Which live server for easier diamond harvesting

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by upsidedown, Apr 9, 2020.

1. upsidedown New Member

Between FV on one side, or say Bristlebane and similar on another side, which server would be easier to get enough diamonds for a Krono? F2P, no guild, no help, solo grinding

I don't understand differences between FV economy and others.
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

it's all relative.
    on new tlp's pp are hard to come by, so krono sell for a few thousand pp.
    on servers with broken economies e.g. FV expect to pay millions of PP.
    on live servers with less broken economies it depends on how many people are buying/selling...but still expect to have to farm thousands of diamonds for one krono.

This is why the krono lords infest the new TLP servers, and bot armies lock down the plat generating camps like hill giants. Don't expect to compete with them without your own bot army or a guild at your back who don't mind competing for spawn 24 x 7.

Krono farmers are a plague... don't join them.
  3. Elsewhere Elder

For perspective, a krono on FV goes for around 3 million plat, plus or minus 10% in either direction.

I usually 2 and 3 box in my own corner of Norrath. I am a casual player and have 2 Silver accounts and 1 Bronze account. While most of my characters are in the 50-75 area, I have never come close to earning enough PP to buy a krono. I would say get that idea out your head ASAP. Play EQ as a game, not as a job with the sole focus of earning PP to pay for itself.

To be honest, you can play just fine without spending a penny/cent until you get to about level 70 (where the AA cap will be the most punishing restriction). Once you get there, you can then decide whether the ~£10 price-tag is worth the 200+ hours you just played for free.
  4. Elsewhere Elder