Housing portal freeport?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Marya, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Marya New Member

Just got the Uncanny house and redeemed it but tragically cannot find the portal in freeport. I have looked everywhere and there is no map (I think the one in the community post was for quesnos (I apologise if this is spelled wrong)). I am going insane trying to locate the portal please help!!
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

if you face the bow of the ship in South Freeport, it's off to the left.
  3. Marya New Member

finally discovered it via Freeport portal and carefully scrutinizing map. Then as my character was traveling the game crashed:(
    However I have the location of where the hell it is now:D
    Deveryn likes this.
  4. mouser Well-Known Member

Just remember - in both Freeport and Qeynos the portals are right outside the largest/prime houses for the city.
  5. Ahupu Well-Known Member

And with the new housing button you can visit any house in your city with visitor access from anywhere in the city pick a prestige house and when you exit you should (Haven't tried yet so do not take this as gospel) be right at the housing portal.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

If you use the leaderboard you'll exit at the last non-instanced location you were at. I use it often to, say, pop to the guild hall if I don't have all the right mats for a quiest combine deep in Sanctum of Scaleborn. As long as you use only the portals to houses/halls when you leave through a door you end up back where you started.
  7. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Not the Leaderboard. You have options in the housing screen: My Houses, Buy Houses, Ratings (Which is the leaderboard), and Visit. My houses works from any city, Buy Houses works from anywhere since it is essentially just a link to the SC Marketplace, Ratings works from any non instanced zone and functions just as you said Dulcenia, but Visit (And I just tried this) only works from the city you want to visit a house in. It lists all the homes in that city that have public access set at visitor or higher (or which you personally have higher access for) and allows you to visit that home as though you entered through the front door, and when you leave you step out at the front door to that house. Meaning if it is a prestige home you exit at the prestige portal.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

In my understanding,if it isn't published it isn't available in that list.
  9. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Nope just checked the visit option is for any house in the city you are in with public access set to visitor or higher. I know because one of my alts has a salesman crate set out but is definitely not published and his house showed up on the list. And the particular toon I was on had n special access set on the house in question. Now the ratings tab they have to be published.
    Finora and Deveryn like this.