Question Palace of Embers mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Helena, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Helena New Member

We have tried doing this mission three times. We get to the second ambassador All Consuming Sound. We beat him down to 9% and get the writ but he seems to quickly regen his hp by the time we say "kill you" and then we wipe. By the time we get going again he has despawned and so far we don't seem to be able to respawn the named again. Its funny we can get him to 90% each time but its finishing after that we have problems with.

Is there a trick to this and if not could the mission be changed so that you can still spawn the named again after getting the writ in case of a wipe or someone dying and not getting the flag?

Should we just try another Ambassador and see if that goes any better?
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Are y'all letting him regen fully ??
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Seven fully?

I am curious about this one too.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

was on my cell, an for some reason regen was autocorrected to seven. =P
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Dewey Augur

Don't stop DPSing him. Just have the tank or someone who always targets him spam the word. Put it on a hotkey if you have to.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Whulfgar like this.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Dewey is correct.

Best way threw that if you have that low of DPS.. simple don't stop killing him an when he reaches a certain % low on health.

Hotkey the phrase .. then keep pouring on the deepz..
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just some added advice for this because this task seriously blows (well...all of the progression tasks blow)...

If you happen to have someone outside the group to help with DPS (friend, guildmate, boxed toon, whatever), make damn sure they stop attacking once you DPS the mob down and it responds to the trigger phrase to finish it off. If someone outside the group gets the killshot, it won't update and you'll have to start over because you can't get him to spawn again. Just thought I'd pass that along since it happened to me and some guildmates the first time we tried the task. Someone outside the group had their pet helping and forgot to turn it off after the phrase update, the pet got the kill...we had to start over.
    Whulfgar and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. Nniki Augur

Also note that All Consuming Sound casts a directional AE:

[45611] Belching Flames
    Target: Directional AE (300 to 60 Degrees)
    Range: 1000', AE Range: 250'
    Resist: Fire, Min Resist Chance: 10%, Max Resist Chance: 20%
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 125555
    2: Decrease Current HP by 88888 per tick