Sathyrs Tomb...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pistols4Pandas, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Is a "zone" like my bathroom is a "house" if I put a mattress in the tub and a microwave on top of the toilet.

Really disappointing.
    Tamaden and Slippry like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Its basically a few "raid-arenas", they littered with some trash mobs. Its a neat grind-zone if you get a good group. :)

Its a pain to get there, though.
  3. Pistols4Pandas Elder

I mean, I agree with you about it being a good place to grind... But I feel like they could have done that and also done the other 75% of content which typically personifies a "zone".

It is only only hard to get to if you can't kill 2 golems in HS and double invis.
    fransisco likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True, it feels kinda "small".
    Regarding getting there: I guess most groups can manage it, but if you get invited and need to meet a group already there, then it can be problematic for some classes to get there by themselves.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

I enjoyed the zone, though it was rather sparse as far as quests go (which makes sense given the size, I suppose).

I worked through partisan/mercenary tasks and finished collections/hunter in the last couple of days; most of the time was spent camping the gloriant named until it dropped a neck for me (about 20 hours for 14/15 rings that are effectively the same or lower ac than tier 1 rings~).

That infiltrator named was a pain in the keister with his DoT-absorbing buff, but at least he dropped what I wanted the first time so I didn't have to kill it again (it took me 20+ minutes to kill it).
  6. Wizlard Augur

Well that's pretty much that.
  7. Maedhros High King

It is called Sathir's Tomb, not Sathir's giant freaking airport parking lot.
    Rolaque, DruidCT, feeltheburn and 4 others like this.
  8. segap Augur

Tombs can have lots of catacombs and chambers. It honestly looks like they realized at the last moment they couldn't release an expansion with only 5 zones, so they tossed together the absolute smallest possible zone for marketing to have that 6 to promote.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Maedhros High King

They also did not call it Sathir's tomb and massive catacombs and chambers.
  10. svann Augur

Tombs for the commoners are massive. A tomb for a king and his close family doesnt need to be big.
  11. Nuttann Elder

I like the zone for exp with 3 chars and 3 mercs and have often run lesson there. Since it is small, not a lot of people go there. I don't kill fast, but grab some undead and a blob in first section. As people have said, getting there is not too bad if you can double invis. I was able to do that when I had 2 comps side-by-side and 2 keyboards. I cannot currently do it with the perm invises now as clicking between multiple windows is too slow to change focus and get the click. However, there is Crumblewidget's Death Imitator (a rare I farmed from a SHIP instance) that isn't self-only, so I can cast that on my mage after invis and run him to the entrance and CotH the other two. If my mage had a slow casting clickie to self IVU like from VT, I could use that too.

I avoid the killing live Sarnak as I like keeping faction to move around there since at least some see invis. The only see-invis mobs that agro me I have noticed are the named and the blobs. Beware of people in the zone if they are fighting the green named Sarnak as their directional AE can hit entrance. I almost died there once after dismissing mercs and wasn't paying attention until I looked back in time to heal and gate out. I typically have sound off and don't have GINA running to alert me to anything anyways.

----

The only issue other than the AEs I had there was getting trained twice during one session in the end room trying to spawn the medallion mob. It was weird as there were only about 4 others in zone. Mid-fight at one point as I was cycling casting spells on each of my three toons. All of a sudden I noticed a whole bunch of mobs running around where the pathers go. First thought was that some agro chained and bad pathing, but the ext target window only had the mob that I was fighting. Two mobs added from that train. I was able to evac and send mage back to CotH back to that spot. Room was no longer agroed so I chalked it up to someone accidentally training and started again. Just a minute or so later, the same thing happened and this time it wiped the group. At that point, it didn't feel like an accident so I OOC'ed asking if there was any reason for train. Not getting a response and not knowing whether someone accidentally trained getting an update for the earring quest or if someone did it on purpose, I went back to the camp, rezzed, and ported out for the day. So, thinking about it, someone doing the earring quest is something to watch if in either of the update rooms there.
  12. Scorrpio Augur

How does it compare in size to the other 'ST'?

You know, also a Tomb, but in Velious...
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Astral64 Augur

Dragons tend to be larger than Iksar.
  14. Slippry Augur

There's more arenas in Sleeper's than Sathir's. Even ignoring that Sleeper's is so big that hallways are used as arenas.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Bigstomp Augur

That second map makes me expect to see a bunch of dots and slightly larger dots. Maybe a few ghosts and some pizza shaped creatures missing a slice.
  16. Moege Augur

Besides the size, fun pathing in there !
    fransisco likes this.
  17. Tamaden Elder

LOVE the original post.....Couldn't put it better my self.
  18. YellowBelly Augur

This entire expansion feels like Sathier's Tomb, small and cramped.
  19. fransisco Augur

ya, pathing gets pretty bad in there