Server Downtime: Weds, Jan 20 @ 5:30 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 5:30AM Pacific* for an update. Servers will be unavailable for approximately four hours.

UPDATE: There were additional issues we identified after this patch, and the team is currently working to address these now.

Once available, notes for this update can be found here.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
    nolan081100 likes this.
  2. VorpalBunnie New Member

Ref: Server downtime for updates. Since everyone around the world has different schedules and prime game times, instead of constantly bringing servers down at the same time each month, could you possibly use a "rolling clock" method?? In other words, each month do it an hour ahead (or behind as long as done the same each month) so that instead of one group getting screwed out of their prime time each month, it gets spread out so that every group gets hit once every two years. If there is a valid reason for the particular time chosen, then that is fine, but post it so people who are wandering about this situation can put their minds to rest. Note this doesn't affect me personally as my schedule is inconsistent anyway, but it does bother me as far as its effect on other players around the world who are getting hit each and every month. Each and every player once every two years versus same group each and every month seems like a valid solution and anyone who then cries about it does not have a leg to stand on since EVERYONE would be getting the same hit.
  3. Kiillz Augur

Like that idea since I get hit each and every time since its my day off, but it will never happen.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  4. kyong Augur

Hoping you live patch the rogue backstab damage on Tarantella on the 20th. Your test patch brought it up to 58 (which is the damage from about 5 expansions ago) but should be around 80. I posted about it on the test patch bugs.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  5. Derd Augur

It's really not hard to understand why patches are done at the time they are. The staff works day shift, that's really all you need to remember.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  6. Kiillz Augur

its really not hard to understand either hoping for other days, understanding WHY they do it at what time is not the issue.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  7. Nolrog Augur

It's not so much the day shift. Downtime is scheduled for 5:30 in the morning, which is several hours before the day shift starts. They do it at that time because that's when populations are at the lowest, so it impacts the least amount of people.
  8. Derd Augur

That I'm sure is also part of the reason, but having your staff either arriving at work a few hours early, or at normal start time just as most patches are finishing the install. Is easily the most non disruptive for a small staff to maximize it's work schedule, while not having to double up or skip a shift entirely.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  9. TibalMurphy Elder

WRU patch notez!
    nolan081100 likes this.
  10. Evilash Journeyman

Take a look at the patch notes for test to get an idea of what may be coming
    nolan081100 likes this.
  11. Nalinee New Member

Someone was saying in ventrilo last night, that there was going to be a huge change in focus effects for gear in this new patch. I havent seen anything yet about it. Can anyone confirm?
    nolan081100 likes this.
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

nolan081100 likes this.
  13. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Well, we Europeans are screwed with the patch times - for us the patch starts at 2:30 PM and ends 6:30 PM, just half an hour before raid prime time ...
    nolan081100 likes this.
  14. fortuneteller Augur

Well, its nothing new, it was there at first patch, and it will be there last patch.
    Gyurika Godofwar and nolan081100 like this.
  15. Fnyanea Augur

For the first 14 years of EQ, the patches were at 7-8ish PM Australian time. Now they are 11-12ish PM. I like it :)
    nolan081100 likes this.
  16. Tvarian Augur

I shake my head every time I see post replies like these. Generally speaking, people whine & cry because things need fixing, and then when some fixes get put into the game, people whine and cry because it's fixed at an inconvenient time. It will ALWAYS be inconvenient for some people, that cannot be avoided. Stop complaining and be glad fixes are going live, YAY!

It's not like this patch just appeared last minute out of the blue either. It's been posted now for a while, so there are no excuses for guilds to make other arrangements and reschedule if a patch lands on their normal raid times. As far as time of day goes, if Daybreak is doing it at the overall lowest server population time of day, then kudos to them. I know that coming in really early to do work in order to accommodate others is a sacrifice on their part. If anyone should grumble, it would be the devs who have to change their daily routine whenever a patch is ready to go. I know I'd grumble if I had to come in really early at my job... most people do. As for rotating time of day to do it, I think that's not a good idea if they are trying to affect the least amount of players. They could rotate days of the week that the patch is done, which may lesson the effect on guilds with set raiding days, but I would think that would be probably restricted to a Mon-Wed, giving a couple extra days for emergency patches in case they are needed. Because hey, who wants to work all week and then come in on their weekend for emergency patches? I wouldn't want to.

So while everyone else is whining about the downtime, here's a thumbs up and a "thanks for the fixes" to the devs!

And before anyone says anything... No I have nothing to do with Daybreak, and yes today's patch is affecting my game play time.
  17. Lily Augur

Did I miss it in the patch notes, or can type 5 augs now be placed in cultural armor?
    nolan081100 likes this.
  18. Animosity Elder

No update on Plane of Hate instances on Phinny? I wanna kill Innoruuk damnit!
    nolan081100 likes this.
  19. Narogg Augur

Did I miss the boat? I did not think TBM released a set of crafted cultural armor.
    Are you referring to the SLOT 5 TYPE 21 aug slot on old August Armor?
    The augs in TBM are SLOT 1 TYPE 5 they will never fit into the old August armor.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  20. Lily Augur

I'd forgotten that. Thanks
    nolan081100 likes this.