Recipe Outputfile

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Haffa, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Haffa New Member

Just how is this output file supposed to help?? the patch says
    Added an /outputfile recipes command. It will output the names of tradeskill recipes you know if they qualify you for additional skill points past the 300 cap.
    Does that mean i can make these items I already know how to make and raise my skill past 300???
    I have looked at this file and to me it is useless (unless some one can explain it to me) it does not show the triv of the item - it is not in order of triv or even alphabetical
    it does have a # before the item name but that # does not match the item ID # ( if did match item ID # where in my tradeskill container can i use that # )
    sorry i just dont get what the purpose of the file is --- yes it shows me what recipes i know but not in any relavent order
  2. Bigstomp Augur

If you find someone who has already made a spreadsheet, or eq traders raw output it can be cross referenced to show you what you are missing.

There are many in the EQ community who are either or both of A: Lots of free time, B: software developers.

I plan to whip up a script to compare the two and tell me what I'm missing. Mine won't translate well to those less unix aware but I'm sure someone else more of the windows world could whip something up fast for this.
  3. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Drewie made a way for you to compare the 2 easily here: link

1. Do /outputfile recipes allthethings
    2. Upload it on the site listed above
    3. Copypasta the list of recipes, this is your to do list
    4. ???
    5. Profit
    Felicite likes this.
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

5. Bigstomp Augur

adetia likes this.
  6. Thrillho Augur

No, you need to learn new recipes to skill past 300. There are restrictions on the ones which count towards the 301+, such as no class-only combines, race-only combines, special containers, etc. The recipes output file tells you each of the recipes you currently know which count towards your 301+. It's a good way to figure out where you are and where you need to go to get to 350.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its a start now, I need a complete list of recipes in ID number order. LOL
    I've looked at fishing as that looked like less recipes I needed to learn, but how do you tell which prepared fish is which?

I need more patience. LOL
  8. Gialana Augur

It's useful if someone who has maxed the tradeskill to 350 to use the command to show which recipes counted toward raising the skill past 300. Then someone who has not gotten to 350 can compare their own list to see what else they can make to raise their skill.

If someone who is sub-350 uses their list to compare against all recipes for that skill, that would be less useful since they might then learn recipes which don't raise the skill past 300.

In short, the new command can be useful, but you'll have to use it wisely.
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Actually anything that appears in the outputfiles (whether folks are maxed or not) will count towards post 350. However its best to use someone who is 350 so that you know you'll be done if you "catch them all ;)".
    Bigstomp likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

It appears to be bugged at the moment and is not accepting the optional filename parameter so it is dumping the files in the bas 'everquest' folder.
  11. smash Augur

Just saw into JC.

You not made mistake in the instructions with comparing tab ?
    You wrote, put into C5, but is it not B5 ?

I got a huge list when I dumped into C5, at B5 it looked right.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Fixed! Thank you!
  13. Goneamuk Journeyman

Bring enough to share with the class.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

The fish ones are a bit of a mess, but honestly its so few recipes just bite the bullet do the 120 or so, there's only 2 fishing recipes that don't count anyway. on my chart system, i have clearly marked those.

Fishing gives the biggest return if your true goal is to power up your artisan's prize. After fishing, I'd suggest brewing.

http://www.townshiprebellion.com/tradeskill-checklists-and-guides/fishing
    Bigstomp likes this.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

Having just finished brewing I personally think fetching was easier but I had the accounts and toons to farm everything in 2 days and the combines flowed much smoother. Either way fishing is super easy and anyone working the artisan prize should start with this. 3 down time to bring on pottery. Thanks again to the community here for all the great resources and help. The trade skill community is by far the most amazing group of players in game.
  16. Haffa New Member

yes thank you all for info
    some one in game explained to me what the actual purpose of this outputfile is and how to use it

FIRST you need to have a friend or at least know some one that is 350 in skill and be willing to send you a copy of their outputfile

i can use eqtc and my trade container just as simple without having to ask some one to swap email addresses with and more downlaods
  17. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Or you can use my website, which doesn't require email from others ;)
    Tatanka likes this.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Since others have explained how to use this list and you seem to have gotten it, i am not going to repeat it.

However:
    meh... no it's not "just as simple"
    Before /outputfile recipe, you took the quick trivial list and worked your way through, recipe by recipe.
    Now, you take the same trivial list and compare it to the outputfile (minus) and you have your to-do list.

Especially Drewie's little tool that was linked above takes care this step - no need for a friend sending you his 350 list.
    The tediousness is still there though, when doing them - no getting rid of that, hehe...
    But /outputfile recipe was/is a big help and time-saver!
  19. Haffa New Member

Adetia , i have looked at your site and see you have put a lot of hard work into it
    couple days ago i tried to use this info ....... no go
    for 15 years i have used excell - office whatever on every computer i owned
    now i have windows 10 and microsoft wants me to pay them for something i have used for free for 15 years
    so again i ask without downloading more programs off the web or buying more programs , i do not have spreadsheet programs i can copy your hard work to on my computer
    i do not have trusted friends in everquest to swap emails with

very nice work tho Adetia ....

ACK thought maybe i could still use your spreadsheet and my outputfile side by side but the EQ outputfile is not in trivial order ....... DOH
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Two things....

The sheet doesn't work completely for me, unless I run it on Google Drive, so just make a copy there, it's free, and Adetia has posted instructions.

If you must copy your own local copy, I can recommend Open Office. Replacements for Word and Excel, and other apps, and it's also free :)