Still Possible to Molo in 2020?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slayerwolf, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Slayerwolf Elder

Hey all,

Been away a little while and was thinking of coming back for Torment of Velious. Is it still possible to molo (not box) tier 1 group named for gear/spell runes/money assuming you are fully group tier 1/2 geared of the same xpac? Assuming max AA or close-to.

If so, what class(es) can still do it? Much appreciated!
  2. Zamiam Augur

I dont have ToV yet .. so take what i say with a grain of salt ..

If any class could do it would be Mage , bst or Necro .. Mage prolly has best chance

necro , bst prolly has better survivability if stuff hits the fan ..

I'm sure you might get some people here who say it can be done on any toon . im sure that toon is raid geared then ..

2cp
  3. Cicelee Augur

Well this should be a fun thread to follow...
    Mediik and Eggolas like this.
  4. Mediik Augur

So I understand.

Your thinking of coming back to TOV with already geared TOV group toon. To molo tov named...

Yes. First activate your subscription and come back and play eq because it’s fun. Then, Let us Know what you find , so I can also molo that named for a couple weeks before the devs can nerf it.

seems legit right?
  5. Slayerwolf Elder

Apologies. I only play/have played on Firiona Vie, and I forget that the other servers don't have the same rules. I should be able to buy t1 gear cheap in the bazaar. I'm fairly certain I have enough money left in my coffers from back in the day. So, it should only take a couple mil to get fully decked out in t1 gear (or so I would assume from past experience).

Reason I want to be able to molo ToV named is b/c I (for family reasons) don't have time to group/raid (always afk due to small kids, etc.) Therefore, the only thing to do once you hit max aa is to stare at the wall or farm PP to buy better gear, which really feels so empty to me. I'd like something that could take some named down.
  6. enclee Augur

T1 ToV is very cheap on FV send me a PM and I’ll grab the expansion specific vendor pieces for the combines for you.
    Slayerwolf likes this.
  7. Slayerwolf Elder

Thank you!! But, I'm here to find the right class to play, so I'm pretty sure I'm a terribly long way away from getting that gear on! :) Maybe a couple months? :p
  8. Mediik Augur

Well if your from FV, I guess it depends on how much money you are willing to spend?.. What happens in FV stays in FV..
    Yinla likes this.
  9. enclee Augur

That’s fine just let me send a PM here, when it’s time.
  10. Mediik Augur

I don’t think the time commitment to raiding is as extreme these days. Moloing a named isn’t going to be any longer than a raid imho. Certainly these first 2 tiers of raids.. hah! I’m actually surprised there’s been a thread yet.
  11. Tucoh Augur

I don't know what class is best for moloing named while having t1 group gear, but moloing is a pretty boring way to play EQ. If you're not looking to box or group, there are better games out there to play, frankly.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

I highly doubt it is possible. I've certainly never seen or heard of anyone doing it. (also I've not read any of the responces yet either..)
  13. Zamiam Augur

ya , also no one is gonna come out on forums and spill the beans if they did molo a named in ToV ..
  14. Slayerwolf Elder

Yes, I just realized you are right. God forbid that people in full tier 2 group gear can molo a tier 1 named for worse gear than they're wearing with perfect play and max AA. Sigh. But, even if it's possible, probably no one will tell me. Puts me in a tough spot. Not sure what to play. :(
  15. bucktoof Journeyman

Beastlord, period. Made one from level 1 a month ago, already level 114, and can easily tank and molo (pet tank that is, only EM21 ear also) T2 tov giants.. named might need an extra healer merc.. honestly haven't tried it but as a few mentioned i believe already, beastlord or mage your best bet. I'm saying beastlord > mage but whatever i'm sure mages will cry.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

It is possible for a couple of classes. SK, pally, mage, bst, necro, possibly some more. Knowing how to play the class is a bigger difference than t1/2 group than to raid gear.
  17. Cicelee Augur

You mean to tell me there is more to playing a class than auto attack?!?!?
  18. Maedhros High King

Skill is by far the most important factor. Gear helps but all the gear in the world does not make a bad player a good one.
    If you think you should be able to log on after years away, buy some gear from the cesspit FV bazaar and suddenly molo current T1 name mobs, then quite frankly I think that's pathetic.
    Another factor is familiarity. If you didn't earn your gear the hard way and you lack experience in the recent change/ nerfs/ new spell lines and AA then you also have that to overcome... can't buy skill or experience in the FV bazaar.
    svann, Celephane and Cicelee like this.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

Not for you my friend, auto attack with that pet is a win button for mages :)~
  20. Cloud the Third Augur

Well a group geared SK can tank and kill raid trash mobs for augs without a merc and just 1 extra dps. It is a little slow since you have to wait for disciplines to keep coming back up but hey 2 toons no healer or slower killing raid instance trash so outside raids with merc healer you should have no problem.
    Celephane likes this.