Who asked for potranq port spells??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Xeris Augur

This addition makes no sense. Who asked for this to be done? The wild thing about this is that it shows that the devs VERY CLEARLY can add stuff to the game at lower levels.

Why not add more fun 65 and lower content? Why not make any number of changes or additions people have pointed out that would make the game better or add more flair to older content? Instead... Wizards and druids can now port to tranq? It's 30 seconds away from POK, where they can both already port and punt people to..
  2. Montag Augur

I dunno man I like it. I mean sure I'd prefer stuff people actually asked for but this is at least some cool new little thing.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Off the top of my head it just sounds like a feature to either limit lag in pok or help with the fact that every pop launch has missing stones for like an hour so now maybe you can just port?
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  4. a_librarian Augur

It should help alleviate the zone meltdown that happens on the first day of PoP opening.

It's strictly a TLP PoP launch day band aid and it's a perfectly good one at that. Good call on their part
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

Maybe a little. There's still 1 zone that everyone has to go through.
  6. a_librarian Augur

Tranq will still turn into a mess but it's capable of spawning picks at least. People need to remember to use them though or you end up with 600 in base and 15 in pick 1
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

If the base pop reaches a certain level it'll start putting people in picks when they zone or port in.
  8. Riddish Lorekeeper

I wonder where the port drops you off at.
  9. modsiw Augur

A project manager requested this, clearly.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Making a couple of new spells is nowhere near the work-load required to craft even a single quest.

We got some extra coders & devs but I am hoping that mostly they will be fixing bugs & working on the next expansion & hopefully making it much larger & richer in content than the past few we have had.

TLP already get new content, it's called an expansion unlock, it's not the devs fault people choose to bore themselves to death recycling Classic to Luclin.

If we got any content added to early expansions then maybe a zone revamp like how CT & Lair of the Splitpaw were revamped, or how something like Veksar was added to the game - but those should take a backseat to getting the Raid lag addressed on live imho.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

This makes a ton of sense when you look back at the PoP launches on previous TLPs.

What they should do is unlock "out of era" but level appropriate zones earlier such as CT revamp, Veksar, Sol C, Chardok B, Stonebrunt mountains. Tons of low level content on classic continents that get zero use
  12. Riddish Lorekeeper

We have Veksar, Chardok B, CT revamp, on Agnarr. Not sure about the others though.
    There is a lot they could do with Agnarr when it comes to events, zones, illusions, removal of truebox, QOL changes.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yeah but by the time PoP/LDoN comes out, those zones are mostly pointless.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Riddish Lorekeeper

Yeah unfortunately :( the zones do have some cool drops though that I still occasionally farm today. But releasing them earlier would've been cool.