The shadow man, my only friend.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranger Dave, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

I had a kinda creepy experience today. I turned on shadows the other day to see if I liked the effect. Today I was standing with the light behind me and the shadow I saw in front of me wasn't mine. It was smaller and was going through a spell casting animation every few seconds. there was no one around me to cast this shadow and it occurred to me that it might be caused by some spell effect I had cast on me. I began clicking off effects to see if the shadow would disappear. The shadow remained and continued it's casting motions. I noticed that my aura effect had reappeared after having clicked it off, so I clicked it off again and when the shadow cast again the aura icon reappeared. I clicked it off a few more times and the shadow recast it every time.
    So it seems that if you have an aura cast on you, you are being followed around by a little invisible shadow man casting the effect on you over and over again.

I just thought you'd like to know.

Ranger Dave
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Aura yes

They are actually an invisible man singing the spell effect around you, hence the constant casting animation of its shadow.
    This is why the aura drops off sometimes when you are running/mounted & moving very fast as the invisible man tries to stay with you as it runs behind & lag effects even invisible men. And while it is strange in EQ even Invisible men cast shadows.
  3. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

The shadow man.
    Koryu likes this.
  4. Conq Augur

How can I hire the shaman invisible aura guy?? My cleric's invisible aura singer sucks, I gotta recast it all the time!
    Conq
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would love to have that guy sing my aura too, Shaman got the best aura singer ever, you can hear him from a long way away too, serious lungs on that dude.
    disclose and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.