI elements that have a countdown timer to enable you guys that aren't doing this now to do what us more experienced raid healers have been doing for years without cast bars.
    Kalderon likes this.
  2. Obadiah New Member

Agree with
    Templars get all of this
    and no they may not DPS as much as an Inquisitor but they bring a hell of a lot more survivability to a tank group.
  3. Arrucad New Member

which is not needed in current steamroll content
  4. Obadiah New Member

Try something that isn't steamroll?
  5. Elhonna Member

With a raid force that has a clue, everything besides maybe 4 encounters in the game at the moment are steamroll fights. And those 4 encounters can be healed by a good inq regardless. The sheer amount of healing power a templar has is a total waste in any but the most terribly geared/skilled situations.
  6. Balbasur Active Member

Why should a raid not use 3 Inquisitors? The answer is they shouldn't use any other healers but Inquistors they just dominate in all aspects of what you look for in a priest, that is why they are OP. I can think of multiple guilds that use this healer set up and have no problem clearing POW:

2- Mystic
    1 - Defiler
    3 - INQ
    1 - Fury

Honestly, you can even argue you should put an INQ in place of the Fury for most fights.

That is how over powered the Inquisitor class, there is nothing you can literally do to make the classes better to match them other than give all the other healers a massive proc buff Inquistors get.

This class, honesly, needs to be readjusted NO CLASS should dominate in buffs,debuffs, offensive abilities, healing, highest mitigation of gear, power control, detrimental breaks and cure ability.

There is a reason why raids perfer and INQ over any other healer, they are simply the best healer to play ATM, it's so trivial to play one.

Thanks.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Replace those 3 Inqs with wardens and I bet said guilds can still clear PoW.

OMG NERF WARDENS!
    Alenna likes this.
  8. Balbasur Active Member

But why would you? Wardens don't have a +60k proc to give.
  9. Balbasur Active Member

Also, Wardens don't have a 24 seconds insta win on adds nor mit debuffs. Wardens excel at death save fights, oh wait Inquistors win that battle also with equilibrium. Get real. The INQ class is pathetically overpowered and has been for two expacs now. NO CLASS should dominate in every single aspect as Inquistors do.
  10. Davngr Well-Known Member

some of you are going a bit far. the only reason there are so many inquis is because of that "double dip" proc ie. their damage contribution. give each healer the same type of damage things would be square.

also inquis can heal well enough to keep thier group up but they aren't the top HPS in raid. that's just crazy talk. even if they are in the MT group, the shaman should whoop them.
    Alenna and Kraeref like this.
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

Between instinct and windblade Warden procs are adding a fair chunk of dps now. Sure would be nice if fanatical devotion gave group cb.
  12. Balbasur Active Member

It's a group CB of 20 max, I would much rather take a 60k proc and other buffs INQ give to either mages and scouts. Also the INQ myth cure SHOULD NOT be able to be cast on the run it is waaaaaay OP.

Giving a class the ability to insta snap out of CC cast cures while in mid air/running 60k proc 24 sec heal with a 1.3 min recast with hp boost and wear plate is not overpowered? Come on there is a reason why raid guilds choose them over mystic/templar/defiler/warden/fury for just about every group, they can out perform any other healer at the moment. Not to mention mit debuffs which is like a mini debilate on the mob 24/7.

The class is OP it need to be toned down, honestly there is nothing we can do to any other class at this point but give them a dps buff to match what an INQ can do. And that is just the sad truth. What needs to be done is back to the drawing board to decide what checks and balances will be put on the class, because there isn't any atm.

Just look at the mean and standard deviation of what classes people play in raids, you will see a huge deviation from INQ because no one plays them due to how OP the INQ is atm.
  13. Malleria Well-Known Member

Add in a good sandstorm and hoo wee, thats a lot of group cb the warden is procing. Who has the most OP buffs sir?
  14. Davngr Well-Known Member

srsly man.. you must not know what CC means.. every healers except for mystic? has a CC break.

tbh they should just let all casters cast while moving after lvl 90 or something. they tried to implemented last expac but it was done wrong because it slowed you down instead of just letting you "cast while moving".

no other healer offers the same damage as inquis for everyone in group expect for mystc that comes close.

the rest of waht you're saying is dumb. the healers are pretty balanced. druids have their aoe avoid and clerics have their dg's while shaman has the wards and ac.

i'm starting to think you're just bad at healing bro..
    Icejo and Avirodar like this.
  15. Davngr Well-Known Member

never get a warden in my group but i'm pretty sure inquis trumps warden for melee group.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

They used to, but not any more.
    Avirodar likes this.
  17. Obadiah New Member

I do actually wonder if half the people writing on here even play the game anymore?

If I was a melee group there are two healer classes I would rather have buffing me over Inqusitor.
    In a tank group there are three healer classes I would rather have healing me.

and
    Just makes me laugh.

Have you ever thought that there are just more players playing Inquisitor that know how to play their class than there are the others? Bad Inquisitors are still bad just like all the other bad healers out there.

Compare Inquisitor to Mystic: Mystics win on healing ability, DPS, and Stampede adds just as much DPS on average as Fanatical Devotion. Sure its easier to cure on an Inquisitor but that doesn't mean Mystics can't do it. I've seen them solo healing groups on raids perfectly fine.

Inquisitor to Warden: Wardens win on healing, and buffs now. They are comparable on DPS if not superior when played well.

Again Furies have a lot of nice tools again and will beat an Inquisitor on DPS if they are trying to.

I don't know why people think Defilers are rubbish. I'm happy we now have a Defiler in our MT group again.

And finally I don't know what DPS you're talking about but I've seen Templars doing 400K+ which isn't too shabby.
  18. Netty Member

What a troll lol. ok lets see.

Warden. CB group buff on Windblade and on sandstorm. groupwide instinct and the damage proc on windblade will do more damage for the group (if played right) than what inqs can do. add 1 more of those break out abilitys that inqs have 1 off... since both druids have 2. Add a short stun immune proc when you are healing. But tbh if you having so much problems with those effects get a Redadorn for it? 2 singel target stoneskin abilitys, 2 aoe blocks, 1 groupwide death save. On a mob where you dont have to heal as much i think the damage out put is kinda much the same warden vs inq. but when you have to heal abit aswell warden wins imo. Why? Damage procs on heals... ALOT better heals to get the groups health up very fast even on ticing damage.

Templars. If you can see the use of the templar well as i said befor dont play one. And tbh im not sure what you are talking about since there is a few raiding templars still out there and clearing stuff. Templars can parse well if they want to. And have amazing defensiv buffs. Claim all you want that its not needed i dont care one bit. We use templar/defiler in the MT group and tbh pretty happy with that set up as it adds a ton of defens/damage reduction/stone skins/saves. Templars also have kinda much the same set up as a inq have on a few buffs and are immune to stun effects with the myth. Also groupwide immunety buff... Tbh keep hating templars but its nothing wrong with them at all.

Mystics will win the heal parse over a inq hands down. Stamped does WAY more dps for the group than the inqy buffs. Adds boolster groupwide power feed(long reuse but still handy...) And alot of other nice things.

Tbh im just gona stop here... Since its wrong to feed the troll. Healers are more balanced than ever befor imo. Tanks are more balanced than ever befor. Dps classes are more balanced than befor... Do ppl really pref god mode strat they did befor? When you could be king of the expansion for one expansion to get nerfed down again? Small changes here and there might be needed but just stop claiming one class is OP when you dont understand/know what the other classes can do.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Warden > Inquisitor for the group dps buffs, no question of it any more.
    Inquisitor if played to the maximum will be close/equal, but a warden has to do a lot less to provide the group with the dps. Fanatical Devotion requires the Inqy to be doing a lot more than Instincts/Sandstorm/Windblade does for a warden.
    Is the cure OP? No, not really. Useful, yes, Overpowered? no. The cure factored in with the no interrupts/stun/stifle immunity is what makes Inquisitors seem OP. A good warden with the Stun/Stifle Immunes can perform just as well.
    Templars - While useful for a MT group, provide very little benefit outside of this group. Ideally they could do with some difference adding to the dps/heal stance so they could be considered for other spots in a raid. Defilers are basically worthless outside a MT group compared to a mystic, and Furies are only useful in mage groups again. No healer class is OP, just some have more desirability/adaptability to be in all spots in a raid.
  20. Radi Member

Blah Blah One question. TSO. During this period there were many SK. (they were stronger than all other)
    If everything is okay, why Inqusitors more and more than other healers?

The answer is that everything is balanced in the game only for those who play the inquisitors

PS: Wardens are strong now too... main problems with shamans and fury =\
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.