Server Downtime: Tues, May 19 @ 6:00 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 18, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 6:00AM Pacific* for the May update and Ragefire server prep. Servers will be unavailable for approximately two hours.

Patch Notes for this update can be found here.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
    Zoom likes this.
  2. Baulkin Augur

I fear this doesn't get said enough... Thank you for the hard work your team has done to make Ragefire happen and your continued work to keep the wheels of Everquest turning.
  3. Jadefox Augur

That search function for the A-loot will be nice.
    --Jade
  4. Iila Augur

You guys should add the changes to Scintillating beam, SK taps, SK timer conflict changes, and bard charm to the patch note.

The change to scintillating beam is a nerf to a current skill that players might be using.

The SK and bard changes are positive things that player will want to know about.
    Silv likes this.
  5. tentimes Elder

What time will Ragefire be up please?
  6. Feradach Augur

Tomorrow afternoon.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

Sine they wont, can you enlighten us :) curious minds want to know.

edit: found the post linking to changes on the test patch, they increased the range from 150 to 200 for Dire taps
  8. Iila Augur

Range on the SK Dire line increased from 150 to 200

SK Blight line changed from timer 1 to timer 8
    SK Undivided line changed from timer 8 to timer 5
    SK Last Breath line put on timer 8
    (Fixes the Blight line causing Harmshield to lockout. Did not add any new timer conflicts)

Increased range on mid level bard charm songs from 30 to 75

Scintillating Beam Ranks 7, 8 and 9 are all changed to mez 104. Previously they mezed up to 101, 103, and 105, respectively.
  9. Istvaaan New Member

Does the May patch being released today mean Ragefire will be open earlier tomorrow?
  10. Deadlyne Elder

Hopefully, no.
  11. Barton The Mischievous

This is the last thing Roshen said about that

12. Mintalie Augur

Enchanters got bent over big time.
  13. Nightmares Augur

As a 105 enchanter on The Rathe server I have a few thoughts about the chanter changes.
    1.) the changes to Gift of Hazy Thoughts is nice, 3% increased chance to proc and 5 ranks increased on output. Very nice. ( kinda annoying about the cast times and no mana free casts working, but that was just fluff.) I do think that the lv 85 minimum is a nice increase of range for the AA to proc, as I had never seen it proc for spells under 95 ( or at least I never noticed this, ever).
    2.) Mind crystals: my thoughts go 3 ways here honestly:
    1 sec cast time, doubled mana cost, adding a 5 min recast timer from a 0.0 second recast timer ( and shared timer no less)
    No matter how you look at this, it will affect how some chanters play. A whole lot? that is debatable.
    a.) some use them in middle of combat repeatedly to tank ( this will stop that). so many will not be delighted, to say the least.
    b.) chanters shouldn't be called upon to tank in the first place, we're a cloth class, it goes out of alignment with class balancing. ( even though I like to tank on my chanter when I need to cover for my group when situations happen and they need a few seconds).
    c.) I don't really use these all that much personally, just when a need arises, which I try to avoid, as that's when things can get dicey. Usually use them as wild cards if/when necessary.
    As some are aware, the hate gain on casting our runes can at times guarantee an enchanter will keep agro in a fight, These mind crystals were a way for chanters to try and sustain themselves without gaining too much more hate while tanks worked on gaining agro again. I can see a lot of more reserve enchanters looking at these changes and dropping their dps casting activities a lot to compensate, which will hurt groups in general ( especially with Gift of Hazy thoughts being a proc off of casting spells). But I believe that is why they increased that AA ability to compensate. However this will effect a lot of other play styles that enchanters work hard to learn and enjoy as well. ( I personally like to use Sanguine mind crystals to heal up when I am low hp and almost Full mana. Usually bring them to about equal levels using them after a fight then med the rest, reducing my downtime).
    As I see this it's an inconvenience in some situations, but not a class breaker. However I would have either: increased rune amounts, lowered rune recast delay, or decreased rune casting cost to offset this imbalance slightly.

As for: Scintillating Beam Ranks 7, 8 and 9 are all changed to mez 104. Previously they mezed up to 101, 103, and 105, respectively.
    Are these changes being implemented? I personally think that lowering the last rank 1 level can actually be quite devastating in many places in TDS, as well as any future expansions and their related upgrades in the future. It's not like the game wasn't created to be a pain in the butt for us to begin with, but a ton of the encounters and raids have been tuned down due to difficulty, and you are going to implement something that will just increase that frustration again? Bi-Polar much?(no flame intended).
    Anyways thanks for listening.
    Sincerely,
    Morganna Le`Fay
    The Rathe (Prexus) Server
    P.S. Oh as an enchanter, I do tend to be a bit CDO ( thats OCD in alphabetically order). As such I was wondering if it would at all be possible to assign spell buffs ( by type or something) to particular buff slots in the active buff window? I tend to freak a little when they aren't in a particular order ( it's extremely helpful for easily seeing which buffs you have and which you need because the order never changes). It's just a thought, but I know a lot of players that are the same way. and I do mean a LOT.
  14. guado Augur

Please restore the tradeskill NPCs in Plane of Knowledge near the small bank.
    Nightmares likes this.
  15. Nightmares Augur

Aye, the Newer trade skill merchants in Plane of Knowledge ( located at southern trader building) are all gone. Rendering a LOT of recipes useless due to a few of these venders being only venders in game that had particular supplies required (including TDS recipes no less).
  16. Nightmares Augur

Wanted to also say:
    ** doubling the mana cost is insane. now at max rank if you summon both, you spend about 30,400 mana... 18,400 for Sanguine Mind crystal that heals for 9,200 and 12k mana for Azure Mind Crystal that recovers 6k mana. No healing class in game uses twice the mana for a heal. That's so ridiculous that it's Ridunculous( ridiculously redundant).
  17. Eckk New Member

I'm not on a progression server, and the vendors in PoK near the bank are missing? Please could you clarify this statement?