Rogue poison to burn through locks on door

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Endless, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Endless Augur

Getting tired of people /telling my rogue they need a door open and I should just want to come there and do it, it'll only take 5 minutes. Please make it so rogues can trade skill a poison that will burn through a lock and allow whatever class to open a locked door once.
  2. Visitor Augur

Won't happen, but, my Shammy has made an explosive to blast these doors open, unfortunately the explosive AOE is extremely dangerous to all levels of characters. Also, my tinker has crafted a device to rip locked doors open, however, it seems that there is a side risk of destabilizing the structure (could be bad in a cave/tunnel).
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

They should just make the A5 work on every locked door that doesn't have a key. Of course, a better option would be to have every locked door have a quested key, but that is more work than just having the A5 open the door.
    Pootle, Tucoh, Brohg and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Kinda silly I can pick a lock, as long as it's not in a door.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

So you can confirm maxing it out wont open doors or at least not all of them? If so you just saved me the wasted time trying to max mine out for that specific reason. Its kind of silly that they would make an item to perform a task and then not have it actually do what it states it does.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Sorry, I can't confirm that. People have said it only works on Call of the Forsaken Heroic Adventure chest locks, but I have not confirmed anything.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I wouldn't be shocked to hear it does not work on every lock since it is intended for use in HA to sense and or disarm traps. Never heard that it could be used outside of that. And its mentioned in its description that "Caster and priest classes get spells which can disarm the same traps as the A5" So if its on the same line as those spells then its just the basic lock picker spell thing like one used to get in LDON's. But it would be nice if someone who has maxed it could comment.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

9. Goodn Augur

Druids and wizards are laughing at you. Until your unwanted unlock tells reach 4 digits (or even the number of your own unsolicited port tells), perhaps you should just grin and bear it.

Heck, any buffing classes are laughing at you...

That said, it would be nice if there were questable keys to doors after a certain level (so the progression servers could still be there own world, but after everything in a zone is gray to a level, a quest becomes available for the key).
  10. Bigstomp Augur

It requires equipping and clicking it to use. You can't both click the item and click a door at the same time.
  11. Axxius Augur

I have a better suggestion: the melee DPS merc is a rogue. Give it the Pick Lock command.
    Tatanka likes this.
  12. svann Augur

In any dungeon that is >10 levels below the player the player should be able to just bust open the door.
    Axxius and Tatanka like this.
  13. Bahdah Augur

I have a great idea for OP, Bring back corpse runs...
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[IMG]
    svann likes this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

Are rogues just that hard to find these days? (honest question)
  16. Tinyfeet Elder

yes because their niche and nuanced utility is unnecessary in 99.9% of modern content and their dps is heavily overshadowed by multiple other classes
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

I don't know about all of that...I hold my own pretty well DPS-wise. Maybe its because I am on Vox and don't have "real numbers" to compare to, but I usually come in top 5 DPS on a 40-50 man raid, only being beat by a few others that have better gear than I and them having fully completed TDS/TBM/EoK progression.

I do know you can't half-a$$ play a rogue and expect amazing results. It requires work and dedication to make them shine. Sure, I have boxes (warrior/bard), but I hardly ever use them because I focus primarily on being a rogue. I make myself useful for my guild, and there is hardly a time I can't find a group.

You talk about niche things, one of the things I have really developed is my skill at rogue pulling. I also help people with quests/tasks that require going in and picking up/clicking stuff, because I can often do that without breaking my hide/sneak, and it beats slogging through countless mobs just to complete a task. No ranger in group? I can go see if a name is up. Ranger in group? I can still go tell you where that mob is in a dungeon, what's up around it, and other strategic things. Loot gets called out in guild, but no CotH available? Come in, die, and I can drag you down and get you rezzed so you can get that item you need (better yet, I can mez bomb our way down so you don't have to die, your choice).

And so much other things I can do. Thing is, being a rogue is more than just picking locks and backstabbing stuff. Most of what EQ assigned as being our nuanced utility is unnecessary in modern content, but when you think outside the box, rogues have a ton of nuanced utility at their disposal. You just have to be there at the keyboard to play the rogue, and stop worrying about being numero uno on the DPS charts. We have so much more to offer.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

That question is irrelevant to the problem.

The problem is that you need to drag a rogue or bard with you to open some doors.

It's much like how you used to need a wizard to get to Plane of Hate. No wizard, then you can't go there.

They removed that block by having guild portals go to Hate.

Why does this block remain?
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am pretty sure the question is pretty relevant to the problem. Until the block is cleared, it still remains relevant. It seems that the problem is two-fold: old content still needs a rogue/bard to get in, and rogues/bards aren't very populous. If rogues/bards were as numerous as weeds, then it wouldn't be as much as an issue, because finding one to run out with you wouldn't be a problem.

But, don't misunderstand my position here: I am in agreement with you...old content needs to have a mechanism to be unlocked for players without the need for a rogue/bard. I am just saying that the problem at hand is two-fold at this point.

I am interested in seeing, however, if there are going to be locked doors in the new expansion, especially if there are reboots of zones like Howling Stones and Old Sebilis.
  20. Pootle Elder

This... this... a thousand times this!!!!