The Broken Mirror is now live!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Brave Adventurers, the time has come. Anashti Sul has split into the two most dominant aspects of herself - life and decay – and she’s crafted a plot to infect the places of Norrath with a war that threatens to collapse the balance of all life! Will you prevent the chaos she would unleash? Now is your chance! The Broken Mirror, EverQuest’s 22nd expansion, launches today!

Load Balancing Zones
    To help with how crowded some of the expansion zones can get, we added “Load Balancing Zone” tech to the following The Broken Mirror expansion zones:
    • Plane of Health
    • Crypt of Sul
    • Crypt of Decay
    Once those zones reach a certain threshold of players (it varies based on the size of the zone), it will spawn another version of itself. You will be able to choose which version of the zone you want to enter upon zoning in, or you will be able to use the /pickzonecommand to choose another version of the zone you are in. This should let people group up with friends, while reducing crowding so players can find NPCs and things to kill.

Collector’s Edition Illusion and Mercenary

Both the Collector’s Edition and Premium Edition of The Broken Mirror include the Shroud of Relife illusion and Contract of the Chosen mercenary. Having either of these will provide players with benefits while in certain zones in The Broken Mirror.
    • In the Crypt of Decay players will have their max mana and HP reduced by 20%. With either the merc or illusion active it’s only a 10% reduction.
    • In the Plane of Health healing players receive is reduced by 20%. With either the merc or illusion active it’s only a 10% reduction.
    While completing the progression of the expansion will also give players perks in these zones, having the merc or the illusion from the Collector’s Edition or Premium Editionof The Broken Mirror expansion will make progression through these zones easier for each of your characters.

…But Wait, There’s More!

Want a more in-depth look at what is awaiting you in this new expansion? Make sure you review these preview articles!

Do you want to upgrade your expansion for more amazing in-game items? Do you have a friend or family member you want to join you on your adventures? Good news! Upgrading and gifting are both available now! Visit The Broken Mirror expansion page to learn more!
  2. Silv Augur

So... what exactly does the mercenary do? We've just been told it's 'special'. We can't test/tell if it's "working" if we have no clue...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Reduces the zone effect by 10%.
  4. Warpeace Augur

From above

Collector’s Edition Illusion and Mercenary
    Both the Collector’s Edition and Premium Edition of The Broken Mirror include the Shroud of Relife illusion and Contract of the Chosen mercenary. Having either of these will provide players with benefits while in certain zones in The Broken Mirror.

In the Crypt of Decay players will have their max mana and HP reduced by 20%. With either the merc or illusion active it’s only a 10% reduction.

In the Plane of Health healing players receive is reduced by 20%. With either the merc or illusion active it’s only a 10% reduction.

While completing the progression of the expansion will also give players perks in these zones, having the merc or the illusion from the Collector’s Edition or Premium Edition of The Broken Mirror expansion will make progression through these zones easier for each of your characters.
  5. Silv Augur

Yeah... that was added to the post via mod edit after I posted. But, good to know.

ps. Thank you for the information Dex/Roshen. Much appreciated.
  6. Abazzagorath Augur

The Broken Broken Mirror? =D

Seriously though, I feel bad for the devs, being forced to push this out now.
    Elricvonclief and sifonin like this.
  7. Bobola New Member

Are there alternate methods of obtaining mitigation similar to what Shroud of Relife illusion and Contract of the Chosen mercenary offer?

In other words, do we absolutely have to buy Collectors or Premium edition to obtain the effect?

It just seems that 10% of your hp/mana is quite a difference.

This is serious P2W territory we have entered.
  8. Kegwell Lurker since '99

AND is REALLY Broken...
    Changing raids after the last day of beta, how did that go for the devs >??
  9. Terminat Lorekeeper

Conspiracy theory: Broke it on purpose so the expansion wouldn't get waxed on launch day ;)
  10. Rafather Augur

Well since only 4 of the 10 raids are available, it is impossible for the expansion to be waxed on launch. This has been pure incompetence by Daybreak forcing the timeline on the devs and them making last second changes.
    Stumphobbler, Sancus, Silv and 3 others like this.
  11. G-Day New Member

The new Merc Woeful has a bug it is by default a live target but all my other merc's are not consider (a live target) so when you Cycle thru nearest NPC's or F8 key or use(`) it will mess up target on mobs. Don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I am. And have tried to reset other buttons and that's not the problem. It's just on the Woeful.
  12. Blankslate Elder

The pricing structure made me think of..........

13. Silv Augur

Yes. I'm having this issue too. It's only with the new mercs from TBM. Please post this in the bug thread.
  14. Wizdons Augur

I really would like to know too..

10% is easily >10k HP...

Basically like having a free cleric buff if you spend all that much money..

P2W territory i agree.
    Stumphobbler likes this.
  15. Silv Augur

The mitigation is completely broken BTW.

I have Shroud of Relife on AND the merc up. When you zone into decay for example you get capped at 80%. After a while when the zonewide debuff "refreshes" (i guess?) you get the bonus [debuff: Lesser Decay]. Then it will cast the zone debuff again... and now you're back to full debuff status, 80%.

So... don't bother with the garbage incentive of a bonus. It's completely broken as well.
  16. Stumphobbler Elder

• Awesome, you buy this expac and get penalized for going into the new zones.

Yet another reason to skip this expansion.
    Iila and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Jaybird08 New Member

I agree Stump, these expansions seem to be getting more and more frustrating with each release.

Not opening all the zones or handicapping players upon zoning in to a new expansion seems ridiculous for people forking out good money to buy these expansions.

Call me nostalgic but in the good ole days of Kunark, Velious, etc... you couldn't wait to buy a new expansion for all the new zones you'd get to explore and virtually unrestricted. Recent releases just don't have that appeal anymore in fear of what is going to be taken away rather than what is being given to the players.

Sad really.
  18. Blankslate Elder

I'm afraid I have to concur. I dropped my 8 accounts a year ago and have been on the sidelines just watching the forums. For those of you that say you can't leave EQ; well it can be done. I was hoping DBG would be a fresh restart for EQ. I was hoping this next expac/campaign would draw me back. Sadly, it doesn't look like it will happen. I was suspicious when I learned you had to buy the expac to get into Beta. These post live threads confirm my fears of a bugged, incomplete, minimum expac.

Back to my book.
  19. Drayze Elder

This thread needs a title change..."The Broken Mirror Beta is now live" would be more fitting.
    Iila likes this.
  20. Lanadorm New Member

Please fix 8.5 day lockouts on Vim and Vigor raid.