Primary Anchor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhenna_BB, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Until the most every patch day bug that eats most player's Primary Anchor, can you just stick one in everyone's /itemoverflow on patch days, please? I'm sure this bug takes a lot of attention away from GM's for other player issues. Thank you!
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just curious, where do you place your primary anchor?

Mine's been in my guild hall for years, never seen it disappear.

Perhaps if we could narrow down what makes them go poof, they could fix it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This is far from a new bug and has been reported many, many times. Grand Guild Hall is where it was placed. My entire guild loses them every patch, just about.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I know it's an old bug, my point was, some people never lose them, so let's see if we can figure out why.

I am using one of the Loyalty guild hall packages. Can't remember the name, but it's pretty basic. I have ~25 chars who have their primary anchors in there, none have every disappeared. So, Grand guild hall may be the issue.

I'm NOT in a guild neighborhood, that may be a factor.

Guild hall is nowhere near at capacity, storage-wise. Very little placed in it, other than the basic items which came with the guild hall.

(Sorry, software tester in me looking for answers ;)
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Jhenna_BB like this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Thank you to those of you that sent PM's on this issue. I had real estate saves as far back as 2014 on my hard drive and I deleted all the old ones. Hopefully, this will be the end of losing anchors. :)
  6. Teylana Elder

Going to bump this one.

The last patch killed the primary anchors for every toon in my guild. Many of us petitioned and got the anchors returned quickly - only to have them disappear again just a couple of days later. I had two disappear while I was logged in. Can we get something from the DB team acknowledging the issue and maybe a ball park ETA on a fix please.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

For those of us who have no idea what this means, could you explain how the problem was caused?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not sure if this is what was meant but at one time this was the fix for disappearing anchors (so long as you were not on AB server - they had their own issues) : Can be in any zone - go to EQ button - real estate - items and at the top of that screen click layouts. Go through and delete all layouts with your character name.

I used to post this fix but since it did not work 100% of the time people sent me a lot of nasty notes so I quit posting it.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks, didn't know that.

And that adds one data point to my second post above... I've never saved a layout, and have never lost an anchor, so perhaps they are related.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its not files you save - they are files the game automatically saves. Check under layout tab and see how many you have. Its kinda like the journal but I don't think you can turn this on or off.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wow, 18+ years, and I keep learning more about this game!
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. NeverPayForLag Augur

Thank you for that one. Perhaps I can solve some problems with the GH with that. No real easy information to get for Raidtools, Guildhalls, etc... I will try that.

Discovered now the hard way that you can buy your anchore package while NOT HAVING GOLD ACCESS but it is not possible to plant it into the Palatial Guild Hall - how useless. Now the next surprise. I wanted to take it and move it to another place with a toon which has no Gold Access anymore (forgot this problem). Now I have an anchor in my inventory and cannot place it again. Another stupid unlogic thing which shouldn't be there. But perhaps this is intended so that this single account needs to sub again for a month to only plant an anchor which makes trouble... so long for "usability"...

Everyday another surprise...
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Gold or free can buy plots and houses. So buy 2 plots, one by guild hall and one by neighborhood entrance. Then assign permissions for whoever you want to be able to access the plot. Doesn't even have to be a house - plot alone will work. Place one anchor on plot close to guild hall and the other anchor on the one near entrance. This is how I have my free accounts set up. It works very well so they can port to near the guild hall or down to entrance of lobby if needed. I use both the primary and secondary anchors in this set up.

It won't do you any good to sub for a month to plant the anchor since it will parcel it back to you as soon as you go free unless yours is a silver account. My silver accounts can put anchors in guild halls.
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

I could kiss you, Kitty :) Posts like this makes the forum precious.

mh... that is the reason, why some anchors simply stay at the place. But I have many free accounts as buff stations in the guild hall and they have their anchors placed and they didn't disappear. But I checked one of the four and he is on Free, not on silver and has planted a guild hall anchor in our guild hall and it stayed there. Downside: I was so stupid to intend to move it and now I have that trouble. Hopefully this was not a bug, else I could spank myself for that one wrong button click....
  15. Tucoh Augur

Would love a clicky that just ported you to GGH. Would get rid of like, 500 anchors in my ggh, all of which had gotten own up this summer
  16. Raccoo Augur

Could have that clicky link to an item that can only be placed once on a GGH, like the portal.
  17. NeverPayForLag Augur

Perhaps it is possible to leave out completely the Palatial Guild Hall and simply put EVERY merchant, porter, banker, etc. on the ground. It is really anacronistical to need to zone into a stupid little house for reaching the zone. Then you can only run into the next hex to meet all buff toons or friends.

Houses are so useless when things disappear or toons cannot login. I assume this could be a problem with the Palatial Guld Hall loading as a zone. I will try that.
  18. NeverPayForLag Augur

So I was a bit too opportunistic... it does not work.
    Guild hall teleporter, all "friendly" bankers, parcelers, etc.. are not friendly enough to be placed neither at Guild Hall Ground, nor on housing ground... they need the Guild Hall (...spoiled clerks...). The same is true for the dummies. So to set up a complete Survival Guild Hall outside near the clear lake in the freedom of the landscape is not possible...

DGB PLEASE FIX GUILD HALL!