Swarm pets and Shaman Aura

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkman, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Monkman Augur

Nothing like 25+ gigantic werewolf swarm pets to start the raid night off
  2. Maedhros High King

It is possible to pet buff block it. Did that for my bard. Block group pact of the wolf form.

However yes, until it is blocked by the players base, its like a scene from Underworld.
    Allayna likes this.
  3. Lubianx Augur

The illusion also lands on mercs. What's the point of having difference merc skins if they are always in werewolf form if there is a shammy in the group
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Can you block on swarm?
  5. Lianeb Augur

Blocking it on the pet blocks it on the swarm
    Skewert, Angahran and IblisTheMage like this.
  6. Goodn Augur

The new shaman Pact of the Wolf is not an aura (at least not in the traditional sense). As far as I can tell, it doesn't run out and the range is unlimited in zone (at least I haven't found a range yet).

I would not be surprised if this was a test of a new way to do auras as they seem to want to change everything these days.

I would also not be surprised if this was adding to the instancing issues we've been having because it's gotta be putting load on the servers constantly checking group members with the shaman. Even across a zone, the aura comes and goes pretty much instantly as a player is added or dropped from the shaman's group.
  7. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

As a shaman this irritates me to no end.

I picked the merc models I have as homages to friends that I used to group with way back in the glory days. Now I always have werewolves and no way to block it for my merc. Blocked it right away for myself and my dog but can't do it for the merc.
  8. Pzoresh New Member

But if it lands on swarm pets, that is 10k hp extra to the pets + 75% haste to them....haven't parsed if the dps is increased ;-)
  9. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I have nothing negative to say about the buff itself, I love the increase obviously. The illusion is just obnoxious. If the illusion is the price to pay to keep the buff I'll pay it.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

Just block the illusion?
  11. Sancus Augur

I feel like they didn't take swarm pets into account with this change. 75% haste is massive for them, and is quite literally a 75% DPS increase (60% increase if they had Bard Aura). I can't believe that was their goal. If it was, for the love of God put it on something other than a Shaman Aura I'll never get :(
    Dzarn, Playful and GoneFission like this.
  12. Stephen51 Augur

Illusion may land on mercs, but the beneficial spell part does not.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The illusion is a separate buff, so you can just block the illusion part and still retain the buff. I'll admit I did get a kick out of all the werewolfs on raids the other night!! Overall this was a great change imo, once players get the illusion blocked for their swarm pets it should be an overall increase for raids.
  14. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

How do you block it on bard swarm pets? Or wizard swarm etc as they don’t have a pet to pet buff block it via.
  15. Nniki Augur

[IMG]

[IMG]

/blockspell add pet 30707
    Skewert and Thoxsel like this.
  16. Pzoresh New Member

Finally got around to make a small parse.

Fighting combat dummy, lvl 110, AC 702.

Rk 12 out of 19, of the swarm pet AA, last for 90 sec:
    Without aura: SK`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 98845
    With aura: SK`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 166971
    Close to 70% damage/dps increase

Got a few more ranks in swarm pet AA, now rk. 15 out of 19, last for 105 sec: Fighting with dummy facing pets
    Without aura: SK's pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 311451
    With aura: SK`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 472573
    Fighting dummy facing away:
    Without aura: SK`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 291673
    With Aura: SK`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 473049
    Average dmg increase: 57%

Got rk. 35 out of 40, last for 60 sec:
    Fighting with dummy facing shaman and pets:
    Without aura: Shaman`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 174317
    With aura:Shaman`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 206706. Fun fact - shaman swarm pets die to ripost when hasted by aura and hitting in the front :oops:.

Fighting dummy from the back: Parsed several times due to the big difference
    Without aura: Shaman`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 174795
    Without aura: Shaman`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 200459
    Without aura: Shaman`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 186333
    With aura: Shaman's pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 442705
    With aura: Shaman`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 323019
    With aura: Shaman`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 350565
    Average increase in dps around 99%

Shaman proc pet spell, Pack of Mirtuk rk1 - 1 proc, fighting in the back:
    Without aura: Shaman`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 39339
    With aura: Shaman`s pet -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 55028
    Around 40% increase

I think it is safe to say that having aura on pets deffently is a big dps increase for pets. Especially since the aura is zone wide. And with other people showing how to block the illusion, well then it is deffently a nice change to the AA :D.

How much the extra damage will amount to in a nights boxing is questionable. The extra dmg could just as easy be done with one more dot now and then. But every bit helps and makes it more fun :). For real petclasses that use rumbling pets etc like mage, bst, necro it might add more in a nights play.

Disclaimer: Only done a few parses on each pet with and without aura. So these parses are not precise or give the correct ansver and it will be different against live mobs etc. Only done with SK and shaman swarm pets. Not parsed Bards, bsts, mages, necros, enchanters (sorry if I forget any other classes) so can't know the full extent of the dps increase.
  17. Aurmoon Augur

Nice to see the shaman class able to add additional aDPS to mages / necros when they historically were a very melee focused aDPS class. I personally welcome abilities that encourages group making beyond Clerics + Tanks, Druid + Casters, and Shaman + Melee.
  18. Ghubuk Augur

Trying to figure how the sk pet is getting so much extra damage as it would normally have haste on it anyway. Unless you are talking difference between unhasted pet and one with aura?
  19. Sancus Augur

First, there are wild swings in those numbers. Especially with swarm pets, you can't really do that short a parse. Something like 1800s is kinda a minimum if you're looking for % increase.

Second, it's not rocket science to figure out how much this adds. The entirety of swarm pet damage comes from melee DPS. Swarm pets have no haste (or 100% base swing rate). If they swing 75% faster, they will do 75% more damage. If they have Bard Aura, they'd be going from 125% to 200%, which is a 60% overall increase in the number of swings they do while alive.

And yeah, I'm assuming the SK pet is actually a swarm pet? Haste doesn't stack, so this does nothing for main pets.
  20. Pzoresh New Member

Talking about swarm pets. Just checked, SK swarm pets get buffed with Venom Claw leech, it increase accuracy by 70%, it doesnt haste them. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=36854
    Skewert likes this.