/tgb removal is going to hurt :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Angahran Augur

From test patch notes:
    Personally, this is a bad idea.
    It's going to hurt.

Just as an example:
    Healers will no longer be able to keep an out of group player targeted while casting group spells.
  2. Cleaver Augur

Put that player on xtarget instead ?
  3. Millianna Augur

The xTarget window lags behind the main target window and is only good for swamping targets not in your group. It’s not an excuse to remove a feature that many still use frequently - they should have ask the community first.
  4. strongbus Augur

there was another post where one derv wanted a list of group heals that he could make work on a healers group with said healer having someone out side of the group on target.
  5. WorriedinNorrath Elder

I don’t understand. Why in the world are they getting rid of /tgb?
  6. segap Augur

Probably the same reason they removed the potion belt. They're cleaning up code, trying to simplify things as they do, and removing features they (as people that don't play the game) don't understand the use case for. Good intentions lacking perspective.
    xcitng and Fanra like this.
  7. DaciksBB Augur

it's going to be on forever, how is it hard to tab to yourself before casting a group spell?
  8. Denial_Sinfae Augur

^^

Tab, cast, tab, no change.

Glad to have one less /command out there.
  9. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I've never heard of anyone turning TGB on/off until now. I feel like it's an obscure thing that trips up new/unfamiliar players who had it off and didn't know about it.
    Cadira, Drogba and Denial_Sinfae like this.
  10. Conq Augur

Cleric'd a lot for 18 years. Never turned /tgb off. Orgasmed when it was introduced tho. Just sayin.
    Conq
    Smokezz and Denial_Sinfae like this.
  11. Millianna Augur

If I need to interrupt my casting to save the MT with this method the tank is dead. Never mind the lag you get from constantly changing targets. Just because your play style is different than mine doesn’t excuse this nonsense.
  12. Brohg Augur

if the tank is dying while you cast a spell that doesn't land on them, then casting a spell that doesn't land on them is what's causing the problem. not your targeting
  13. Denial_Sinfae Augur

......... you can do the target changing while the spell is casting. All you need to do is initiate the cast, then hit tab. You can still d(s)uck all you want.
    kizant likes this.
  14. Millianna Augur

Please do not make comments based on assumptions - it makes you look bad. There are several group spells with LONG cast times. Tabbing back and forth casting these types of spells has NEVER been an option.
  15. Brohg Augur

The tabbing isn't what makes them slow spells, or what makes them not heal the tank. If you're letting tanks die, that has nothing to do with targeting.
  16. DaciksBB Augur

last I checked, you can't use macros while casting a spell. is this still true? I do know you can change targets while casting

also when you can a spell, it lands on the target at the moment you start casting it, not your target when you finish.
  17. Visitor Augur

My Cleric targets a tank outside group and uses spot heals on it, if an in group heal is needed he casts a group heal, which affects only his group. I see no reason for this TGB change to make a difference. The only buff/heal I can think of that might be affected is the Elixir HoT.
    Metanis likes this.
  18. GNOME_POWER Augur

The first thing I do by creating a charactor is to turn on /tgb.
    I have never turned it off since then.
    Smokezz likes this.
  19. Millianna Augur

Go ahead and use that xtarget to monitor someone’s health if you choose. I’m not going to... it lags.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I'd love to know what spell you're actually casting that would require you to turn off tgb to cast... I too have had /tgb on, on every character that can use it and have NEVER turned it off. I don't have "lag" changing targets. Xtarg does not lag behind the main window at all for me. Seems like this is just another one of your FQ rages just to rage.