Strange XP problem, someone help please!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by SubduedVek, Nov 3, 2016.

1. SubduedVek New Member

Ok so I'm recently returned. I've decided to create a new 4-box for fun on FV.

Here's my setup:
    45 SK with a J1 Tank Merc
    45 Cleric with a J1 Tank Merc
    45 Enchanter
    45 Wizard

I am not using any exp potions, or lesson of the devoted. I checked the fellowship settings and none of the toons are sharing xp. All 4 toons are within PBAE range of each other during kills. They're all 45 so there's no AA slider (although I did check the Auto Enable AA buttons on all 4). All 4 accounts are set up as ALL Access and they're all Silver Accounts otherwise.

I kill a mob in the Hole: My SK and Enchanter get 7% xp, my cleric and wizard get 4% xp. This has consistently happened for a full 1.5 levels. I tried camping out, starting a new group, zoning. Nothing is helping. I can't figure this out and it's driving me nuts. I started all the toons at level 44 this morning within 5% xp of each other and now the SK and Enchanter are at like 60% xp into level 45 and the other two are barely level 45 at all.

It's driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas of what could be happening? Thanks!
  2. oldandnasty Augur

Racial/class bonus? Are they different races? I believe they took out detrimental modifiers but left the positive ones in.
  3. Tyreel Augur

IIRC This is caused from a combo of two things done to the game.

1. The removal of Race/Class Exp. penalties. They did not actually get removed just balanced out so you get penalized since it is part of the hard code then you get a 'bonus' to offset the penalty.

2. Plus Exp. is weird at some levels due to work done to remove hell levels.

From 40~60 range exp rates will be all over the map due to the interaction of the 2 mods on the 'hard coded' experience gains. You will probably see the wizard/cleric out pace the chanter/sk slightly in levels not ending with 0's or 5's.
  4. SubduedVek New Member

It hasn't gotten better after a few levels. My SK and ENC are now at 47 and my CLR and WIZ are still stuck in 45. It's a drastic difference in xp amounts. As far as race are concerned, my SK is iksar and the ENC is high elf. The CLR is DE and the WIZ is Gnome.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

6. Yruc Augur

I was coming here to post something similar. I have a druid and a rogue I am leveling up. They are always grouped. The druid is always always 7-10% behind when the rogue dings a new level. I got to 12. I restarted different races and still the same thing the druid is always behind on the xp. I don't think it is a leader xp bonus as I switch the leader between the 2... So not sure what is going on.
  7. SubduedVek New Member

Ok, so I wasn't aware they removed hell levels and tried to rebalance the class/race penalties. However, with that said, it still doesn't make sense that a gnome wizard is receiving almost half the xp per kill of a high elf enchanter. From what I can recall, there was never any penalties/bonuses for those combos.
  8. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Is one of them a halfling?
  9. SubduedVek New Member

Now my SK and ENC are level 51 and my CLR and WIZ are level 48 still. This is crazy. Daybreak hasn't responded to my petition since yesterday, either.

EXP bonuses and penalties were never even close to what's happening here. I'm literally getting double the exp on two toons than I am on the other two.
  10. SubduedVek New Member

Ok, I wasn't aware there was double exp going on. I just started leveling these toons yesterday, starting from level 45. I think that explains it: two of my toons are getting double xp and two aren't. Anyone know how to fix that besides waiting for a petition to be answered? Thanks!
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

have you checked your logs to make sure all toons are getting the EXP text after a win.

Is the puller too far a way? Is the cleric healing from to far away or not getting argo?
    Distace can be X/Y/Z maybe too high above to get EXP.

some Class get a Bonus
    some races get a Bonus

your too low for AA issues.

Far as I know the merc share EXP from the group not who has them.
    Yes Merc will take EXP away from the group.
  12. Yruc Augur

The first group, the druid was a halfling, the one that was always behind the barbarian. I restarted and did a half elf druid and another barbarian and still the druid is lagging behind... that's with either both having mercs or no mercs...
  13. Annastasya Augur

At some point in EQ's history there was code implemented where a character in a group taking no action during a fight- either aggressive against the target or to help someone fighting it via buffs or heals would get no or greatly reduced share of the experience. i don't recall how much of this was rumor or testing but i do recall a time where i could see the difference playing my cleric during sessions where we would fight the same mobs over and over and my AA exp bar would not move (or move much less) per mob when i did nothing during a fight.

i don't know if they reversed that or it just never happens anymore, but if i were you experiencing this issue id try to make sure my boxed characters were not invisible, far away, or otherwise off the mob's aggro list. Try having them take at least one aggressive action per fight- a heal or a debuff or any amount of damage will do.
    svann likes this.