Should RPers be allowed to make gnome paladins on Agnarr launch? (yes)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnomey, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Gnomey Journeyman

Before you answer! Let us consider this issue together!

1st off, RPers won't break the server by being too awesome as paladins. Gnomes know they need to control their power.... so they won't solo dragons out of fear they might destroy the world.

2nd, gnomes are awesome and bring joy to everyone! A gnome paladin though? EVEN BETTER!

3rd - People will see all the joy happening from the gnomes and want to sign up even more accounts! Daybreak would make so much money!!!

4th, don't allow SKs because SKs are dumb.

5th....gnomes are amazins! There can never be enough gnomes!!

6th through 82nd are just variations on point 5.

So, as you can see, clearly there is every reason to allow RPers to make gnome paladins at the start of Agnarr. Make people apply for this honor though, and then a GM bless some paladin with gnomeness.

I'm glad we all came to the same conclusion.
  2. Kinlin Lorekeeper

GO GO GOOD TEAM!!
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

After giving each point its due consideration, the only conclusion i can come to is a resounding 'no' because....gnome.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

Why allow gnome paladins now when they can make $25 in Luclin by forcing you to race change.
    Somnium Wintersun, Rhodz and Reht like this.
  5. Gnomey Journeyman

Because RPers bring joy to everyone!!

And also, I would pay the 25$ now to start as a gnome :eek:
  6. Rhodz Augur

Thus is life stuck in the mud of Classic
  7. Kahna Augur

You want to RP right? Just play an Erudite who identifies as a gnome and is saving up for his transition.
  8. Gnomey Journeyman

That is my plan B....but I don't know that I could survive the 12 months of race dysphoria :<
  9. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I am a fan of let all the available class/race combo's just release with classic. Race's themselves like frogs and drakkin's can release with their own expansions but no reason to lock froglok monk behind VoA or RoF.
    snailish likes this.
  10. Akimo Elder

Goburs is that you?
  11. snailish Augur

Lorewise there is probably a case for more race/class combos in classic than ever exist in the game (half elf should have the full deity, class and starter city range of humans at least... if not all elven races as well for one example), let alone the handful of options that open up at various times.

I agree that aside from continental lore based races (Vah Shir, Froglok, Drakkin) that don't appear in Norrath prior to their expac (aside from that jarringly out of era soulbinder in EC tunnel to name one) there isn't a strong story argument to keep the other combos later-locked. It's not like in game events accompany the unlocks for these combos.

Racechange potions probably make the $ argument difficult to overcome. Now if people stopped paying to change at the unlocks...
  12. smash Augur

No .
    Then a million come with reasons for other types

Example dark elf ranger, gnome beast. And so on.
  13. Basak Augur

The question was to have them at launch, not to add them as you stated 'Dark Elf Ranger' etc. Gnome Paladins are a thing on other servers, just not likely on Agnarr launch because it was a later addition.
  14. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

You guys are basically arguing over the EverQuest equivalent of a Winamp skin (remember those?)
  15. smash Augur

But then you could say the same about having beastlord, zerker.... and more, since they also added later.
  16. Gnomey Journeyman

Except gnome paladins are one of the first additional class supports (they come at the end of velious).

Also a gnome paladin isn't a high demand race / class combo....so it won't throw off the "classic feeling", because you MIGHT see one them while playing for a week. My guess is the total server count of gnome paladins at start would be less than 10.

Paladins are underplayed....and gnome paladins stats are horrible (dwarf paladins WAY outshine them). So, basically, this is such a tiny difference that just a couple more heavy roleplayers would use (like me!). Then we could do roleplay stuff, like make threads about adventure or even great EQ movies!
  17. Basak Augur

I know. That isn't what I was responding to however. I was responding to the statement of Dark Elf Rangers and Gnome beast.
  18. Rhodz Augur

Hey I wish it opened at PoP but no, one rule for everyone no cash buyout no returns :)