Stop Creating Prog Servers - End use on zek.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Bronut Augur

See the title, i mean really, wtf, how many years has it been since the last sweep?

So many people want to be a part of zek and can not because you have to run if you want a level playing ground (seeing as about 90% of zek uses it).

3 years ago there were 3 raid guilds on zek, now there are 0, good job.
  2. Sokon Augur

thanks for making some pvp videos Bronut, i've watched them :p
  3. fransisco Augur

I think you're saying its hard to level there, but I'm not totally sure.
  4. Anhari Augur

I Bet he is complaining because people are leaving the Zek server in order to play on a progression server. I wonder if this is because people don't really like PvP in Everquest. Remember the game was NEVER designed to be a PVP game. It is tuned for PvE, and PvP was added only because the player based asked for it.,

Even back in the early days, using the PoD to change to PvP was not used very oftenn, and usually was because a noob turned in his book, not realizing what it meant! (and it was a one way ticket to a red name :p)
    EnchFWO likes this.
  5. Pootle Elder

While PvP may be unbalanced on Zek, and really who would even be able to balance all the classes... good old Guild'v'Guild battles for contested raid targets were awesome back in the day. I have a lot of great memories of the years spent on Vallon Zek..
  6. Reval Augur

I don't see how it's hard to miss what he's talking about here.

He wants them to get hacking off of Zek so that PvP can be fun there. I know a lot of people who's stance is that PvP is fun when there is no involved, and that don't like that crap. Get that crap out of the game. at least, at the very least, absolute minimum here get it out of the game on the PvP server. There are still a ton of other servers where it doesn't matter * as much * but still hurts the game. But on pvp it's awful that it would ever be allowed to be honest.

Granted now the population for that server is just getting lower. This is unfortunate. But if you wanted to fix that, you should have done something about the hackers =/.
    Xulore and Squire like this.
  7. Tweak Journeyman

There was a point in time when I actively tried to get any and all cheaters removed from Zek. I no longer do that for two reasons.

1. Theres no meeting you half way with these guys...Daybreak has zero interest in tracking down accused hackers and doing any type of actual detective work.
    2. If on some ultra rare occasion they do catch a cheater and ban the toon it does nothing to stop the same person from continuing to cheat on a different toon. Which pretty much renders any action we take meaningless.

I know for a fact there are people on Zek who love the server so much they would gladly track down and remove these types of players, purely on a volunteer basis, if they were given the tools to do so. Sadly though I think the population has gotten too bad to fix and you SHOULD start another progression server...a pvp progression server..then you can give us free transfers off of Zek.;)
    Wayylon and Xulore like this.
  8. Xulore Lorekeeper

You would be wrong, talking about the resources pf the company being used to create a bunch of prog servers, and cant find the time to ip and account ban the cheaters
  9. Febb Augur

They are more worried about turning a profit with a large amount of subs for the progression servers than losing a tiny amount of subs on a already dead pvp server.
  10. smash Augur

I guess people do not want to play on Zek, as much as on a prog server.

And I doubt you would have had many more on Zek even without prog server. It has been dying for very very long time.
  11. Rauven Augur

Raiding NPC's is PVE not PVP.

PVPers left Zek because there's better PVP games out there. Not because they wanted to PVE on a TLP server.
  12. Kivi New Member

Do they still allow people to go pvp on normal servers? Recruit a bunch of the clean pvpers left and move to a tlp server. turn in your books or activate pvp and just play as a subgroup. If you can keep it fun and fair you may recruit bluebies to your red ranks. I think the dwindling pvp population on this game pretty much guarantees you will never see a new server dedicated to it.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

...or, a pvp progression server?! The people are totally clamoring for it.

Two birds, one derp.
  14. Reval Augur

Rauven is wrong. Having strong raid forces on Zek to get gear for pvp was much more rewarding than just a flat pve server's pve. Think about it. Every piece of gear you get matters so much more when you use it to fight other players. Wanting there to be strong raiding guilds on a pvp server makes sense, and Rauven's post was pretty misguided and shortsighted in that regard.

But I do know a lot of people that left because hacking existed there. A lot. A loooooot.

Kivi's post is a bit off because as you look at the forum, some people must have already tried this only to find the priest of discord is broken now, and that the feature does not work. I personally don't see the appeal of priest of discording it, a real pvp server would be better. You're going to want heals and buffs from other players at some point, and it simply divides the population of a server too much.
  15. icreepin New Member

i haven't played in years do to a medical issue when i first started playing eq i played on prexus then i moved to sullon zek then zek. the hackers that you say are not being delt with are truly ruining the game for everyone. to cheat at a game truly shows a person has no life. eq originally was not designed for pvp but when you look at it pvp is a central part of any MMO why because in pvp you not only fight against the game but other humans. now my thought the reason daybreak doesn't go after the hackers is simple money the more players the more money they make each month get rid of the hackers then you get rid of a lot of money. i remember when a person was caught hacking not only was the person suspended or banded but the whole server turned against the person. doing all of the research i have done when seriously thinking about coming back having mercs so you can solo makes me go wow i remember when eq first came out the thought was killing a dragon would take the whole server now it seems like those types of mobs can be soloed. having instance raids why the whole thought of killing a mob was waiting for the mob to respawn if your guild or your group didn't get there in time either move on to something else or camp the mob and wait it out. now 3 guilds can do the same raid is that really what eq was meant to be?
  16. jeskola pheerie

S
    Yes, stop using your limited resources on things that generate significant income and instead use them on this one thing that is a drop in the ocean of eq income. I am sure the execs at Columbus Nova would approve!
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Reval Augur

It gets to a point where any resource use is too much, and then you can't even have a game.

The hackers have obviously ruined it. Obviously in the future if there are hackers, obviously get rid of them so you can have a game going into the future.

And if you want to improve Zek at this point, that's got to be the first step. Hacking ruins your game Daybreak. You're trying to eat sugar for energy, have something a bit healthier so you can last.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

I would server transfer from zek and transfer everyone else caught cheating on zek with no way back end of story.
  19. Agrippa Augur

I rerolled my monk three times before Firiona Vie unlocked more than one character. The fourth monk flagged discord and was an officer in Qet Narev for a good while. Pulling Anguish certainly had its challenges when I was the only red player in raids. Qet Narev had a pretty strict honor code and when the guild leader left the game it kind of died out. Being the only red player on the server for close to six months wasn't the peak of fun at all.

How did they kill flagging discord exactly? The book just doesn't work now? I mean what exactly is stopping the real Zek players from transferring off and going discord on a server that they can monitor themselves?
  20. icreepin New Member

i remember when eq first came and you had to actually invest time to level and there were the hell levels where you got experience less in that level then the other levels. i remember when some people boxed so they could level there main character because looking for groups took time. to know where your going you have to know where you came from rather then release server after server eq should have less servers which means more players and go back to the system that the original eq developers had more time spent on playing means more fun means greater accomplishments. when eq was the way it was originally designed you had eq responsible for divorces and marriages you also had people actually developing friendships.
    Shadva Del`Shai likes this.