Vet AAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Anyway to find out how many Vet claims I still have left ?
  2. Belexes ForumQuester

No wonder the game is tough for you. :p :D I am teasing you, don't quit or say you will stop playing unless I am banned or something. :p

A simple google can provide your answer in 30 seconds.

EQ claim veteran rewards
    Each subsequent year paid will allow new rewards as well as additional characters allowed to claim these rewards (you can flag 1 character for each year worth of Veteran time you have. So the maximum number of characters you can have flagged is equal to the number of Veteran Rewards you have!).

For example, my first account has all 15 vet AAs earned, so I can claim them on 15 characters for that account.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've never said I'm quiting, I'm currently considering switching to the new TLP instead of purchasing the next expanion. I'm not a quiter! EQ is my hobby its what I do in the evenings with friends instead of watching rubbish on TV. :p

It is easy to find out how many you can have, but I wish to know how many I have left to claim. I've played on more than one server and transfered vet AA chars both to and from my main account, so its not a simple case of counting up how many chars I have used them on, that is if I still have them and not deleted them.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

To answer the OP, as far as I'm aware (and remember as this has been brought up before) there is no way for you to know, other then having kept track yourself of how many you claimed. Its clearly a number they have server-side (how else would it be able to check, etc if it didn't); but for whatever reason they haven't let us see it.

It would be a nice change. I also wouldn't hold my breath.
    Yinla, Belexes and Balthozzar like this.
  5. yosco Augur

But taking 2 seconds to think about why the question might be more complex than "dur, count your characters" wouldn't allow responders to make snarky posts about 30 second google searches.
    Belexes likes this.
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

I don't think I can help you then. If you delete a character that had them, you don't get that back. So in my case I can claim 15 on my first account and if I make 15 characters and claim them and I delete a character, they are still all taken. I won't be able to claim them on a new char if I make one as that would be number 16, not number 15 again.

Transfers from account to account...I have no clue on how that works.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

I am all about snark, but I do try to be helpful when I can. :)
    yosco likes this.
  8. Balthozzar Elder

If is just a value somewhere in your account file on their server, then I can't imagine it would be at all difficult or time consuming to add a command to report it to you.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

If I had to guess, i'd say its simply a int8 field stored along with your account info in their database. When you try to claim it likely compares your entitled time (which you CAN see ingame) with your vet_claim_used and if its less then entitled, i allows the claim and increments vet_claim_used by one.

Agree its silly they won't show us when we try to use /veteran.. I would image that it wouldn't take more then an hour to add that info to the confirmation window. (Like "Are you sure you with to flag this character for veteran rewards? You currently have X uses left.)