Test Server Stability

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Graytis, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Graytis Lorekeeper

Is there any way to get an update, acknowledgement, some sign that we're not just shouting into the void about the state of Test these days?

Ludicrous lag spikes every few minutes... unresponsive chat, quest updates, world interactions, rubberbanding... mass insta-disconnects (complete with irrevocable pet loss), rollbacks ruining content, etc..

At times, it's frustrating to the point that I just don't want to even bother anymore. I understand that this is the "test" server after all, but surely this can't be the ideal environment to put live changes through their paces before they go live, can it?

Apologies if this isn't the right place for this.
  2. Shanarias Augur

I know that lag was VERY bad for a while last night, then it seemed to clear up. I actually seem less bugged there than on Live, sometimes. GREAT community on Test. I hope it gets fixed before people bail out.
  3. Dartaniun Augur

Haven't been able to /testcopy from any live server for more than a week now. Any word on fixing this?
  4. MiataDriver Augur

If it's any consolation, I was seeing the same issues on Live servers...
  5. Graytis Lorekeeper

Although I have played on most every server at some point, I can't speak as to the state of every server at the moment. I play most regularly, though, on Stromm/Luclin and Test, and I can verify that what's been happening for the last several weeks on Test is orders of magnitude worse than anything I've experienced on Stromm/Luclin, and I'm relatively certain other Testers could share similar experiences.

It's shared in General chat extensively, anyway, after every wave of simultaneous mass disconnects (not in a single zone, but zonewide), as most of the population logs back on without their pets, many rolled back in whatever task/mission they were doing without a way to finish now without re-starting from scratch, and a general gripe session about the unacceptability of the state of things as various negative impacts are voiced. This isn't an occasional server hiccup, this is frequent, intense server narcolepsy.

In my guild, anyway, there's been surprise and disappointment expressed at the lack of posts about it on the boards, as the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so... you know... squeak squeak. It needs attention.

The ideal would be a fix that will impact similar live server issues as well.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

Not sure I follow, we’re just shy of patch day so it’s unlikely the Devs will do much to Test until the next patch’s test, i.e. what is left to test? Live/TLP are the intended product, Test isn’t.
  7. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Obviously you aren't familiar with how it works which is understandable. Test needs to be stable in order for the bugs to be tested as much as possible before going to Live and TLP. With the connection issues and everything that goes with it even less people are playing and those that are playing are not able to achieve much so they stop logging in or just log in to chat.

Lag has been bad game wide for over a year. That is way past needing to be addressed but it seems to be something Daybreak isn't willing or isn't able to deal with. Now the connectivity issues are getting worse and that could affect Live & TLP after the patch tomorrow as well if it isn't already doing so.