Tradeskill apprentices useless now?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Alexic, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Alexic Member

Since I paid to obtain this feature I am very disappointed by the fact that with the passing of AoM and start of ToT the apprentices offer nothing new or relevant to the new expac. Domino would you please take the time to address this to the crafting community as I have heard others on Antonia Bayle grumble about it but see nothing posted. Please let us know what is going on with them. If they are not to be useful to any further content would like to clear out the 53 house/bag slots that they take up. I am hoping that there is some as of yet unannounced plans for them in ToT but would like a Yay or Nay to ToT and or future content one way or the other please. Other crafters feelings on this issue?
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

53 house/bag slots?
  3. Pauly Well-Known Member

I think his bag holds 53 houses.. but I don't see what that has to do with apprentices.
  4. Alexic Member

I have 53 apprentices as I have 53 level 100 crafters covering two accounts what this thread is about is that with release of ToT no new research was added to them nor do they use/give any ToT based rewards so making them useless to current content
  5. Seefar Well-Known Member

/methinks someone has too much time on hisher hands
    Deveryn likes this.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

Tradeskill Apprentices, or as I call them Recipe Research Assistants, were always a timesink to make it take longer to get desirable recipes.
    SierraDawn and daicia like this.
  7. Allanna Member

Personally, I research something every chance I can on them, even if it is useless. Why? I keep the potions they can give you, especially the potion of bountiful harvests for when I'm harvesting, to increase chance of rares.
  8. Alexic Member

Same here but in past we got things from those quests like fragments and reactants as well as potions. Since there are no ToT recipes to be researched and using AoM materials still I see them as being useless to current content other than those same old potions and what happens when out of recipes to research hmmmmm?
  9. Alexic Member

Someone became disabled a year ago so yes I have alot of time on my hands and I use tradeskilling to earn Plat and blank runes to help equip our raid jus sayin....
    Belenos, SierraDawn, Tylia and 3 others like this.
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

I brought up apprentices before beta launched. Was told nothing new for ToT. I agree that they need to restock the apprentices, we paid for them afterall. Then there's adorning (or lack thereof) and a million other things. We are falling victim to a thinned out staff. I'm sure they're working hard though. I think we need another itemization dev. One just isn't enough. Just my opinion.
    Belenos likes this.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You got more than your money's worth and they're still good for the occasional progress and rare harvest potions, which are all I ever really cared about.
  12. Alexic Member

Being a tradeskill fanatic I would only feel I got my money's worth if a good mechanic was continued and nothe thrown to the gutter. Would the scouts feel same way that they got their money's worth if poisons were suddenly removed from the game?
    Belenos, ZUES, SierraDawn and 2 others like this.
  13. Gudum Active Member

My one request for the tradeskill apprentices is that if new recipes are added, that they be ONLY obtainable from the apprentices. Having the recipes as drops in the game really makes the apprentices redundant and pretty much useless anyway.
    Belenos, SierraDawn and Sigrdrifa like this.
  14. Alexic Member

I agree with Gudum but really liked the rare chance of a damage change fragment that they gave with AoM and we have new ones available in ToT so can the crafters get some love? jus sayin
  15. montyboy Member

The DbG careers site shows zero openings for the EQ(1|2) teams :/
    ZUES likes this.
  16. Meirril Well-Known Member

I think that scouts feel fine if a new poison isn't introduced every expansion. While I do think that the elemental essences need to have their recipe altered to create the same elemental damage changers that drop in ToT, other than that nothing has to happen for anything related to the research apprentices. The potions they produce are still useful. The ammo produced from the elemental essences is still good.

Trying to do something with the apprentices every expansion is quite frankly going to stifle creativity. As long as new recipes get introduced every other expansion I think the apprentices will remain relevant.
    Spindle and Mermut like this.
  17. Alexic Member

How is expecting expansion of the apprentice each expansion going to stifle creativity? Doing nothing does not promote creativity it allows it to get pushed into a corner and ignored. Creativity comes from expanding upon what came before by creating something new to enhance it with, not ignoring it. Jus sayin. I often wonder if threads like this are even read by anyone at DBG as they never seem to get any responses. While DOE still owned a thread like this would have garnered a response from a staff member by now. SMH
    Belenos likes this.
  18. Guurzak Active Member

I paid for this feature less than a week ago. Please tell me how I got "more than my money's worth" if it's a dead letter at time of purchase.

If they're not going to keep the feature relevant they should take it out of the store.
    Belenos and Laiina like this.
  19. Alexic Member

I am in full agreement with this. They are still selling this as current content even though it has no relevance to ToT.
    Belenos, SierraDawn and Laiina like this.
  20. Meirril Well-Known Member

Lets see. What does that Tradeskill Apprentice do for you that is still relevant?

1) Offers reactant recipes that cover class specific fabled gear recipes from 10-90. While it won't help your level 100 character, it will help new characters get to 100 with some of the best in slot items available.

2) Offers a reliable source of Grandmaster Spell Recipes. While the recipes are also drops, they are rare drops and for the lower tiers it is much easier to research the recipes than actually farm them.

3) Produces a line of cosmetic weapon enhancers. While there is a dropped version that is slightly nicer, the drops are very rare. If you are looking to add a particle effect to a legendary+ weapon the recipes offered by the Tradeskill Apprentice is the best way to experiment and find out what you want to use. No plunking down 500p just to wonder if you wouldn't like a different effect.

4) Daily Apprentice Quest: Still produces the unique potions that help with crafting. 3 of these potions are amazing. Production can speed up any long crafting session. Innovation can be used to shortcut a lot of quest combines. The harvest potion offers a large bonus to rare harvest chance that would be incredibly stupid to ignore. Oh, and the AoM elemental essences. While they aren't as valuable as they were during AoM, the ammo they can produce is still very good and absolutely relevant even in ToT.

5) AoM era War Runes: These are still the top end non-armor adornments. You can spend close to 1000 FS tokens to get all the recipes, but considering that AoM probably isn't the expansion you want to focus on why would you want to spend all your effort to farm FS tokens? At this point you'd probably do a mixture of token farming and research to purchase the recipes.

So, how is this no longer relevant?
    Kuulei, Sejreia, Enoibia and 5 others like this.