PP tax on summon remains

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Treesmasha, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Treesmasha New Member

Dear DBG,

Why did you feel it necessary to add a pp tax to the summon remains AA? It could only be used once every few minutes at best, required the corpse owner to be in zone, in group, AND near to the summoner. You have effectively turned it into a more expense version of the spell Shadereaper's Proclamation.

Curious ShadowKnight
  2. Zunnoab Augur

It is a bizarre and confusing change, if I understand this. They seemed to be moving away reagents, so I'm not sure why this kind of disappointing regression would happen.
  3. Spellfire Augur

If devs objective with this change was to annoy people - good job! I'm annoyed.
  4. JeffHanson Augur

I don't even care about the plat cost -- it's trivially small. I am just annoyed that I had to clear out a spot in my "food-n-stuff" bag to carry around a stack of coffins.

One of the perks of leveling up has always been that we don't need to use reagents any more. What other spells or AAs still require reagents at level 110? The only one I can think of offhand is Group Call of the Hero (and that reagent cost really should be removed).

This change does not address any ongoing issue or problem with the game. It does not improve the game in any way. It's just a waste of development time and resources, and it does annoy the playerbase. If I didn't know better, I'd think that sometimes the devs make this kind of change in order to pad their monthly productivity.
    Yinla and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

DI requires emeralds. Clerics can go through hundreds of emeralds in a week (thankfully, they stack high)
  6. Tappin Augur

I’m not sure what the purpose of this is. The PP cost is trivial -besides who travels all the back to zone to summon? I just drag my corpse at this point.
  7. Lianeb Augur

it was stated the summon would carry the cost of a GL summoning agent.
  8. Tappin Augur

What is the point if I have to travel back to the zone?
  9. Veritas New Member

Someone whined about SK/Nec summoning a corpse for free every 10 mins i suppose. Same group who hated GMM and Ripo ?
  10. Tappin Augur

If I’m running back to the zone, I’m dragging my corpse. Otherwise, I use GL. Anyone really use this AA? Sounds like to me, we have another reduce regiment AA in the works for next expansion. What would be point of that if no one has any spells/AA that require regiments?
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You've nerfed far enough (GMM/Riposte nerf) Tappin! :rolleyes:
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Summon Remains works exactly like the GL summoners in that it will summon your target's corpse(s) from any zone in the game directly to their feet.

(Not supporting the change, just clarifying)
  13. Tappin Augur

Thanks for letting me know, then whats the big deal with the PP cost? Seems fair to me.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Honestly, I don't really have an issue with the change to require a reagent. Our normal in-same-zone-only summon has the same requirement. I guess I could see a case being made for the cooldown on the AA being the replacement for the reagent cost, in which case maybe we could just remove it (or reduce to like 10s).
    Gadreel likes this.
  15. Gadreel New Member

Not a bad idea if they are going to screw us over at least reduce the timer. Then at least we wouldn't feel like they don't care for us more of a trade.
  16. Grove Augur

Just for my confirmation, clarification
    Summon remains (AA, 4 coffins, about 280 pp) summons corpses of others or you from anywhere
    other (AA, coffins ?) summons corpses of others or you within same zone
    Shadereaper's Proclamation (spell and many others almost every preceding five levels restricted by level, 2 coffins at high level) summons corpses of others or you within same zone
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'm only 90, on FTP for some time, and don't have all expansions, but this thread got me wondering enough to log in and open my spell book...

In my Spell Book:
    (Nec12) Lesser Summon Corpse up to Level 35: 1 Black Ceremonial
    *see below
    (Nec57) Conjure Corpse up to Level 70: 1 Tiny Jade Inlaid
    (Nec71) Exhumer's Call up to Level 75: 2 Tiny Jade Inlaid
    (Nec76) Procure Corpse up to Level 80: 2 Tiny Jade Inlaid
    (Nec81) Reaper's Call up to Level 85: 2 Tiny Jade Inlaid
    (Nec86) Reaper's Beckon up to Level 90: 2 Tiny Jade Inlaid
    They all say "Summons your target's corpse to you." If I remember correctly, they are all IN CURRENT ZONE.

*Unknown Spell shows where my beloved Summon Corpse spell had been. It was the first and favorite thing I ever did with a guild (because I couldn't solo Splitpaw). Functionally I can still summon corpses, but it kind of sucks from a nostalgia standpoint (probably only for me).

AAs:
    Summon Corpse:
    {my current rank} 1/9
    "Highest rank of Conjure Corpse [up to 70] you have scribed" IN CURRENT ZONE
    No mention of components but spell uses 2 tiny jade. Requires Level 57 (same as related spell).
    {my next rank} 2/9
    "Highest rank of Exhumer's Call [up to 75] you have scribed" IN CURRENT ZONE
    No mention of components but spell uses 2 tiny jade. Requires Level 71 (same as related spell).

Summon Remains 1/1:
    "Summons ALL of the corpses of your targeted group member to THAT target's location"
    Consumes 4 Tiny Jade Inlaid. Requires Level 76 and Summon Corpse (AA) at rank/level 1

Wondering, is it true that Summon Remains (AA) and Corpse Summoner in GH are the only things that drop it at your feet from anywhere?

And Summon Remains (AA) has no level limit (for the corpse being summoned)? If so, it's worth 4 jade to me.
  18. Volgare Journeyman

Summon corpse brings the corpse to the necro , as long as both parties are in same zone, AKA necro CoH. Summon remains is like guild lobby summon , it summons all corpses to the persons feet.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  19. GoneFission Augur

I haven’t logged in since before this nerf. Since it has a much larger cost compared to pre-nerf, did they remove the recast time?

If it costs as much as a lobby rez, it should be as usable as a lobby rez.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It's an annoying and unnecessary step backwards: we now need to carry reagents for an ability that we didn't need before (for how many years?). It's all just a ploy to create more busy work and get people to spend real $ on big bags.

It is often really disappointing to see how wildly the priorities of the game devs differ from those of the players. Antifun.