PREORDERS ARE UP!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KermittheFroglok, Oct 21, 2020.

1. KermittheFroglok Augur

Good news, we can finally get an Othmir illusion, Othmir merc., & there's a snow bunny mount!

Otherwise, its kind of meh. We get a pre-order bonus this year in the form of more shared exp. goblets but it's only level 2, not 3. Worse, the Friends and Family edition is packed with Overseer packs and Human Heritage crates, so no RNG override bundle :-/ Not sure I care for the heroic boosts either.

The Friends & Family tier definitely got nerfed so I'm not sure if its as good for people hoping to exchange the gifs for Krono.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

Also, don't we already have an frost themed wurm? I get that this is a different type of ice/cold but...
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That is the only pre order bonus? Some exp goblets?:(

No igloo for a special house?
    Mukkul, Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  4. Redrum_Redrum Augur

5. KermittheFroglok Augur

When was the last expansion we even got a special house? I don't even know, just know it was when I was on a break from EQ. I doubt they have the resources to facilitate that unless they repurposed an older map.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Beta server is down and it looks like no forums yet.

No female othmir :(
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Shadowfax New Member

The skyshrine dragon brazier looks pretty nice.
  8. Nadisia Augur

Oh, an igloo would have been so nice.

And no female othmir? What ? It's a shame !!!
    #othmirgirlsonstrike
    Gyurika Godofwar, Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  9. Hekaton Augur

Daybreak/Darkpaw has never done a special house for EQ. The last one was the ship from The Darkened Sea which was the last Sony expansion. EQ2 gets glorious houses every year. cmon guys skin a house with ice interiors or something like the hermits hideaway.
  10. The real Sandaormo Augur

PRE-ORDERED!

Also, how do you know if an Othmir is female?

There is a Beehive house from CoTF i think it was.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. KermittheFroglok Augur

The worst part is it looks like they cut at least one of the the planned items!

If you watch the Youtube video, there was originally going to be a mimic metamorph wand too! I would have totally chosen the mimic over the bulthar. I really really hope they put that into an upcoming heritage crate or make that attainable, that would look great or be fun to place in housing. Go to 58 seconds in!

12. dreamweaver Community Manager

Don't worry! That Mimic Metamorph wand is still going to pop up somewhere.
  13. Phancy Elder

Not only do we need new expansion houses but they really need to up the number of slots inside the older ones. For their size, 100 slots above a normal 3 room house is not enough to decorate thoroughly.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

RIP not having houses as part of the $90 or $140 packages. Just a bunch of illusions and other cosmetic things are, in my opinion, kinda tough sells on the way from $35 to $90 or $150.

I thankfully have the bixie (CotF) and evantil (RoF) houses from way-back-when.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Blood pools differently after you've quad kited them on the beach.

Is it too late to request that anyone the Othmir Gentleman illusion is player attackable?

...many othmir were killed to raise my tailoring to 250 in the day...
  16. Jondalar Augur

What do you do with 30 overseer packs? Are they tradeable?
  17. KermittheFroglok Augur

I hope they change their mind and add the mimic familiar as a pre-order bonus.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. eqgamer Augur

Getting a bug where I try to order w/ one of my accounts and it points me to use a CC or Pay Pal...which is wrong as should point to the CC I have on file. When I try to add CC info from page where it's asking for CC or Pay Pal it says my CC is already on file and to use that one...I'll give it another day although all of my other accounts had no issue.
  19. KermittheFroglok Augur

Use them to play overseer I guess, but... not sure how much value they are, I assume they're not tradable similar to the ones you buy from the Marketplace (I think they're not tradable).
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah the closest you can get now is to pick up the Hermit's Hideaway from a LON rng pack - I got two that way and another one someone was selling in the baz but its been at least a year since I have seen any more. Am hoping they put the ROF collectable edition on sale with the Adobe. But it would prob be like $200 lol

Hermit's Hideaway Legends of Norrath
    Evantil's Abode Rain of Fear Collector's Edition
    Hive of the Bixie Call of the Forsaken Collector's Edition
    The Wayward Lady The Darkened Sea Collector's Edition