Unfettered Emerald Essence (Mearatas Raid)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhenna_BB, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Anyone have any idea of anything a player can do to kill the lag when the boss is active? I don't have anything else I can shut down at this point. This effects many on our raid. Thanks.
  2. Thrillho Augur

Turn off "Others" damage via settings (as opposed to hiding them in another chat window / tab). Then you only do self-parsing.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Turn logs off entirely. Lag will disappear.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I do have /log off. I'll try setting others damage to hide. Thanks.
  5. Thrillho Augur

Oh... Turning off Others probably wouldn't decrease the lag for you then if you already have logs turned off.

The instance lags. The mob is active while being invulnerable, he lags behind tank positioning, he darts forward from tank positioning... Lots going on with the whole event. Sometimes we're lucky and get a low-lag instance, other times we get a fresh one and it somewhat helps.

Hopefully they can do something about it in coming patches.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Yup, that did it. I'm not even on a potato.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It prolly helped because the damage and healing was still running through a minimized spam window
  8. Lianeb Augur

When the window is minimized the chat is evaluated for "Evaluate New messages" (part of the new chat tabs/windows). If the window is visible and viewable this never happens......just make it a really small window but not minimized.

PS tabs in the same window are evaluated the same way, if not the active tab
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Yup, yup. I found the blinking red (queue in Navi the Fairy HEY LISTEN) tabs annoying so I shut that off in all but my tell window.

It’s probably really the tabs causing the lag - I’m just surprised it’s video lag it’s causing. People in RA aren’t having my issues and have everything filtered to Show. My guess is Mearatas, Aalishai and GMM are zones lots of packets are needed from San Diego and my living in the point that is farthest from (NH) I am seeing lag in those places worse than most. 400 meg internet isn’t able to withstand having to always route through NY from where I am. There’s a lot of people using those servers. Anytime I do a trace route to Everquest.com, its always a NY server the packet loss starts to drop off. It was the same for Final Fantasy XI, which was in Canada at the time and for Tera which is in Washington State, I believe.
  10. Rowanoak Elder

11. smash Augur

Gotta say that if it is the tab thing that is causing massive amount of lag, then DBG devs need to think out a new solution..

Step 1, roll back so we have a none tab chat windows.

Step 2, Begin to find out what can be done to solve the problem with the lag, also implement so people who do not wanna use tab
    do not have to use a madeself ui.

I think most people would rather have a tabless chatsystem, instead of 1 that is causing the lag.

Also I am sure it would be possible to implement a massive test script in regard to chat, simulating 54 persons + pets and mobs.
  12. Endaar Augur

RoV has not tried UEE since the recent patch, but we did GMM1 yesterday and the lag was horrendous. We also failed twice on Conflag Generals - which we have had on farm - due to the mobs lagging so badly that they could not consistently be moved in the time allowed. I'm sure some of us had lag from logging and the tab changes, but a lot of this was clearly server-side as it affected the entire raid.

Something has to be done, whether it's removing the tabs or what, but failing events due to server lag is pretty demoralizing.
  13. Horyuken Augur

I think part of the problem may be that the instancing servers are under very heavy load. With the two new TLP servers I would assume between picks and raid instances the servers are close to full load. I don't know how it works exactly but lag in instances got far worse after the new TLP servers went online.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

To add to this, this is a copy paste of what I'm running Eq with, it should never have video lag on a 400 mb internet connection, period:
    ASUS - ROG Strix Scar Edition 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 1TB SSHD + 256GB SSD - Black, Gunmetal

Fix your stuff, please!
    Allayna likes this.
  15. Mintalie Augur

Whoa, wait... so I'm hurting myself by having all of those damage spam windows minimized? What other sorcery don't I know about?!
  16. Thrillho Augur

Can't remember where I read it, but apparently EQ doesn't properly utilize video cards nor multi-core processors.
  17. Horyuken Augur

Thrillho is correct, also because of the architecture I think it will only use 2 Gigs of ram at most. When it comes to EQ most machines are equal unless you're running 6 instances of the game.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

Curious.. has anyone else beaten this event yet since RoI ?
    Allayna likes this.
  19. Mintalie Augur

If they have, they're keeping it to themselves. :p
    Allayna likes this.
  20. Cicelee Augur

So I have others spells on, filtered to a minimized window tab. This window also had my defenses filtered to a tab in this minimized window, then the third tab was our parse channel.

So I generally do not look at parses until the end of the night. A week ago after an event I decided to open up the minimized window and look at the parse tab. EQ became unresponsive for about 10 minutes, and I had to restart the laptop. The next day, still not knowing why EQ was unresponsive the prior night, after a raid I un minimized the window. Again, EQ is unresponsive and I had to restart.

My thought process was that during the unresponsive time, my old laptop was trying to go through all the other melee hits and spells that I filtered into that minimized window and bring them up. I figure if I waited another hour it would finally be responsive. I moved the parse tab to another window and left the stuff I do not need to see minimized...