TBL Chase loot < ToV group gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tharnkiss, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Tharnkiss Journeyman

The luck will remain unchanged on the TBL Chase loot. Therefore; the shoulders and ring will get upgraded for DPS classes by (Tier 2) group gear. The Tier 1 gear has no luck on it at all(But is attunable, and non-prestige I guess you have to pay a subscription for the luck stat)

Anyways, just thought I'd give those not in the beta forum a heads up. So if anyone was wasting their time still leveling either the ring or the shoulders; you can stop now. It's just a waste of time.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

Does the upgrade outweigh the focus effects and aug bonuses?
  3. Sabrefist- Journeyman

Ugh please drop this Luck stat. Pretty please. It's awful.
    Allayna, Cadbane and Funky like this.
  4. Tharnkiss Journeyman

The cool augs will all fit in the boots/gloves. As for the focus effects. Many classes don't benefit from the focus' at all. If your a raider the focus is the same. As for groupers, again depends on your class.

That's for you to decide. I'm just warning people not in beta so that they are informed.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Has it been definitively stated that there wont be an option to upgrade the luck post-launch?

I dont think anyone should expect upgrading prev expansion loot to be a dev priority in the week preceeding expansion launch...
  6. Derka Power Ranger

That's unfortunate considering they said the gear wouldn't be replaced this year. I am not beta testing so thanks for sharing
  7. Tharnkiss Journeyman

The item dev states that increasing the luck to 10 will mess up the TLP servers.

He has no desire to update the luck stat at all.
  8. Fian Augur

One possible solution would be to add an augment slot to the items that only takes a luck aug that only drops in ToV. Aug type 22 is luck right? These augs would not fit in charm slot, though, only the chase loot slots.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I have an alt who generally lives in 1 or 1.5 expansion old raid gear.
    I've never had a situation I've wanted to upgrade to group gear (and I count evolving items as raid gear provided you can get past level 1).

Maybe I'm Naive or maybe I'm so amazing at my alt that skill > gear.
    I don't believe either of those honestly. The world is not falling. With the exception of the tank belt in GMM(double focus) I can't think of a piece of gear I'd have considered upgrading my old raid gear for new group gear.
    (EoK > RoS I did get the group BP for the clicky until I had the raid BP - but I didn't wear it)
    Allayna and Duder like this.
  10. Sancus Augur

That's totally your prerogative, and my be the optimal choice depending on the class of the alt. Optimizing your gear certainly doesn't make or break your play on nearly any class.

That said, it's not really debatable that replacing some slots with group gear on some classes is optimal. That is, your character is directly more effective than it was before, even if it's 0.05% more effective. That was true upgrading Ring of Scale non-visibles to TBL TS group visibles when it came out for luck, and is true for many classes on level cap increases for their BP focus. There's often a survivability tradeoff for doing so, but the magnitude of that varies. It was very small RoS raid -> TBL group, but will be larger TBL raid -> ToV group.

I can agree this is somewhat exaggerated, I doubt even I will be replacing my evo items with group items (although perhaps partially due to sentimentality). However, it's absolutely true that I'd achieve another luck bin if I did, which would increase my DPS over having the evo items equipped. I will replace them with ToV TS raid gear. That's not the end of the world, but we were told the items would be best in slot during this expansion as well, and for most classes that is arguably not the case. I think this thread is hyperbolic, but there is some underlying truth to the point it's making.
    Ssdar and Dewey like this.
  11. strongbus Augur

Ok this post make no sense to me. The chase gear at level 5(what non raiders can get) is close to 9.5k base hp/end/mana

I use the ring for a example

chase loot
    ac 363
    hp/mana/end 9.5k
    atk 63
    hdex 31

on beta the ts rings(best group gear you can get)

ac 366
    hp 7.1k
    mana/end 7k
    atk 50
    hdex 24

So you saying I should give up close to 2k hp/mana/end +the extra atk and hdex for 5 more luck? why in the world would i do that.

and this don't even count in by the time you aug them up they can be close to 11k hp/mana/end and stuff

wife is a mage her ring is close to 200 spell damage. no way she get close to that with just the normal non chase loot gear for 1 slot.
  12. Derka Power Ranger

From the replies here it seems achieving the next luck tier is the goal. Using Sancus's luck table it would be a gain of 0.32% DPS from the increase in lucky min/max crit damage. You'd have to weigh that against your hp and HDEX. Take note of the atk also as you might be capped and wouldn't lose any.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Dewey Augur

Totally depends on your class. For the rogue class GMM group gear with luck > ROS raid gear with no luck. For a rogue the focus' are arms/legs. I agree with the belt focus that you mentioned.

You say your alt. What class is your alt? You could be a caster alt that has to care about fire focus, mana focus, etc... If your only upgrade to dps is weapons, heroic dex, and luck... Then I would prioritize luck over Hit points.

The reverse is true about the earrings in this next expansion for tanks. The Empyr 306 ac earring and the fleeting secret dawn earrings(330 AC) will be what's worn by group tanks. While tanking luck is not as much as a factor. The highest AC ear is 293 AC.

So while DPS classes are complaining that they have to delete the shoulders/ring next expansion. Group tanks are complaining because they have to keep TBL gear next expansion.

Seriously LOL at your comment:
    As a person that raids I suggest rogues to upgrade their RoS raid gear without luck to the group gear with luck if it puts them over the 10 luck to the next level.
    OldCa61 and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. Dewey Augur

Yes. Depending on the class that is exactly what is being said. The shoulders and ring become trash next expansion. No one said every mage should do this....

The attackon the chase items is the same as the attack on group gear/raid gear. The heroic dex on the chase loot is lacking as well. My heroic dex on my belt is 94. That's a group belt Fractured Gear Set. My heroic dex on my shoulder's is 92. That's with full augs.

For spell damage per say on my raid cloak it's 130. For spell damage on my chase shoulders is 127.

I would delete the chase shoulders/ring in a heartbeat for a group geared item with 10 luck. It would be the smart thing to do.
  15. Lianeb Augur

I have to wonder to myself.
    How many people in EQ can actually see .32% of an increase in their dps.
    I mean what are talking here an increase of 960 dps if you do 300k?
  16. Riou EQResource

It is just trying to min/max yourself, if you can squeeze more out, then you add more, and more is better :p
  17. Dewey Augur

Can you see the difference in tanking from having your ldon 35 ac aug equipped into your shield?

Would you tell a new person to place the 35 AC aug into their shield? Or would you tell them to just go with the heroic aug?
    Tucoh likes this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

I can tell the difference in the compounded 50 or so gameplay elements that EQ has that provide a 1/3rd of a % of difference.

EQ's inclusion of all these elements is what keeps me coming back to it. Most other games streamline character power to a brief handful of elements.
  19. Lianeb Augur

Funny thing is know some tanks that do just that. And they tank just fine.
    Doing so is also not a loss in some major other stats.

Have you actually parsed out the difference in max ToV luck and not maxed ToV luck because of chase items?

That I would be interested in verse this “sky is falling” for everyone tactic.
  20. Dewey Augur

So if they do just fine; then why do you sir have it equipped in your magelo? Why not just delete it and put in a heroic aug.

Let's check that girl pally leader of yours. Let's see if she has an AC aug in the shield. In fact let's go through your guilds tanks and see exactly what tanks don't have this AC aug. BRB with the list.