Progression Server Raid Update Coming July 1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

During the Wednesday, July 1, 2015 patch we’ll be updating raid encounters on the Ragefire and Lockjaw progression servers.

[IMG]

Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, Master Yael, Phinigel Autropos, Innoruuk, Cazic-Thule, and more will spawn more often on these servers. Some of these contested targets will also be considerably more difficult! You’ll need the coordination of more adventurers if you wish to defeat these bosses.

We're also adding load-balancing to Nagafen's Lair, Permafrost Caverns, Kedge Keep, and the Hole. Note that raid targets will only spawn in the base versions of these zones.

In addition, we’ll be increasing the player cap in zones where raid bosses can spawn and in the Commonlands (there’s a tunnel on the east side of the zone where Norrathians seem to like to congregate).

Aristo has more details on these raid changes in his post here.

We’re excited about these changes, because it will make raid content more available while still allowing for the competition and accomplishment which is part of the EverQuest experience on these progression servers.

We’re grateful for everyone’s feedback regarding the Ragefire and Lockjaw server, and appreciate your passion for these servers and your support!
    Soulsavior and Frenzic like this.
  2. Greymere Augur

Thanks for listening to the feedback and responding
  3. Agrippa Augur

Are the changes to these almost twenty year old bosses exclusive to the progression servers? If not, make sure that banishing is a thing of the past, too. While I enjoy playing on a number of special ruleset servers, I think that it's important to keep changes that are put in specifically for those servers to remain separate from the rest.
  4. Elthorien Elder

The Loudest voice is not always the majority voice.
    that was the problem that started this entire mess over the years with everquest and has put it in the state that it is in
  5. Numiko Augur

With Naggy and Vox becoming "harder" will the level 52 limit be removed when Kunark Launches?
  6. Vlerg Augur

expedition still sounds 10X better . Sorry...

with the current massive zerg forces present on TLP ( aka 100+ player in fear when CT is due).. i'm afraid these changes ... won't change much.
    Nenake likes this.
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

You have three oversights here.

1) Raid targets should be able to spawn in any instance. Letting them only spawn in the base instance encourages . As you can see, the fact that you censor the word "poop sock" suggests that you don't approve of it on the forums, yet you encourage it in game.

Let raid targets spawn in any instance (not multiple at once, just in any of the available - or, to really add the classic experience, spawn a new instance fully popped with the raid target in it when the raid target spawns).

2) All zones should have have player cap removed. Especially Commonlands. But really any of them. The load balancing should be a feature available by default, but you should be able to opt out of it and always be able to zone into any instance you wish.

Increase the player cap for all instances, not just raid zones.

3) There's no reason not to make these changes to Hate, Fear, and Sky as well. You want to keep the bulk of your playerbase? That's how you keep the bulk of your playerbase.

Load balance the three planes, allow the raid bosses to spawn in any available instance, and remove the player count limit in these zones as well.

Finish the job.

Thanks for listening.
  8. Malystaire New Member

You are merely repeating the same mistakes that Verant and SOE made. Catering and cowtowing to the hardcore raiders at the expense of the real paying customers and they wondered why 2 million people tried EQ and it never retained more than 450,000 at the game's peak. Community and cooperation was the game's claim to fame, not this deluded belief in competition for content. You are exactly what an earlier poster stated, completely disconnected from the real audience that has returned to these progression servers. I am sorely disappointed and baffled by your attitude. Why not put these kinds of decisions up for a vote, instead of assuming, incorrectly I might add, the wrong ideas. Verant had a chip on their shoulder too and they paid the price, will you?
  9. Excrutiator New Member

I figure you don't want to give a precise number on this to avoid people starting their poop socking. But is there an approximate amount that they have been changed? like say "somewhere close to 50%" or "expect to see them much more often" or /Shudder "Expect a very slight decrease in their spawn timer".

"More often" is vary vague and hasn't seemed to help alleviate anyone's anxiety or dissatisfaction of the situation.

10. Numiko Augur

Will the instances and buffed old school bosses carry over to the live servers like the first set of instances did? or will these changes be TLP exclusive.
  11. Prathun Developer

I understand wanting to know and I definitely understand healthy skepticism, but we don't normally share spawn time data for relevant content and we prefer that these things are figured out through play rather than us spoiling DB data. Raid NPCs will spawn significantly faster, on average. :)
    Jon-da-man!, Excrutiator and Xanadas like this.
  12. glitchen New Member

it just boggles my mind.....how can you make it possible for a guild to lock down and out any raid boss and prevent entry into the zone and think this is fair play! why not instance and lock outs, if your not going to do it...at least respond as to why not
  13. EqEqEq Elder

The eye rolling when people read that must have been epic.

Question for the devs what guild does these changes favor the one guild that has an alt online 24/7 in each raid zone ready to light the fire beacons, or the plethora of other guilds that have people online between 5PM and 11PM? Somehow your Twisted logic thinks it will favor the latter.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It's already been mentioned by Daybreak that load-balancing works on regular servers as well as progression, although it rarely happens because regular servers do not often have large numbers in the zones that have load-balancing.

However, with Hardcore Heritage now in progress, Nagafen's Lair (at least in the past) gets overcrowded with people hoping for the Ancient Cloak of Flames. Can we expect to see additional instances of the HH Nagafen's Lair in order to help free up some camps for those attempting to gain the cloak or does this not work in the HH zone? If it does work, what number of players in the zone is needed to spawn another /pick?
    guado likes this.
  15. patius New Member

Please re-consider your view on instancing and at least give us the Choice to vote on this issue. I really want to play this game but I do not agree with your decision and I will not re-sub at this time until changes are made that make the game better for the many rather than the few.
  16. Vaclav Augur

I would love to see instancing personally patius, and I feel it's still necessary. But please, please, please wait to see how the environment is after the current adjustments they're putting into place here.

I share being dubious - but let's at least give these changes a chance to feel their effect before going back on the crusade for instancing.

To me, .iIt's PROBABLY still going to be necessary - but if it's not would be a shame to scare off the instancephobes needlessly.
  17. patius New Member

The problem that I see coming from this is that guilds can no longer schedule raids.That is why I stated what I did in the previous post. I really want to be able to join a guild and start raiding knowing there will be something up that we can kill. The new setup that they are going to roll out only caters to those that are perma camping those spots.
  18. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I appreciate your optimism but if you think there are any scheduled raids right now you are crazy. The closest thing there is to a scheduled raid right now is "We will kill Vox when the server comes back up" and a patch or "We will kill Sky island <whichever> within the next 6 hours when it spawns." There is no scheduled raiding because nothing lives longer then about three minutes if contested, ten minutes if not.
  19. Symbius Augur

It may be true that it is part of the EverQust experience, but it is one of the absolute WORST parts of the EverQuest experience.

So, keep on trying to spin that garbage. Only the top 1-2% even care about "competition".

These new raid changes are the biggest waste of your time you've all done so far.
  20. Nenton Augur

Thanks for making the expedition raiding argument for us.
    patius likes this.