Question for people that have raided RoS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Theido, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Theido New Member

Just curious about the state of rogues.

I made a rogue on the first day of release but have never played him up all the way. Recently I have pushed him up to 108 with 13k aa's and am wondering if my lack of ability to do anything remotely like solo/moloing is made up for at end game.

Are rogues still elite DPS or are they just another flavor of similar damage?

I like the IDEA of rogues, just not sure they are special apart from their rarity.

Thanks
  2. Axxius Augur

Rogues aren't bad in raids. They do about 70% of the Druid dps :D

Gundolin, svann, Sheex and 3 others like this.
  3. Theido New Member

there can be great disparity between "aren't bad" and good. clearly druids win the day... until patch at least. but for the amount of work required to do that damage would another class do a good bit less? or instead the same amount of work on another class pays off just as well but with better playability outside of raids. I do really appreciate the feedback
  4. Cleaver Augur

Rogues could use alittle boost honestly.
    Gundolin and mmats like this.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

Play the class you enjoy and take pride in. As long as you do that and push to constantly improve, the rest will take care of itself.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

sind is a big fan of participation trophies =).

to answer your question, top rogues are good dps. but if you don't get the timing down they go from good to horribad quickly, similar to any melee class really it seems to be all about knowing what buttons to push when.

so as usual, I guess it really just comes down to what you enjoy + how much effort you're willing to put in.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

Participation trophies for the likes of you are about the only trophy you would ever see!!
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

i'm just saying, we didn't beat T3 when I wasn't in the raid... and we did when I was.... draw your own conclusions.
    Daedly likes this.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

Rogues are viable in raids, at least from my own standpoint. With AAs capped, the right rotations and hotbuttons, etc., you can do good burst and sustained DPS through the fight. Running your alliance, especially if you have Rk III on rotation with other rogues really beefs it up (2.5mil DD). So, we are very viable. We may not be top #1, but I usually pull top 5-10 depending on the raid (only because I am still learning the newer ones we are hitting, so working on my rotations and burns in them).

But, there is so much more to being a rogue than just trying to top the DPS chart. A rogue with SoS II can pretty much go anywhere he/she wants. We can ghetto CotH (drag bodies and rez where the people want them...I did this last night in HS for someone wanting to do the 2nd OT Partisans). We can gather ground collectibles for guildies, especially in places like HS, ST, VP, etc. We can go check out camp spots, because not everyone answers to a "camp check." We can make poisons, especially Spider's Bite and Scorpion's Agony, which helps fire off rogue alliances more effectively in raids when you hand them out to meleers (There were times when I was the only rogue on a raid, and still getting my alliance to fire off with handing these out.)

Basically, there is a lot of stuff you can do as a rogue, other than poke stuff in the butt and go for maximum DPS. I love being a rogue, love helping others with the abilities that I have.
    Fohpo likes this.
  10. Fohpo Augur

This man knows what's up, rogues can bring some kind of utility.
  11. Nudia Augur

They're also required in RoS raiding in a few places.
    Axxius likes this.
  12. Fohpo Augur

Haven't delved far into it, I know for T2 Crypt Robbers they are basically required or super helpful?
  13. Sancus Augur

Both Crypt Robbers and Drusella's Vault (basically?) require them. There might be another way to do the coffins, I'm not sure, but certainly they're very useful.
  14. Lianeb Augur

Hello bards
  15. Nudia Augur

What's a bard?

Sorry, I meant to say they are required*.
  16. Bobsmith Augur

Bards are a myth....like pet push.