TBM Port and Gate spells?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wizdons, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Wizdons Augur

I was wondering if there are any and whom i would buy them from?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't think there are any. I'm not surprised, druid and wizard ports have become less and less meaningful and being replaced with pay to teleport items.

One of our core class attributes has been marginalized. While my druid still can move around Norrath far easier than other classes (besides Wizards), each expansion makes it less and less useful.

Veil of Alaris was the last expansion where druids and wizards got meaningful ports.

Since then:

Rain of Fear - One port to Shard's Landing in a spot that is in the same zone and worse place than the guild portal.

Call of the Forsaken - One port to Ethernere Tainted West Karana, the same zone as the guild portal. The druid port in spot was deliberately placed so you have to take a long trip around the mountains to reach the portals to the other zones, for no reason whatsoever.

The Darkened Sea - One port to Tempest Temple, literally 20 feet from zone line to Katta Castrum: Deluge, which is reachable with guild portal. However, if you pay more money, any class can get a port item to Brother Island, thus avoiding a long wait for a boat that serves no purpose other than to annoy you (or make you pay more for the teleport parrot).

The Broken Mirror - Zero ports. Not even the guild portal. However, if you pay more money, any class can get a port item to Plane of Health. And if you pay more money you can get a guild portal item that also takes your guildmates there.

See the trend?
  3. fransisco Augur

A couple classes have control over how everyone else could move was terrible design. No mmo can survive that expects people to spend 20 minutes running to get to a area with content they want.

Everyone should be able to easily get where they want to go.
    Pirlo likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

They could have at least allowed binding in PoHealth so a Wiz/Dru could TPB.

You can already use the instant cast/instant reuse PoHealth guild hall clicky so I don't see how allowing binding there would be OP. /shrug
  5. Wizdons Augur

Man cant even believe this garbage.. Porting classes should be able to port all over the dang place for the love of god..

slap in the face to make you pay more just to be able to port to a new expansion..

guess will have to bind in PoTranq next to the zone in click.
    Pirlo and Mayfaire like this.
  6. Silv Augur

That's what I did; nice for stopping buff timers at least. I'd also place a couple Cynosure of Health around your guild hall.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Having useful port locations requires an adequate number of zones, which we no longer receive with these "expansions".

Best thing to do is to request to make them bindable just like TDS, for that one slim shred of utility in teleport bind.
    Pirlo, Mayfaire and Silv like this.
  8. Axxius Augur

It's just something that was too low on the dev priority list, I guess. I also don't understand why binding in Plane of Health is not allowed.

Luckily, running via PoTranq is not exactly hard.
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. Brohg Augur

Slap In The Face has been called! Will it be pistols at dawn, or the rapier!? Mounted, with sabres?
  10. Silv Augur

Well if they had given Druids ports they would have at least gotten one good spell this expansion :D
  11. Iila Augur

The port would be to PoTranq, by the PoWater zone in.
    Pirlo, Mayfaire, Axxius and 1 other person like this.
  12. Silv Augur

Eh... probably by BoT if we really wanna be honest about it. It would also be right by the zone in click so if you move wrong you'll zone in! ;)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Druids and Wizards should have gotten decent port spells. Hopefully they implement them sometime in the near future. I am still annoyed that the guild port in Shards Landing is better than the port spells.
    Silv likes this.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Unlikely to be a port spell or a guild hall port for a while other than the collectors edition portal (the insane one). Since they want to sell as many of the collectors edition upgrades as possible...
  15. Silv Augur

You only really need 2 - 3 Collector's Editions per guild since anyone can use the port clicky. I had guildies drop 2 - 3 and told no one else to place them because it'd be a waste of real estate space.
  16. Diani Augur

Maybe the wiz druid ports are supposed to be tradeskill combines...

oh, nevermind :confused:
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that there used to be an NPC that sold the Druid/Wizard ports in the Quellious room. But the NPC pissed off Quellious and the other vendor NPCs by knocking a hole in the back wall, for easier access to the Plane of Health portal. So Quellious and the other vendors decked the guy and then bricked him inside the back wall.