Pet immunity

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I'm finding some mobs are simply immune to pet taunt/tanking, like in the old days where if a PC gets in agro range the mob switches regardless. I've seen it a lot in missions and occasionally on trash. The mission in Velk's Lab is an example, the second boss at some point just decided to not target the pet. Helpdesk (that would be the name of my pet, with agro swords, and taunt on) stopped giving taunt messages, I even toggled it off and on just to be sure.

Why? And why is there no warning?

If a shaman tries to slow a mob and gets "Your target is immune to changes in its attack speed", they know not to bother.

If a ranger tries to snare and gets "Your target is immune to changes in its run speed", they know not to bother.

But if a mob decides to munch on our monk instead of Helpdesk I don't know if the monk is just putting out too much hate or if the mob is ignoring pets entirely. My group uses a shaman and a merc for heals so we typically use my pet and gargoyles as mitigation tools sharing agro with our Shadowknight tank, or to offtank if we get a few, or as main tank if SK goes down to a bad round. But when mobs just randomly, with no reason or warning, decide to ignore them it is ... not good.
  2. kookoo Augur

our group usually have 2 melee toons ( rogue and zerker ) , and we rely on pet tanking .

our guild don't have many real tanks, and we can't rely on them much .

so there are some missions that these 2 melee friends can't join because of the anti pet taunting , ( we have to do them missions to get many currencies to buy the type 5 augm's ) .

like i heard in the past, ** ask them to change class and be ranged class ** LOL ......... they like to play their melee class and will not change main just because of that anti pet taunting on some mobs,
  3. Duder Augur

Everything in the game shouldn't be pet tankable. Proximity aggro selectively deployed is good balance. The warning comes when it immediately switches from your pet to whoever, regardless of hate level. Proximity aggro is not hard to spot.