Windowed Mode Issue

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Annastasya, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Annastasya Augur

Since the latest patch that added the accursed chat tabs and did abhorrent things to my perfectly sized chat windows, the windowed mode no longer saves it's own set of coordinates for my chat boxes, like it did previously.

I log in to full screen mode- that i play in 95% of the time- set my chat boxes where i want them, and then go into windowed mode. Now my boxes are all over the place (which i expect to happen the first time i move things around), and so i move them to where i'd like them to be during windowed mode.

Now, i go back to Full Screen mode, and they are moved out of place again, as if the two modes don't have their own set of coordinates. I have to re-move all my chat windows (the ones with tabs) again. Rinse and Repeat. Whether i lock them or not. Whether i have resizing enabled or not. Whether i reset my computer or repatch the game, or relaunch the launcher. Still borked.

Anyone know a fix? I'd bug report this or submit feedback, but those features were removed some time ago.
    JettaTDI likes this.
  2. Nniki Augur

klanderso likes this.
  3. Fooba Augur

Playing in 2560 x 1600 on a 4k monitor means I have to log in in windowed mode, so I had the same problem. I had to move the chat windows, load the default UI, switch to windowed mode, move the chat windows like 1 pixel to force a save, relog, switch back to full screen, and load my custom UI which has no title bars on the chat windows. It was a bit ridiculous just to save chat window locations.
  4. Fateseer Noggle New Member

I'm still having this issues no matter what I try, bug section is no help. Anyone find a fix for this?