Velious snowball

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tnot, Jan 19, 2018.

1. tnot Elder

Was one of my most cherished rewards. Unfortunately no longer useful due to level cap?

Would it be too much to ask to raise the cap on this? Don't think 1 pacify clicky every 6 minutes is something OP or has any abuse potential.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

It is not the once every six minutes that is abuse able, but rather the ability for any class to be able to break a camp and then spread out the mobs so you get a continuous stream of single mobs. Which is something only monks and bard's and enchanted and such should be able to do.

I think. Or maybe they are waiting for Velious 2.0 when we are all at level 120 with 50k AA and then we can have the snowball back...
  3. Goodn Augur

Clerics, Paladins, Druids and Rangers would like a word with you...they have been getting a new version of harmony every five levels. SKs and Necros would probably like a word as well wondering what is different between them and a Monk. We're now over half the classes in EQ...

...oh yeah, everyone GOT FADE...

Whether the Devs want to sunset the snowball...your guess is as good as mine. But the idea that the snowball infringes upon class-defining abilities is laughable.

With tightly pact mobs, yellow or higher con mobs, and the crazy zone pathing in most zones, it's pretty clear that the Devs don't give a second thought about harmony (or other techniques) as a valid method for pulling. Which is a shame...because it has been part of EQ since the beginning (unlike everyone fade). Now everyone wants 30 mobs in camp for faster kills...why not just play Doom?
  4. Cicelee Augur

Fair enough, I do not play with those classes much outside of raids (which of course there is no pacify) so I am not aware they can do stuff like that...
  5. Bigstomp Augur

It would be nice. It was pretty cool to be able to split a pair of mobs now and then. Although usually they don't upgrade this stuff - it was neat while it lasted.